Mass Effect 2 Discussion

Pidesco

Whoever wrote Mordin needs to be made lead writer for ME3.

am not certain about lead writer, but we will admit that mordin were our personal favorite character from me2.

am agreeing that much of me2 seeming shortcomings is probable due to fact that bioware is building up to me3... but am still seeing me2 lack of identifiable villain as a mistake. yeah, it would be foolish to go back to the saren well yet again, but with the revelation that the collectors is actual re-purposed

protheans,

we sees a wasted opportunity for a me2 villain. a collector general with some self-awareness of the origins of his race coulda' been interesting on multiple levels, no?

dunno. we woulda' done different. me2 and da:o are both examples o' games with climaxes that were somewhat anti-climactic... good games otherwise hobbled by a less than satisfying final battle with a foe that had 0 personality. after killing the archdemon, Gromnir says, "was that it?" had a similar reaction at end of me2. we played me2 for near 40 hours, only to find that nothing really happened in me2... were all just stage setting for me3? *snort* bad cess to those bioware writers who chose to lay foundations for me3 at the expense o' me2 story. is no rule that says a writer cannot set stage and entertain at same time.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

as for somebody suggesting that all the burnouts and psychos is typical or reasonable for a suicide mission, am gonna have to disagree. take a look at how special forces units is screened and recruited. stable family men is much preferred as having a life beyond the unit gives those guys something tangible to fight for, and a built-in support group to keeps 'em grounded.

psychotic but brilliant

v.

competent and stable

how much you trust the psycho to have your back? build an entire unit o' unstable and untrustworthy? that is indeed a recipe for a suicide mission.

drama is important. is understandable that bio chose to populate the new normandy with characters that were to face and overcome serious personal obstacles. such characters is Dramatic characters. drama is better than boring. even so, the number o' crew members who were having to deal with a potential suicide mission AND daddy/family issues or childhood traumas were staggering. Gromnir could recruit solely from ACoA members lists and chances are we wouldn't have been able to put together a more damaged bunch o' future effexor junkies if we tried.

HA! Good Fun!

Ah but the point is special forces groups , while willing to do the odd suicide mission, aren't designed for suicide missions. They're meant to do the mission and get out alive. Remaining capable of performing further missions. Unconventional warfare does not equal suicide missions..

and me2 weren't a true suicide mission neither as is evidenced by fact that it is possible to get out alive with entire crew intact. regardless, special forces groups is full aware that they may, at any time, be called upon to plan and execute what is likely to be a one-way mission. fact that the mission is probable one-way does not somehow diminish the need for sane and dependable squad-mates... it increases the need for such trust.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

If you have a case, make it. I can give ten reasons of the top of my head why BG deserves its status and ME doesn't, and not one of them has anything to do with which of the two games I prefer.

But since you don't have a case and just want to provoke a response, you might want to go to Volo and get your troll membership card first.

Why sould I make a case? Where is yours? But honestly you or I are never going to see eye to eye on this and quite simply it's not that important. I was just responding to your opinion with my own. If you don't like it too bad.

It's quite funny to be called a troll by you though Boo.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

So I never bought ME1 because of the copy protection and because I thought, after a 15-minute try, it was a pretty dull and railroaded compromise between RPG and FPS. I've been reading the Codex LPs of 1 & 2 though, and in fact the second game looks a bit more fun. They've completely gone for the cinematic action movie with a few choices route, and the game does better for it I think.

So what kind of DRM does it have now, is the combat fun if I found ME1 pretty dull, and is my impressions right? If so, I might pick it up later at the bargain bin.

"take away hair color and voice and nothing 'bout chakwas would suggest older than 20s. no crow's feet or lines on face to suggest age. no saggy bosom. is visually nothing that suggest age other hair color. "

Notyhing about the doc screams '20 somehting hottie'. Definitely not her face. hat is your defintion of a '20 soemthing hottie' as doc certainly doesn't fit mine. She seems to be in her 40s. A well fit 40+ eyar old who'd qualify as a 'MILF' but not some 20 soemthin' hottie.

"Wish I could have recruited Aria in place of Samara."

These two are pretty good. Should be able to recruit both. Jack, on the other hand, is one of the worst joinables ever. I'm still debating whether or not I should bother with her loyalty quest. I'll proabbly do it as not having her 'loyalty' would proabbly lead to someone I like dying. Cosmic justice and all that. L0L

"a collector general with some self-awareness of the origins of his race coulda' been interesting on multiple levels, no?"

