What are you playing now?

Gorth

Why would you need the sender's address?

Maybe he wants to send 10 000 000 dollars to the person who passes the game on to him. Just need the address and some bank details first...

They've been really hammering my mailbox this week. :shifty:

On topic: Beat Heavy Rain for the first time. Was good in a "different" kind of way. I know consider Jacqui Ainsley to be perfection incarnate. Or at least it's a tough fight between her and Yvonne Strahovsky. ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Beat Heavy Rain today. I can recommend. And am alternating between a newly arrived DVD copy of Planescape Torment and Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

(I actually posted the answer earlier but my nice mod status makes sure a reply is always a page late)
The mystery has been solved at last!

What mystery?

Why your posts keep popping up in random places.

Yeah I'll have to go to Hungary or something (are your games localized or english editions?)
English mostly.Usually noname (and "noname") and EA games get the localization treatment. 5,350 HuF are a bit more (the double) than what Torment should cost tho. :shifty:

Finnish names give me nightmares.

Hungarian names give me manic-depressive episodes.

(I actually posted the answer earlier but my nice mod status makes sure a reply is always a page late)

What mystery?

Thats because Boo behaved badly in Way Off-Topic and now his posts has to go trough mods (?)

The names of finnish people who live in New Vegas give me Alzheimer, kleptomania and a 3rd degree sunburn.

What mystery?

Thats because Boo behaved badly in Way Off-Topic and now his posts has to go trough mods (?)

What did the bad Boo doo?

The names of finnish people who live in New Vegas give me Alzheimer, kleptomania and a 3rd degree sunburn.

The names of hungarian people who live in Alpha Protocol-less Void give me leprosy, elephantiasis of the scrotum and a twitching eye.

What did the bad Boo doo?

Went a little overboard with his opinions I guess.

:biggrin:

Bad hamster! Bad!

Edited by Slinky

I got Far Cry 2 from the bargain bin. Pretty great level design on some of the missions. Stealth hard to pull off, your enemies are usually better at it than you, which makes it satisfying.

On the downside, when you have shot the same guard your 101th time past the same checkpoint you realise that finishing the game would not really entail anything new. I got about 10 hours out of it.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I never could bring myself to finish the first Far Cry.. I think I got about 6 hours out of it.. then stopped playing for some reason and never got the ooomph to get back into it. Pretty graphics, but no real pazzow factor in the storyline or gameplay to keep me going..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Fable II. So ...marriage is a real drag. But what to do, I can't risk divorce and have her take half my precious gold. And I'm a saint, I can't be seen to kill her myself either. The only option, a romantic walk through The Hobbe Cave. What happens inside dies with me ...and the Hobbes that'll club her and eat her bones.

Edited by Tel Aviv

I got Far Cry 2 from the bargain bin. Pretty great level design on some of the missions. Stealth hard to pull off, your enemies are usually better at it than you, which makes it satisfying.

On the downside, when you have shot the same guard your 101th time past the same checkpoint you realise that finishing the game would not really entail anything new. I got about 10 hours out of it.

It's worth it just for the healing animations.

Fable II. So ...marriage is a real drag. But what to do, I can't risk divorce and have her take half my precious gold. And I'm a saint, I can't be seen to kill her myself either. The only option, a romantic walk through The Hobbe Cave. What happens inside dies with me ...and the Hobbes that'll club her and eat her bones.

Hobbes are nothing. Its the Calvins you have to worry about.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth.
How is it?

Only on the second case. With the first case following the tradition of being part-tutorial. It's coming across well so far.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It's worth it just for the healing animations.

Starting wildfires to flush out the enemy is pretty fun too. The checkpoints are a real chore though, clear one out, come back 30 seconds later and its fully manned again, and there is one around every bend in the road. Why they didn't put in a cooldown period after you took one out is beyond me.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Playing A Farewell to Dragons - russian RPG, party based, tons of statistics, real time with pause combat - vaguely tries to copy Arcanum (as in its steampunk - kinda).

Sometimes I'm reminded how horrible reviewing games can be. Crap graphics, crap level design, crap sound, broken dialogue, I've no idea what the story is about or who the hell the characters are two hours into the game. :ermm:

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

You can always, you know, not review them...

What's with the Dragon-fest lately? We have Dragon Age, Ego Draconis, A Farewell to Dragons. Can't they die along with elves and dwarves?

The fantasy genre keeps taking one step forward and two steps back.

Edited by Purkake

Fired up some Civ4:BTS yesterday. Decided to go with the "Terra" map script, which sets up the world with 2 main continents and all the Civs starting out on the larger one. It's not my favorite map type-- a little too favorable to the human player, who is the only one with the meta-knowledge to rush to Optics and Astronomy to colonize the New World-- but I felt like playing a game where you're packed in tight with your rivals. And I am a little out-of-practice, so playing on a favorable map type should balance that out without having to drop down from my normal Monarch difficulty level.

"Random Leader" gave me Franklin Roosevelt, and the map put a lot of forests around my capital and Gandhi a short way off to the NW-- ideal for an early rush if I can secure Copper or Horses. Copper was a whiff, so I took a gamble and worked on cranking out Workers and a Barracks while researching Animal Husbandry. That paid off: a Horse resource popped up within Washington's workable area. As soon as I had The Wheel to get a road over to it, I had 3 Workers chopping all those forests into Barracks-boosted Chariots. Gandhi still hadn't adopted Slavery, which meant that he couldn't rush-build extra defenders, and that he didn't have the tech to find Copper with which to make Spearmen. I overbuilt my force a bit (10 Chariots), and easily rolled over the 3 Archers he had defending his 2 cities. (He had a 4th Archer in the wild, but Delhi fell before it could threaten Washington.) I razed Bombay and kept Delhi, which was the Buddhist Holy City. (Another nice benefit-- Gandhi was the only Buddhist, and most of the civs he had contacted were already Hindu or Jewish, so they all disliked him enough that I didn't get any "You declared War on our friend" diplomatic demerits.)

A stack of 7-10 Axemen or Chariots is by far the best Wonder of the World you can build in the Ancient Age. :ermm:

The problem now is that my nearest neighbor is Julius Caesar. That means about 1000 years of diplomatic ass-kissing to keep his Prats pointed in a different direction. Still, the elimination of Gandhi does give us both plenty of room to expand peacefully, and the AI usually doesn't gear up for war until it has run out of room to send settlers to.