Mass Effect 2 Discussion

Pidesco

Honestly I think that infiltrator might actually be one of the better classes this game due to the incinerate ability and it's sheer power. A tracking power that wipes out armor? yes please! (when I was running around at the end I was killing harbinger avatars or with two sniper bullets and an incin)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

"You need resources for upgrades."

100% optional.

yes, and as the planet scanning is optional, it is perfectly acceptable for such a feature to be repetitive, tedious, and uninspired. heck, the loyalty missions is optional too... am surprised the biowarians put any effort into them at all as the status of such material as optional relegates such stuff to relative non-importance.

'course vol mighta' been simply talking nonsense... again.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Does anyone have a video/screenshot of this infamous split-second glimpse I keep hearing about? It sounds like it probably just a bug, no?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ioslNR0WiI

Between 1:47 and 1:50.

0_o

edit:

RE mining: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9cdUsHa4qc#t=4m07s

Funny how a nearly 20 year old game can have a better gameplay solution for the same design idea...

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Does anyone have a video/screenshot of this infamous split-second glimpse I keep hearing about? It sounds like it probably just a bug, no?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ioslNR0WiI

Between 1:47 and 1:50.

0_o

edit:

RE mining: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9cdUsHa4qc#t=4m07s

Funny how a nearly 20 year old game can have a better gameplay solution for the same design idea...

Ah, the grand-daddy of all space games. :lol:

manthing2.jpg

Honestly I think that infiltrator might actually be one of the better classes this game due to the incinerate ability and it's sheer power. A tracking power that wipes out armor? yes please! (when I was running around at the end I was killing harbinger avatars or with two sniper bullets and an incin)

Hey Calax, what difficulty were you playing at? Also, what rifle were you using?

manthing2.jpg

"yes, and as the planet scanning is optional, it is perfectly acceptable for such a feature to be repetitive, tedious, and uninspired. heck, the loyalty missions is optional too... am surprised the biowarians put any effort into them at all as the status of such material as optional relegates such stuff to relative non-importance.

'course vol mighta' been simply talking nonsense... again."

Not everyone hates the mining.

Repetive: Like the combat? The dialogue? ALL games are repetive. poor argument.

Tedius? Nah. tedius assumes you go out of your way to do it for 5 hour straight.

Uninspired: Not as unispired as the dumbed down combat and character system is.

Out of the list of thinsg to whine over ME2 about, the solid planet scanning is right near the bottom. L0LZ

Now, then dumbed down combat and characetr system is a different story and you can'ty avoid that at all.

Planet scamming is a nice pattern when you just want to relax inbetween missions or having to play peek-a-boo.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Hey Calax, what difficulty were you playing at? Also, what rifle were you using?

it was on medium I admit (or nomral or whatever) and the weapon I was using was a sniper you get for effectively prestiege class (instead of getting either AR or shotgun proficiency). Does extra damage to synthetics.

That said, I just went onto youtube and found out something... WTF TRINITY PLAYED ARIA!?

it was on medium I admit (or nomral or whatever) and the weapon I was using was a sniper you get for effectively prestiege class (instead of getting either AR or shotgun proficiency). Does extra damage to synthetics.

That said, I just went onto youtube and found out something... WTF TRINITY PLAYED ARIA!?

I know, right?

I am definitely trying that sniper as soon as I can. The assault rifle or the shotgun you can get just don't seem good enough.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I know, right?

I am definitely trying that sniper as soon as I can. The assault rifle or the shotgun you can get just don't seem good enough.

It's slightly more powerful than the basic one on most stuff but it's MURDEROUS on tech enemies.

Don't you think Aria looked like her? Seriously is she was an Asari, that's what she would look like. I wonder if they face scanned her.

Ask Maria. :)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Don't you think Aria looked like her? Seriously is she was an Asari, that's what she would look like. I wonder if they face scanned her.

Ask Maria. :p

I'm guessing I missed something. :)

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

I just spend a while collecting info about all the N7 missions, if you want to play them without looking through every damn planet in the galaxy.

N7missions.txt

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I just spend a while collecting info about all the N7 missions, if you want to play them without looking through every damn planet in the galaxy.

N7missions.txt

Many thanks brother kaft. I scanned around 50 planets on my first playthrough and only discovered 2 missions. :)

You don't need to scan planets to find the missions. Simply visit a planet and if there is a mission to find EDI will immediately say 'anomaly detected'. Once I had upgraded everything I simply visited a planet and immediately left so I could unlock 100% and check if there were any extra side missions.

N7missions.txt

Twelve... well I didn't miss a single one. Is there a list of the few side quests/fetch quests from the populated areas?

You don't need to scan planets to find the missions. Simply visit a planet and if there is a mission to find EDI will immediately say 'anomaly detected'. Once I had upgraded everything I simply visited a planet and immediately left so I could unlock 100% and check if there were any extra side missions.

Yeah, that's right. I did the same.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Is there a list of the few side quests/fetch quests from the populated areas?
http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Assignments ?

Aww did all of those as well :)

ME2 actually has less quests than ME. :p

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life