Most definitely.

"is no rule that says a writer cannot set stage and entertain at same time. "

Ahh.. But, this is where you fail... as by your various posts you were obviously entertained by ME2, no?

"Spandex Chick, Angry Black Guy, Psycho Chick"

First twom are awesome. Third one I agree with. I like the 'ABG tm' because he seems the most normal of the lot and very liekly the least angry. HAHA! So much for stereotypes.

P.S. I just did the Collector Ship. Won't spoil things; but AWESOME. Best part of the game so far. No contest.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

vol is a goof.

"Notyhing about the doc screams '20 somehting hottie'."

you mean other than the youthful body and face?

*chuckle*

as for not being entertained and failing...

HA!

is like arguing with a chimp. sure, Gromnir will win such a battle of wits every single time, but we looks damn silly trying to have a serious discussion with a poop-hurling simian.

HA! Good Fun!

These two are pretty good. Should be able to recruit both. Jack, on the other hand, is one of the worst joinables ever. I'm still debating whether or not I should bother with her loyalty quest. I'll proabbly do it as not having her 'loyalty' would proabbly lead to someone I like dying. Cosmic justice and all that. L0L
I'm simply not impressed with Samara's concept... a glorified Space Paladin. That and, ahem, I hear she don't put out.

On the other hand, I really like the idea behind SuZe but she's badly written. A shame, because her VO is pretty good. Hopefully ME3 will make her a more credible character.

Not having her loyalty means she dies, not some other random chump.

SPECIAL SPAMMY TREAT:
Yeah, that looks real fun, until you have some idiot fly over a ledge, and survive. You can't kill it, you can't save, and sometimes you can't progress. And don't get me started on singularity having enemies clip through the floor and walls. Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Is it even possible to not recruit Jack? She's absolute scum as far as I'm concerned and deserves to rot on the prison ship where she belongs.

NB: My opinion of her may be heavily biased since she had nothing to say to me for the last half of my first playthrough except "F*ck Off!". :p

Edited by jaguars4ever
manthing2.jpg

^Yeah well, it's the over-the-top dark and edgy wannabe, which amounts to about 75% of her persona. The other 25% are emo scenes that fit badly and feel forced.

Nobody said that fleshing out a superpowered victim of child abuse should be easy...

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

You said it man. And to add insult to injury he won't share whatever he's on, even after you put up with all his crap! No fair. ;C

^And to rub the salt into the wounds, he shares his emo-trip secret with Yeoman Kelly Chambers. As if she's really been through a lot. Getting bubble-ified is no where as bad as dying, mkay? Besides, I'm supposed to boink her - she's my secretary! St00pid Secretary Kelly and her goddamn alien fetish. :p

manthing2.jpg

Is it even possible to not recruit Jack? She's absolute scum as far as I'm concerned and deserves to rot on the prison ship where she belongs.

NB: My opinion of her may be heavily biased since she had nothing to say to me for the last half of my first playthrough except "F*ck Off!". :p

This happened to me too. And it happened immediately AFTER I supposedly made peace with her, which makes me think it's a glitch or something.

Every time I walked all the way down there to see if she had anything new to say like everyone else on the ship did, and she just said **** OFF I wanted to shoot her in the face.

Edited by Aram

Jack stopped talking to my FemShep after asserting that she wasn't into girls. I can still start a conversation with her, but each time it's the same "I'm done talking". Maybe it depends how one wrapped up her loyalty quest.

I should've picked up Tali earlier. I did a lot of missions with her lately just to hear her say "Go for the optics!" when she summons her orb thingie.

Sadly yesterday my PC seemingly went to **** just as I was about to go fetch the IFF.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Tali's loyalty quest was cool. I was supposed to be playing Renegade, but just couldn't act like an ass in that case.

I have the impression that some of the dialogue between FemShep & Tali was reycled from MaleShep's 'romance' dialogue. Is it certain Tali isn't romancable for a FemShep? For instance, she talked about

connecting body suits, and then got all shy. Pretty awkward.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

good villains where oh where have you gone....

They just don't make them like they used to...

zorglub.jpg

Zorglub

blair.jpg

Tony Blair

zorglub.jpg

--

As for Bio's Villains:

Irenicus > Mephistopheles > Loghain > Sun Li > Bodhi > Sarevok > Saren > Malak > Death's Hand > Sovereign > Melissan > Morag > Huerodis > Archdemon > Harbinger > Bandon

Edited by jaguars4ever
manthing2.jpg