Games you are looking forward to.

Darque

Homeworld 3.

Relic reacquired the license in 2008 and its been hinted that its in the making. CoH is petering out, and the only game officially in development other than CoH (asian versions) is Space Marine. For a studio like Relic that's too little. This tells me that they're working on something in secret.

Okay, they can't repeat the magic of the original. It was always a stand alone title, a combination of (almost accidental) things that's impossible to repeat. I'm not even expecting them to. What I want is a decent story and a new graphics engine to see all those ships in their full glory.

Mothership.jpg

Fantastic! This is one that I would look forward to; and of course Diablo 3, and Gearbox's DNF,

*(also Myth4, Dungeonkeepr3, and an Oni 2 ~if these could happen)

Edited by Gizmo

I think I'll get Gran Turismo 5 when it comes out. It should be fairly epic, they've been working on it forever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v3aCp899F8...player_embedded

And Gizmo... Why would you want Myth4 given Myth 3 was HORRIBLE? Well, then again, Myth 4 by Bungie that retcons Myth 3 out of existance would be awesome.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

hell, i'd be pretty happy with just an hd remake of myth and myth 2 with an improved ui and snazzy graphics.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I think I'll get Gran Turismo 5 when it comes out. It should be fairly epic, they've been working on it forever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v3aCp899F8...player_embedded

And Gizmo... Why would you want Myth4 given Myth 3 was HORRIBLE? Well, then again, Myth 4 by Bungie that retcons Myth 3 out of existance would be awesome.

Mr. Butler is a professional driver on a closed course.

Ahh, I love that man.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Gran Turismo 5 would be awesome if it didnt require me to buy a damn Playstation. But atleast you can use a good wheel with that, I spent a gazillion on a Logitech G25 only to find out that the 360 is intentionally incompatible with anything except Microsofts own plastic piece of crap wheel that doesnt even have a gear lever.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Is the PS3's blue ray as bad as the fat PS2's DVD or is it better?

I haven't compared it to any other blu-ray players. But I don't remember having trouble with dvd's on the PS2, either. It seems to work very well, I use it for regular DVD's all the time and it is as good as any player on the market.

PS3 is much better than PS2 in terms of movie playing... and is in general a better system than the Box.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

import?

i dunno I'm spoiled living in the US when it comes to that kind of stuff.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

import?

i dunno I'm spoiled living in the US when it comes to that kind of stuff.

There's no feasible way considering the postage and the import tax.

Traders here have caught on as well, considering that the price of the PS3 is dropping constantly. The sales are probably horrible.

Everyone buys the Xbox360 (because it can be cracked most likely), but I dont see the point of owning it considering everything of worth is ported to the PC. The few exclusives aren't worth my money.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

That's actually one of the key reasons I've never gotten bitten by the console bug.

The games are usually about

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The PS3 routinely wins all (non-bought o:)) blu-ray player comparisons in all fields except power consumption (probably even with the current rev) and dvd upscaling. It has enough oomph to need more power than the system-on-a-chip competitors, but because it uses just software upscaling, it's never really going to be able to compete with players costing several times more and having ultra high-end deinterlacing chips (like Anchor Bay or Realta HQV). It has exceptionally short load times (especially some of the older players can apparently be rather painful, taking minutes to load movies) and Sony has so far been pretty diligent in adding everything they can to it as the tech progresses (all lossless formats, even the 3D crap if you're into that sort of thing).

S'Yeah, the only possible challenger to it as a BD-player could be the Oppo player, but I don't know if it's even out, I haven't seen any reviews for it. Denon &co. might also have something comparable, but it's probably going to be in the 5x-10x price bracket...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Perhaps its due to my SCART cables. My DVD player always had better playback quality than my PS2. Plus the PS2 doesn't always read everything I pop in it.

I am using Component Cable for my PS2 and the DVD output and game output is very nice... with the exception of Final Fantasy XII, which has some sort of bug, which actually downscales the video cutscenes compared to SCART output... have not find that kind of bug in any other game i own...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Back in the day I used PS2 for DVD movies. My TV was old 4:3 CRT which couldn't change aspect ratio, and neither could PS2. Since pretty much all video was and is widescreen, the resulting picture was pretty funnily stretched. Peoples heads were about 1/3 longer than normally.

I do fear technical issues, but I really have liked everything I have seen so far. I have a feeling this will not be a "meh game". It's probably going to be love or hate.

can't tell much without spoiling anything, but TW2 is essentially a big dungeon crawler. quest-givers exist only to make the player explore entire locations. it's basically a hack/slash game. reminds me of Diablo sometimes. it's a mix and mash of every big RPG released in the last couple of years. Oblivion+Witcher+Fable-thing abomination.

there's no C&C or dialogue choices. most quests (95%) have only one possible solution.

the combat is brutal, though. melee combat is very unforgiving. I found a glitch which made me practically invincible, but without it I stick to ranged weapons, because it's the only way to avoid getting killed every few minutes. ranged combat made the game pretty interesting actually, thanks to traps/decoys/dungeons' layout.

personally I like the game, but that's because I approach it not as an PRG but a slasher (which it is). I'm on chapter 3 now, and the story still sucks. the only really good thing about it are visuals, graphics and level design. the interface and most quests are atrocious.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Melee combat in TW2 is cake. Just max out Defensive stance & Retribution and all you have to do is just block & counterattack to beat everything. I killed the cyclops without losing health. I also tried archery a bit in the beginning of the game but found it too annoying to be useful.

Dying isn't even possible since you can always pause the game by opening the inventory and craft thousands of health & endurance potions.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.