Games you are looking forward to.

Darque

At the moment I'm somewhat tempted by the upcoming Civ V.. after the amount of hours/days/weeks that I know I've lost to the Civ series over the last decade+ there's always that curiousity to see what the next iteration will bring.

Tron Evolution... I'm excited because I'm a Tron-Geek and I want to see what they've done to it .. but all of the game-demo's I've seen so far have looked a little messy rather then smooth demonstrations so I can't make up my mind on it...

On the far side of the year.. Deus Ex HR, now that's on definite pre-order.

And of course I'm having that side-bet for how long before it's anounced that Rockstar will do the pc version of Red Dead Redemption.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

i loved dead rising and didnt think there were any problems with levelling up or the save system, the only thing i didnt like about it was that ****ing jeep in the courtyard that NEVER stayed dead

and the zombie clown...

**** that clown

Leveling was fine, but the save system was broken for a game where success wasn't based on skill with broken controls, but luck, and exploits.

Heh... Zombie clown in my opinion isn't the worst of it.

For all it's positive elements, its full of negatives. I hope that capcom has fixed it in DR 2, but I doubt it... I've hated every minute of it because I'm fighting the controls, and bad AI, opposed to playing the game.

It wouldn't be hard to take the DR formula, and make a better game, its fundementally broken on so many levels.

I'm shocked that there is so much love for it also... But hey RPG fan's do have an amazing tolerance for badly designed games, because they focus on the good despite the negatives.

:down: Dead rising makes me cry... SO. MUCH. POTENTIAL!

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

i loved dead rising and didnt think there were any problems with levelling up or the save system, the only thing i didnt like about it was that ****ing jeep in the courtyard that NEVER stayed dead

and the zombie clown...

**** that clown

Leveling was fine, but the save system was broken for a game where success wasn't based on skill with broken controls, but luck, and exploits.

For all it's positive elements, its full of negatives. I hope that capcom has fixed it in DR 2, but I doubt it... I've hated every minute of it because I'm fighting the controls, and bad AI, opposed to playing the game.

It wouldn't be hard to take the DR formula, and make a better game, its fundementally broken on so many levels.

I'm shocked that there is so much love for it also... But hey RPG fan's do have an amazing tolerance for badly designed games, because they focus on the good despite the negatives.

i dont remember the controls having anything wrong with them, and what was wrong with the save system? if you failed you just restart and you keep all your experience from your last attempt so you didnt really lose anything, i know i restarted about 4 times before i finally had enough levels to handle the tougher parts of the game. for something so "broken" it seemed to have no real problems for me, nor for most/many people. I can understand not LIKING the save system, but saying its "broken" is being purposefully ignorant of reality.

EDIT: i should preface that i bought the game for 9$ and loved it. I might feel different had I paid $60 for it.

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

and the zombie clown...

**** that clown

i dont remember the controls having anything wrong with them, and what was wrong with the save system? if you failed you just restart and you keep all your experience from your last attempt so you didnt really lose anything, i know i restarted about 4 times before i finally had enough levels to handle the tougher parts of the game. for something so "broken" it seemed to have no real problems for me, nor for most/many people. I can understand not LIKING the save system, but saying its "broken" is being purposefully ignorant of reality.

EDIT: i should preface that i bought the game for 9$ and loved it. I might feel different had I paid $60 for it.

In terms of progression, yes the save system isn't good, not only do I have to beat the psycho I then have to make it to a save point, I felt that broke the flow of the game, considering that alot of the time the AI was unfairly stacked against the player, I certainly recall using lame gliches (getting psycho's stuck on the collision mesh) to beat one or two of them.

Sure if you failed you could reload, that's fair enough, but I don't recall any restart option, I certainly haven't seen it and as the entire story is delivered within a time frame its also possible to screw yourself by not having enough time left to actually achieve a win result, the main reason why the progression and save system is broken, you can nerf your entire game, meaning that either you don't complete the story, or you start a new game.

