Music

Walsingham

Felt like sparking up a bit, so listened to the imminent

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Isn't that the band with crazy UFO believer ?

Yeah, John Cyriis is a really weird guy. Amazing voice, though.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

:(

That was... bizarre =]

Not bad, but weird. Like watching the sun rising in the west.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

(Material presented as found @ youtube.com)

Really finding back to my primal urges and my lifelong desire to spiritually, technically and theoretically master all aspects of playing, producing then presenting my undying affection towards this phenomenom reffered to as Metal music... And no, thats not me playing but it could have been... if i had some trustworthy notes on that stuff :shifty:

A high lore skill will automatically identify a magical item as it enters your inventory.

Jag Panzer - Symphony of Terror

Another old-ish metal band. Their later stuff got kinda meh, though.

Nothing after Ample Destruction is really worth listening to, imo.

Generally Hostile is my favorite song of theirs. I'M A MAN WHO SHOWS NO MERCY FOR THE WEAK!

Still, Jag Panzer is good, but people seem to give them more praise than they deserve. For me at least they never really matched up with the best of their contemporaries. Liege Lord, Fates Warning, and Vicious Rumors are, at least to my ears, a good bit better.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Toxik - Machine Dream

That solo...that ****ing solo! Josh Christian is a monster guitarist.

Gotta love the lyrics, too - cleverly written, and *harsh*.

Perfection's calling

But you can't reply

Your reflection's appalling

So harder you try

This thread has gotten far too metally.

And now, looking for an antidote, I'm frustrated that I can't find a decent youtube of the original recording of the Modern Jazz Quartet's "Django." (Seriously, this was the best I could find, and the sound quality sucks. How are people supposed to appreciate how awesome John Lewis' piano playing was from that?)

Edited by Enoch

Heh, I had my ipod plugged into speakers playing some Gregorian (that german group that take modern / rock / metal songs and turn them into gregorian style chanting with a little bit of synth music) when some friends popped round to catch up over christmas.

They sat down, enjoyed a cup of tea, a chat..and about half an hour in finally asked what the music was because they sort of recognised it...

When they realised it was "Nothing Else Matters" they were totally surprised..sat a moment..and then did this "I liked it.. didn't know what it was..but now I do it's kind of taken over in my mind when I try to think what the original was like..."

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

And now, looking for an antidote, I'm frustrated that I can't find a decent youtube of the original recording of the Modern Jazz Quartet's "Django." (Seriously, this was the best I could find, and the sound quality sucks. How are people supposed to appreciate how awesome John Lewis' piano playing was from that?)

This is much better.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

But metal is great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFOpL2eTlKc

I'M THE PRESIDENT OF SHOWBIZ

MY NAME IS CHARLIE

I'M A ****SUCKIN' ****

THAT'S WHAT THEY CALL ME

HERE FROM MY HOLLYWOOD TOWER I RULE

I'M A LYIN' MOTHER****ER, THE CHAINSAW'S MY TOOL!

Not jazz, just old stuff listened to in the last week... (been watching a few Quentin Tarantino movies recently) :)

The Ronettes - Be My baby

Nancy Sinatra - These boots are made for walking

Juice Newton - Angel of the morning

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein