Mass Effect 2 Discussion

Pidesco

When will we get our dirty hands on that sweet thing? :)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The question is what the hell you're going to do with it, since it will only be available on missions tailored for it. Which if former DLC is anything to go by, will amount to 5 hours of gameplay by the time ME3 is released.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

I think I made a mistake in picking up the Revenant machine gun instead of a new Sniper rifle in the Collector ship. The Revenant couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Bah. Hopefully it gets better with some upgrades.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I found that taking additonal training instead, in my case assault rifle training, helped out - mostly with the added ammo of having another weapon in the inventory.

This.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I found that taking additonal training instead, in my case assault rifle training, helped out - mostly with the added ammo of having another weapon in the inventory.

eh, I always swapped between rifle, pistol, and smg. if I ran out of those my heavy weap and my incin would punch out enough damage to save me while my allies went nuts.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I find I'm using the Sniper rifle 75% of the time. Combined with Adrenaline Rush, everything gets murdered. The rest of the time I was using the Vindicator battle rifle - also deadly accurate, even on long range. That's why the Revenant is a disappointment. Maybe I'll have to buy that accuracy upgrade on Tuchanka for it.

I find I'm using the Sniper rifle 75% of the time. Combined with Adrenaline Rush, everything gets murdered. The rest of the time I was using the Vindicator battle rifle - also deadly accurate, even on long range. That's why the Revenant is a disappointment. Maybe I'll have to buy that accuracy upgrade on Tuchanka for it.

Preaching to the choir brother. :thumbsup: Not to disappoint you, but the vindicator is the most accurate rifle.

BTW anyone knows when the expansion is coming?

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Holy ****. Suddenly Samara sounds a lot deadlier.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Soundtrack to this game was pretty good, will have to see if there's a way I can rip it out from the game files.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Never found a reason to do that, the extraction process isn't that hard (hell for TA it was just ripping the CD :thumbsup: ). Surprised they sell them, though.

RPGmasterBoo, should be in your My Documents folder under Bioware/Mass Effect 2. In XP it is, I imagine it'll be the same in Vista/Win7.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

eh, I always swapped between rifle, pistol, and smg. if I ran out of those my heavy weap and my incin would punch out enough damage to save me while my allies went nuts.

My problem was choosing Vanguard and being able to use only pistol, smg and shotgun with the shotgun being useless due to short range and having to stay in cover. I practically had to choose the rifle training.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Never found a reason to do that, the extraction process isn't that hard (hell for TA it was just ripping the CD :thumbsup: ). Surprised they sell them, though.

RPGmasterBoo, should be in your My Documents folder under Bioware/Mass Effect 2. In XP it is, I imagine it'll be the same in Vista/Win7.

Oh no... In a supreme act of idiocy I appear to have deleted my lvl 30 character along with the game.

darth_vader_nooo.jpg

logosig2.jpg

which sniper rifle do you use? Gromnir typically brings along the widow for boss killing, but there wouldn't be enough ammo for killing 75% of enemies. played as an infiltrator and we used the heavy pistol most frequent. the smg is nice enough, but this game depends on cover, and we does far more damage with a single heavy pistol headshot than we does spraying a bunch o' smg ammo into a target. peek out from cover to take two shots for a kill is requiring us to be exposed less than does smg.

was kinda a no brainer for us when we had choice between assault rifle and the widow sniper rifle as we were building a sniper character, but am betting that we woulda' actual gotten more practical use from choice of assault rifle training. combined with heavy incinerate, the widow sniper makes relative short work of some of the more challenging me2 foes, such as scions, the end boss and those ymir mechs ( a single ymir mech is no problem, but we find that when we is faced with 2-3 in a single encounter they can be... troublesome). nevertheless, is relative few ymir, scions, and bosses.

regardless, when we hear that folks is killing a majority o' foes with sniper, we wonders which version o' the weapon they is using: incisor, viper or widow?

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Oh no... In a supreme act of idiocy I appear to have deleted my lvl 30 character along with the game.

You just deleted your Bioware folder in "My Documents" for no reason?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

You just deleted your Bioware folder in "My Documents" for no reason?

No, its empty for some reason.

I probably wasn't paying attention to the uninstaller and clicked something that shouldnt have been clicked.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

which sniper rifle do you use? Gromnir typically brings along the widow for boss killing, but there wouldn't be enough ammo for killing 75% of enemies. played as an infiltrator and we used the heavy pistol most frequent. the smg is nice enough, but this game depends on cover, and we does far more damage with a single heavy pistol headshot than we does spraying a bunch o' smg ammo into a target. peek out from cover to take two shots for a kill is requiring us to be exposed less than does smg.

I'm using the Viper (fully upgraded). With level 4 Adrenaline Rush I can simply queue up several headshots with relative impunity... it takes down everything really quick.

But still, the Vindicator battle rifle seemed to kill all mooks just as fast with one or two bursts directed at the head.

I think I made a mistake in picking up the Revenant machine gun instead of a new Sniper rifle in the Collector ship. The Revenant couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Bah. Hopefully it gets better with some upgrades.

I felt that way at first too. The aiming doesn't really get any better but it's great at medium to short ranges because of its high damage. Playing on insanity I was having a lot of trouble with YMIR mechs before I got this gun. I can see it not being very useful on other difficulties though.