Mass Effect 2 Discussion

Pidesco

regardless, when we hear that folks is killing a majority o' foes with sniper, we wonders which version o' the weapon they is using: incisor, viper or widow?

HA! Good Fun!

Incisior until i got Widow. And after i got Widow i used in combo with SMG + those ammo mods that NPC loyalty provides.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I find I'm using the Sniper rifle 75% of the time. Combined with Adrenaline Rush, everything gets murdered. The rest of the time I was using the Vindicator battle rifle - also deadly accurate, even on long range. That's why the Revenant is a disappointment. Maybe I'll have to buy that accuracy upgrade on Tuchanka for it.

Preaching to the choir brother. :thumbsup: Not to disappoint you, but the vindicator is the most accurate rifle.

BTW anyone knows when the expansion is coming?

Does the Vindicator do more damage than the Collector Assault Rifle?

manthing2.jpg

"Is ME2 an RPG?"

It's an RPG in about the same way Deus Ex was. Not much more.

Also I laugh at your puny Vindicator and Collector Rifles. Real men use the Geth Pulse Rifle.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I find I'm using the Sniper rifle 75% of the time. Combined with Adrenaline Rush, everything gets murdered. The rest of the time I was using the Vindicator battle rifle - also deadly accurate, even on long range. That's why the Revenant is a disappointment. Maybe I'll have to buy that accuracy upgrade on Tuchanka for it.

Preaching to the choir brother. :thumbsup: Not to disappoint you, but the vindicator is the most accurate rifle.

If the stats I found were correct, the Vindicator does about twice as much damage per bullet than the Collector Rifle does.

Hell Kitty:

In the room with Tali on her recruitment mission. Should be sitting on the floor by one of the dead Geth. Only available on Hardcore and higher IIRC.

Edited by Deraldin

If the stats I found were correct, the Vindicator does about twice as much damage per bullet than the Collector Rifle does.

Hell Kitty:

In the room with Tali on her recruitment mission. Should be sitting on the floor by one of the dead Geth. Only available on Hardcore and higher IIRC.

The problem with the Vindicator is it has almost no ammo. I prefer having a full auto, slightly less powerful rifle simply because it means I won't run out of ammo and have to risk running out to get the heat sinks. You just can't do that when playing on Insanity.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

The problem with the Vindicator is it has almost no ammo. I prefer having a full auto, slightly less powerful rifle simply because it means I won't run out of ammo and have to risk running out to get the heat sinks. You just can't do that when playing on Insanity.

Agreed. It's a damn good gun, but the lack of ammo is a pretty big drawback. I haven't had the opportunity to use it on Insanity yet, but it does the job fairly well on Hardcore. I'll need to run through with it again to test out some things, but at least with Sniper Rifles, I've found it's not so much the ammo capacity that kills it's use, but how much ammo each clip you pick up returns. Most of the time it's 1 shot/clip which just isn't enough.

Hell Kitty:

Collector Assault Rifle works best IMO. Just point, and hold down the trigger. They'll be dead in a jify. No need to worry about bursting, clip size, accuracy, recoil, etc.

manthing2.jpg

Apparently Kelly is supposed to send you some sort of email at the end of the game. Didn't get any, weird. Already done two playthroughs at this point, feh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It all comes down to playing style, I prefer short accurate burst rather than long steady fire so the Vindicator is the rifle for me.

PS: the Collector rifle is just sooooo ugly.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I played a soldier first time around, and found the Revenant really useful. Powerful lots of ammo and I found that if you tap the mouse button, instead of holding it down, the accuracy is greatly improved. I used it to kill pretty much anything.

I really like the soldier, but will try an adept next time around.

Apparently Kelly is supposed to send you some sort of email at the end of the game. Didn't get any, weird. Already done two playthroughs at this point, feh.

Only if you ain't romancing nobody else and have taken her to dinner earlier. If you prefer the red-headed shrink (and I know I do), you just have to tell your current squeeze to take a hike and the e-mail'll show up.

Just save before, in case it's more complicated than that :thumbsup:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1067323p1.html

Ok, what exactly are they saying? I was previously under the impression that if you die during the end game it would be taken as an official ending and Shepard would either be replaced by a 'new guy' or perhaps cloned. This basically sounds like dying doesn't actually count as the 'true' ending in ME 2.

I'm disapointed... :thumbsup:

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

Ok, what exactly are they saying? I was previously under the impression that if you die during the end game it would be taken as an official ending at Shepard would either be replaced by a 'new guy' or perhaps cloned. This basically sounds like dying doesn't actually count as the 'true' ending in ME 2.

I'm disapointed... :thumbsup:

If you die, there is no end-game save, AFAIK. So that Shepard's story ends right there, with no sequel to it. That's been the official version the whole time, any reports to the contrary have clearly been wishful thinking (that I kind of share. But I guess replacing 'Shepard' with 'Verner' in the VOs would result in too many lines...) :bat:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Ok, what exactly are they saying? I was previously under the impression that if you die during the end game it would be taken as an official ending at Shepard would either be replaced by a 'new guy' or perhaps cloned. This basically sounds like dying doesn't actually count as the 'true' ending in ME 2.

I'm disapointed... :bat:

If you die, there is no end-game save, AFAIK. So that Shepard's story ends right there, with no sequel to it. That's been the official version the whole time, any reports to the contrary have clearly been wishful thinking (that I kind of share. But I guess replacing 'Shepard' with 'Verner' in the VOs would result in too many lines...) o:)

I liked the one suggestion of allowing you to import a dead Shepard save, but then immediately playing the "You have failed!" ending cutscene.

"All right! Time for ME3 with Conrad as the hero!"

"..."

"Reapers fall, everyone dies?" :thumbsup:

I don't like what they did to Tali. Why did she have to come with Combat Drone instead of Overload? That stupid orb usually floats for about 5 seconds before it gets destroyed.

Because there's none faster than Chikktika vas Paus!

Fastpaws.

I don't like what they did to Tali. Why did she have to come with Combat Drone instead of Overload? That stupid orb usually floats for about 5 seconds before it gets destroyed.

Upgrade it fully and grab the explosive variant then just keep spamming it. In fact, take Legion, Tali and an Engineer Shepard all with exploding drones. Distractions and damage!

Because there's none faster than Chikktika vas Paus!

Fastpaws.

Although your referential powers amaze me, good sir, I'm afraid the Quarians will disagree with your naming conventions.

manthing2.jpg

On another note, while Thane is the second most awesome character in the game (after Garrus), the romance isn't very well done. My FemShep was having a perfectly normal conversation with him, and suddenly an option "I want you, Thane" appeared out of thin air. Pretty hilarious.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

On another note, while Thane is the second most awesome character in the game (after Garrus), the romance isn't very well done. My FemShep was having a perfectly normal conversation with him, and suddenly an option "I want you, Thane" appeared out of thin air. Pretty hilarious.

Thane's just another emo drama-queen.

Mordin, Garrus, and Tali are my favorite ME2 characters. The latter two being my favorite ME1 characters as well.

manthing2.jpg

Well, Tali takes the crown for drama queen. Even more than in ME1.

I don't like speaking to Thane because of his annoying "visions" & metaphysical claptrap, but he rips through everything during missions. Teamed with Garrus, it's just silly.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.