So you can say I'm ignorant, this isn't the case, Dead Rising is a game which has been studied in depth by a large majority of the dev studio I work for as reference for an earlier project, we had to play it, we had to rip it apart, something tells me you had a positive experience with the game but you haven't played it in a long time else you would have been aware of these flaws.

The controls aren't great, I think they feel clunky, and being unable to move and aim a gun is just stupid, yeah I loved the fact that you end up aiming and all of a sudden you go from using the right stick to using the left stick, that's the least of its problems mind, just the one that sprung to mind.

Also, I believe the game was almost unplayable in standard definition because it made the text, which most mission are delivered by, are unreadable.

Whilst I admit, I'm critical of the title, it does alot well, the whole running around slaying zombies is so well done that if they'd actually focused on getting everything else slick and smooth, this game would a true classic, opposed to an average game.

That said, if these issues didn't really effect you, and you got the game cheap, well... Who am I to tell you what's fun, but that game was definately flawed, unpolished in terms of design, and broken because of bad mechanics. I would actually go so far as to say it can be seen as a lesson in what doesn't work.

Going to need a new arrow from that quiver, soon.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Gorth - a Hater since 1966 and proud of it :grin:

Moderately interested in Fallout: New Veges.

I would have loved to be looking forward to the new Tombraider game, but I took one look at the trailer, scratched my head and went "WTF?"

Am looking forward to Victoria II and Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

^Huh is there any official announcement except for a random poster?

In other news, i am still looking forward to Witcher 2 and Civ V.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I would have loved to be looking forward to the new Tombraider game, but I took one look at the trailer, scratched my head and went "WTF?"

The new Lara Croft game? I have to say, its excellent!

You serious?...

It looks like a Diablo clone :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

You serious?...

Looks pretty good to me.

It's not really ''that'' similar to a Diablo clone. There is less of an emphasis on combat and more on traps and adventuring. But yeah, the style is similar. And it seems like a good game from what I've seen of it (the demo). I didn't like some details (like the TNT barrels in an old, godforsaken, temple) but overall it seems to be the most solid entry of the series in years.

You serious?...

I wouldn't say its a Diablo clone, but if you could mash Diablo and Tomb Raider togeather, you'd get the new Lara Croft game.

Give the demo a shot, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised, for the price its worth it if you have someone to play Co-op with :)

^Huh is there any official announcement except for a random poster?

well, that particular one isn't coming out in America, but Samurai Heroes is coming for the ps3.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Crystal Dynamics hasn't made one single Tomb Raider game I really liked. Better outsource the franchise to some other competent developer and let make CD Legacy of Kain games again. I'm longing for a Blood Omen 3!

Not gonna happen anytime soon. Defiance didn't sell well so Edios or SquEnix doesn't really have any interest in it at the moment, important staff either left ( Amy Hennig - the writer/director) or died ( Kyle Mannerberg ), as did the Elder god Tony Jay :/. The best you'll get are the easter eggs in Tomb Raider games.

<h1 id="firstHeading" class="firstHeading"></h1>

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Gorth - a Hater since 1966 and proud of it :banghead:

You serious?...

It looks like a Diablo clone =]

I wouldn't say its a Diablo clone, but if you could mash Diablo and Tomb Raider togeather, you'd get the new Lara Croft game.

Give the demo a shot, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised, for the price its worth it if you have someone to play Co-op with :)

If there is a demo, I'll try it.

Diablo was probably the wrong comparison, it was the first thing that sprang to mind to describe mindnumbing combat against endless enemies and loot gathering. Visually, it actually reminded me a bit of what little we've seen of Dungeon Siege III so far. Blame it on my age, but Tombraider and Tombraider II still stands out in my mind as "The Tombraider Games", because the focus wasn't action, but exploration. It wasn true sandbox games, but the levels were effin huge for its time and you were rewarded for exploring it. Lara Croft was as much the super elite force, all slaying soldier that Indiana Jones was (i.e. not).

Besides, I don't really have time for co-op games unfortunately, so that isn't a selling point :)