5 Reasons It's Still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer

Lol.

It's not cool to admit you're a gamer?

Try admitting you're a wargamer.

hai guis i play wow lol

We both know that's not what usually gets you all the blank stares.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I'm gonna be honest, if you're really hot. I mean hot like attractive, fit, sexy, good looking, wealthy, well dressed and getting laid regularly by other hot people...

you can say you play D&D and people instead of staring at you like a psycho will actually ask you stuff like

"really? I've always wondered what that was, is it like a game or something?"

if hot person responds: "actually its more like collaborative problem solving. You and some good friends are presented with a problem, and then you work through it together"

then the hot person retains dignity and also is maintaining hot veil of mystery.

NEVER TELL THEM WHAT D&D IS ACTUALLY LIKE. you will lose 2-8 points hotness immediately (depending on how detailed you are in your description).

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

NEVER TELL THEM WHAT D&D IS ACTUALLY LIKE. you will lose 2-8 points hotness immediately (depending on how detailed you are in your description).
No. NO, NO, NO!

The correct format is, "you will suffer 2d4 hotness damage", dammit!

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

No. NO, NO, NO!

You just did too.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I'm gonna be honest, if you're really hot. I mean hot like attractive, fit, sexy, good looking, wealthy, well dressed and getting laid regularly by other hot people...

you can say you play D&D and people instead of staring at you like a psycho will actually ask you stuff like

"really? I've always wondered what that was, is it like a game or something?"

if hot person responds: "actually its more like collaborative problem solving. You and some good friends are presented with a problem, and then you work through it together"

then the hot person retains dignity and also is maintaining hot veil of mystery.

Actually, I think the wealthy part is enough. Just like anything else, wealth buys a lot of tolerance.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Hey, Vin Deisel happily admits to being a DnD geek. Hell, he even had the names of his favourite characters put into the tattoos he had to wear for xXx... And yet still a fair amount of the girls I know find him incredibly hot..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Hey, Vin Deisel happily admits to being a DnD geek. Hell, he even had the names of his favourite characters put into the tattoos he had to wear for xXx... And yet still a fair amount of the girls I know find him incredibly hot..

Really? They find chinless wonders with a blank stare, a bald head and way, way, way too much steroids in their body attractive?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I think it's kind of like Ron Perlman. Girls love the voice, even if they don't have the looks of prettier actors..

<shrugs>

I just know quite a few girls who happily do the "squee!!" when Vin is mentioned.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Actually, I think the wealthy part is enough. Just like anything else, wealth buys a lot of tolerance.

"I'm not crazy, I'm eccentrically creative." .... :thumbsup:

Also, I wouldn't say Vin Diesel is "hot", but he does have a certain appeal, especially in his "serious" eye gaze. But then, I tend to have a thing for bald men. If he had/kept a full head of hair, his appeal-factor would plummet drastically.

FindMeGuiltyStillcap.jpg

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

No. NO, NO, NO!

You just did too.

Obviously, I'm immune to hotness damage or drain effects. smug.gif

Really? They find chinless wonders with a blank stare, a bald head and way, way, way too much steroids in their body attractive?
Hello, Jay-Z? Success is the most powerful aphrodisiac. If Vin was just a mechanic working at the retailer around the corner earning minimum wage, he wouldn't be anywhere near as "hot" to them.

"I'm not crazy, I'm eccentrically creative." .... ;)

Also, I wouldn't say Vin Diesel is "hot", but he does have a certain appeal, especially in his "serious" eye gaze. But then, I tend to have a thing for bald men. If he had/kept a full head of hair, his appeal-factor would plummet drastically.

FindMeGuiltyStillcap.jpg

I'm bald.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

So I missed the thread, no sweat Ill just pretend the last 50 or so posts didnt happen. Here's my stance: EVERYONE plays games nowadays so please just shut up. It's like you meet someone at a party and you go like:

-So what do you do in your free time?

-Uh, lie on the sofa and watch TV.

-No way! I totally watch TV too!!

-Really?! Oh my god thats incredible, we have so much in common!

(I think I may have stolen that from somewhere, but I cant remember)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

"If Vin was just a mechanic working at the retailer around the corner earning minimum wage, he wouldn't be anywhere near as "hot" to them."

That's silly. If Disele was 'just a mechanic around the corner', most women wouldn't have never heard of him anyways so it would be irrelevanthow 'hot' they think he is. As we know, looks are one of the top things Hollywood looks for. Wouldn't be surprised if some casting director saw him doing whatever and said he has that 'look'.. or the same thing applied when he first auditioned. 8shrug* He didn't get to where he is by accident.

Women think he's hot because they think he's hot. It's that simple.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Man, I am not familiar with God of War but it seems pretty hilarious. If a game is labelled mature it often seems to mean just the opposite. Can anyone think of a game that handled sex with maturity?

Edited by Tel Aviv

Man, I am not familiar with God of War but it seems pretty hilarious. If a game is labelled mature it often seems to mean just the opposite. Can anyone think of a game that handled sex with maturity?

Closest I can come to is Heavy Rain. But that was more adrenalin letdown than actual loving sex when you think about it.

That said, I'm guessing things aren't that bad as most of the Northwestern U football team are massive gamers (Two of em are in my WoW guild, go figure).

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

*Shrug*

I find most gamers are about as dull as most "normal" people.

to obsessively inane degrees

Fixed that for you. :w00t:

If a game is labelled mature it often seems to mean just the opposite.

It's called the Torchwood Effect.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

Can anyone think of a game that handled sex with maturity?

Can anyone think of a man who handles sex with maturity?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

My point is a broader one, which just occurred to me. When we talk of maturity in the West what we most often mean is 'what women think is mature'. Women have their own views, and are perfectly entitled to them. But by the same token, what makes male views intrinsically invalid? And hence the male view so often expressed in games, invalid?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.