What are you playing now?

Gorth

Fired up Stalker: Call of Pripyat. First impressions in order they came:

1. The spoken dialog didn't have much in common with the written subtitles in the intro cinematic

2. The game looks horrible, but I don't care. I'm far from those "What! The game doesn't support AA! Waah Waah!" type of guys.

3. VO is REALLY loud, so I went to options and found no slider for VO, just for general SFX. So I lovered that to prevent VO from making me deaf. Result: VO is ok, but now I can barely hear other sounds.

Not a perfect start, but I'm sure I will love the game :brows:

2. The game looks horrible, but I don't care. I'm far from those "What! The game doesn't support AA! Waah Waah!" type of guys.

The appearance of the game depends heavily on the time of day and weather effects. Sometimes its depressing and ugly, sometimes its wonderful.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

1. The spoken dialog didn't have much in common with the written subtitles in the intro cinematic

3. VO is REALLY loud, so I went to options and found no slider for VO, just for general SFX. So I lovered that to prevent VO from making me deaf. Result: VO is ok, but now I can barely hear other sounds.

Not a perfect start, but I'm sure I will love the game :brows:

These were my EXACT same impressions the first time I tried to have sex. Ah, nostalgia...

manthing2.jpg

The appearance of the game depends heavily on the time of day and weather effects. Sometimes its depressing and ugly, sometimes its wonderful.

Yeah, the weather saves a lot. I wouldn't say no to better textures though.

Does your posts go through some jungle of filters before they appear here or what? Atleast here and in the DA topic your post just appeared out of nowhere, like 45 min later you actually posted them?

These were my EXACT same impressions the first time I tried to have sex. Ah, nostalgia...

Really, mine was "Damn, I shouldn't have drank that last tequila" :brows:

Fired up Baldur's Gate for the heck of it, while waiting for the new Drakensang.

Maybe I've played Dragon Age too much, but trotting back to Temples to resurrect that useless jerk Khalid, sucks. And of course the first thing he then says is "I-I-I am sorry, but we really should get to the N-Nashkel M-m-mines." Sheesh. Can't wait to replace the crazy couple with Minsc & Dynaheir.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

On Call of Pripyat.

Ventured off into an area past the first boat/tanker. A monster came by. It vulched around me, phasing in and out of sight. It grapples me several times and makes brain-sucking noises. I see read.

Game over.

Schweeeeeet.

On Call of Pripyat.

Ventured off into an area past the first boat/tanker. A monster came by. It vulched around me, phasing in and out of sight. It grapples me several times and makes brain-sucking noises. I see read.

Game over.

Schweeeeeet.

Keep your back against a wall to prevent that grapple attack. Failing that run after it when it runs past you. Most of all learn to spot it before it spots you. Avoid.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Yeah, the weather saves a lot. I wouldn't say no to better textures though.

Does your posts go through some jungle of filters before they appear here or what? Atleast here and in the DA topic your post just appeared out of nowhere, like 45 min later you actually posted them?

My account is in mod status because of raising hell on the way off topic subforum:lol:

logosig2.jpg

The new Aliens vs. Predator on PC.

You can't crouch.

You can't lean.

As an Alien you manually place Face-Huggers on people's faces.

Anisotropic Filtering is forced and there's no way to deactivate Motion Blur.

That is all.

No, that is not all, I'm afraid.

You forgot to mention the forced, untoggleable mouse acceleration. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I play using *SHOCK!!!* keyboard and mouse. Why do I have to have gamepad control aids forced on me?!

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

regarding the avp devs:

well they did make rogue warrior.... avp can hardly be expected to be anything but a pos once that little fact came to light imo

told you so!

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Arrived in Baldur's Gate in my first re-play of BG1 in nearly a decade.. Not sure if any of the Tales of the Sword Coast stuff is worth the bother... Of course, I've got to run through and then work on BG2 and Throne of Bhaal as well..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The new Aliens vs. Predator on PC.

You can't crouch.

You can't lean.

As an Alien you manually place Face-Huggers on people's faces.

Anisotropic Filtering is forced and there's no way to deactivate Motion Blur.

That is all.

No, that is not all, I'm afraid.

You forgot to mention the forced, untoggleable mouse acceleration. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I play using *SHOCK!!!* keyboard and mouse. Why do I have to have gamepad control aids forced on me?!

Well, you're right. That's not all.

At one point in the Marine campaign, you're trudging through a temple. A Marine leading the way is grabbed by an Alien. I immediately open fire on the xeno... Only to find it's been made intagible for purposes of "creating suspense". Likewise at one point you're being dragged by an Alien and your grunt automatically fires a couple of pistol rounds into it. Nevermind that it could be made interactive (think Dead Space's tentacles around the ship), he automatically takes down an Alien with weapon skill he never manifests anywhere else in the game.

As an Alien, you have to center your aim towards a gap, hole or crawl space such as ceiling vents, then press a button, then be allowed to enter it. Which takes around 2 or 3 seconds, ample time for a Marine in pursuit to blow your acidic brains. Compare to AvP in 1999 where every access point in a level - crawl spaces, holes, ventilation shafts - could be entered immediately and without having to train your sights into them.

I'm afraid of finding out more, actually, and between the terrible audio logs ("Tequiiilllla!") and pointless fluff like harvesting humans with Face-Huggers (a non-interactive sequence about 5 or 7 seconds long - a sequence where you can be shot at and not even have the dignity to retaliate or escape, apparently, much like what happens when entering crawl spaces - which has no bearing on the game itself, since it's all about level scores and achievements), I'm not sure I want to.

finally got back round to continuing my game of NWN2

had only just gotten to Neverwinter. Now i'm on chapter 2 and i gotta say i'm bloody sick of the city watch

defeating a guild of thieves, tribes of orcs, etc just to be allowed into a certain portion of the city, and by the time you can actually go to that damn area, it's open to everyone again :lol:

also, i want to kill Neeshka and Grobnar

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Heavy Rain.

This suck grabs you by the painful bits and drags you through it. Controls take a bit of getting used to (at least movement wise) but it does have some AWESOME cutscenes. So far I played for about 2:30 (1:30 of those I found after a "HOLY CRAP! IT'S THAT LATE!?" moment) and met three out of the four characters. The character who seems to be playing Marcus from Indigo Prophesy is Mr. Mars, the prologue (which teaches you how to play) shows his family life that led up to an accident where one of his kids died because he couldn't keep track of the kid after buying something.

Then we have a private detective hired by the victims of the oragami killer's families to find the guy, so the only bits I've played of him have been going to parents of victims and asking for information.

Then there's the FBI agent, who has quite possibly one of the coolest pieces of tech I've seen thus far implimented in his ARI toy. It's basically a pair of projection glasses that link with a glove. You remember the movie minority report? With the doohicky that they used to scroll through a persons future crime? (checks youtube)

It's basically that, only portable. At a crime scene he uses it to check for evidence (trace evidence) and in the cops office he uses it to pass the time (bouncing an invisible baseball off an invisible wall while cops look on saying "WTF!?"), and then to go over the case files in an empty room with a holographic environment.

The third character who I haven't met is the Journalist, she's the fairly famous one from trailers and controversy because it's her breasts that will fill the screen.

Controls are a bit better than in indigo. At least the PC version of indigo, not really sure about PS2, but the game does use SIXAXIS quite a bit (sometimes a fight has you throw a punch by rapidly moving the controller one way or another. And you dry off your characters after they get out of the shower by shaking it). There is also a persistence on the character models, FBI agent falls down a mud hill? His pants are COATED in mud when he gets back to the station to analyze things.

And graphics are the best I've seen. Particularly the faces (you'll see a LOT of closeups of faces because basically the loading screen is the character you're about to plays face), but also it's pretty easy to see the characters muscle structure underneath their skin when they need to strip down for any reason (there are two shower scenes that I know of, one male, one female. Plus the scene in the nightclub.)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Thief: Deadly Shadows until it CtD' on me just after I finished the first mission, the non-tutorial one that is.

Guess I'll try running Thief: Gold on Win 7 as I've never played it before (only a small part of II).

Edited by Syraxis

demons souls.

i beat 1-1 only dying 4 times.

am i just that good, does the game get way harder, or is the difficulty just over-exaggerated? call of duty 4 on the extreme difficulty was WAY WAY harder (i probably died 4 times per checkpoint ...)

so far it's awesome though, spear and shield seem to be a great combo since you can block and jab simultaneously, also i think i got a really lucky drop when a random skeleton monster dropped a winged spear in 1-1.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Just started to play 1st Drakensang game, it's pretty nice game, just my PC is to old :o

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

The Longest Journey, then it's Gabriel Knight 2.

King's Bounty is $10 and keeps tempting me, but I've already been spending...