Mass Effect 2 Discussion

Pidesco

Are there enough credits in the game to acquire all upgrades? I'm pretty sure I've done all N7 missions & named planet side-missions, but I'm about to get to IFF and Shepard's broke. Not sure whether there'll be more side-missions after IFF... highly doubt it.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Are there enough credits in the game to acquire all upgrades? I'm pretty sure I've done all N7 missions & named planet side-missions, but I'm about to get to IFF and Shepard's broke. Not sure whether there'll be more side-missions after IFF... highly doubt it.

There definitely is enough credits if you pick up the discounts and get the bonuses for long service. Not sure about non-imported, no discounts.

dunno. we didn't have all upgrades our first play-through. even so, we were pretty strapped for cash at end of the game... and that is with the big credit bonus we got for importing a level 57 me1 character with the rich achievement.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

You might find money lacking for the last two or three upgrades, like sniper +50% damage etc. But you should have everything else covered.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

I've acquired all armor/shield/omnitool upgrades & weapon upgrades, save for the last few shotgun upgrades.

I wish it would be possible to trade in resources for cash. I have more than 200,000 in everything (save element zero) with no use whatsoever.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I've acquired all armor/shield/omnitool upgrades & weapon upgrades, save for the last few shotgun upgrades.

I wish it would be possible to trade in resources for cash. I have more than 200,000 in everything (save element zero) with no use whatsoever.

yeah... without benefit o' meta-knowledge/hindsight, the player gots little notion as to how much resources will eventually be needed, so is making sense to let loose rapine and plunder 'pon unsuspecting planets 'cross the galaxy-- eventual end up with excess resources and surfeit credits. the whole economics and resource acquisition scheme is flawed. is no genuine strategy or intelligence involved. is no skill related to resource acquisition. so far, the best argument we has heard for planet harvesting in me2 is that it gives the player a break from frenzied gaming-- creates a relaxing interlude.

what? turn off xbox or pc if you wants a break from gaming. maybe talk with some of your party mates or shoot monkeys on the krogan planet. dunno, but if all the resource acquisition accomplishes is to give the player a "break" from the game, then something is serious wrong.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I don't mind the scanning minigame but trading the different eelemtns money only seems logical and odd that it wans't included. That would give it even more purpose.

They also could have had it that certain governemtns would not appreciate you heavily mining their systems and you would be fined or attacked, say, if you drained certain planets from rich all the way to poor. Heck, you can even mine the crap out of all the 'real world' planets around Earth. L0L I cna't remember if you can actively mine Earth itself. Wouldn't the human gov't/alliance have a problem with that? LOLZ

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I did feel pretty guilty whenever a planet hit the depleted mark. I'd feel better if these were resources that replenish over time or something. Ah well, it's not cheap to research new ammo carrying pockets on your armor, I guess.

Realistically, you are probably just scraping the surface area resources with your probes. They probably still have plenty underground. That makes me sleep better.

I drink your milkshake!

The solution to mining and money problem is very simple: Mod it!

Actually someone else did it, kind of like the missing link between mod and trainer but it works great.

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Actually someone else did it, kind of like the missing link between mod and trainer but it works great.

I'm paranoid about how that might affect my save when I import it to ME3.

I'm paranoid about how that might affect my save when I import it to ME3.

From what it does is very non-intrusive, so far I have only used it for Paragon/Renegade points, money and resources. A.K.A. the triad of evil.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Damn you Mordin! Why did you have to die?! Stop randomly dying for no reason!

we had that problem with jack. her shockwave were very effective, but unless we babysat her through battles by choosing her cover position, she rarely survived beyond the time it typical takes to heat up a cup o' coffee. mordin, on the other hand, were far more durable, but we has heard deraldin's complaint from others. mordin also appears to be one o' the characters that dies easily during the end-game battle, regardless o' loyalty or upgrades.

*shrug*

between neural shock and incinerate, mordin were a very effective party-mate for Gromnir, but as we played an infiltrator with heavy incinerate, mordin were kinda redundant for most missions, save for when we faced many krogan... or harbingers. mordin and Gromnir letting loose with incinerate at same time were enough to instant vaporize the armour o' any foe... 'cept for praetorians, scions, and end-boss.

btw, has anybody checked to see what impact cryo bomb has on biotic barriers? we confirmed , at least on the xbox, that cryo ammo shreds biotic barriers (even though documentation does not identify this fact). as our xbox recent went belly-up, we did not get a chance to see what impact cryo-bomb has on biotic barriers. if cryo-bomb does to biotics what incinerate does to armour, then mordin becomes even more effective... in addition to being a well-written and amusing character.

HA! Good Fun!

Damn you Mordin! Why did you have to die?! Stop randomly dying for no reason!

we had that problem with jack. her shockwave were very effective, but unless we babysat her through battles by choosing her cover position, she rarely survived beyond the time it typical takes to heat up a cup o' coffee. mordin, on the other hand, were far more durable, but we has heard deraldin's complaint from others. mordin also appears to be one o' the characters that dies easily during the end-game battle, regardless o' loyalty or upgrades.

I had no problem with him during the game, it's the end game sequence. Trying to go through with as few loyalty missions complete as possible. I've got Legion, Miranda and Jack loyal so I can't just send Mordin back with the crew. I have to fight the final boss and hope that he somehow survives this time. No idea what triggers his death.

Mordin will survive if he's loyal and with you during the boss fight, or sent with the crew. I think.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Mordin will survive if he's loyal and with you during the boss fight, or sent with the crew. I think.

I haven't heard of him dying in either of those situations. It's when he isn't chosen for anything that he tends to die and it doesn't seem to be tied to upgrades or anything.

Time spent killing the final boss doesn't seem to have any effect. Bumped it down to casual and took him out with 5 shots from the widow. Mordin still died.

Edited by Deraldin

They also could have had it that certain governemtns would not appreciate you heavily mining their systems and you would be fined or attacked, say, if you drained certain planets from rich all the way to poor. Heck, you can even mine the crap out of all the 'real world' planets around Earth. L0L I cna't remember if you can actively mine Earth itself. Wouldn't the human gov't/alliance have a problem with that? LOLZ

You're a spectre and can do whatever you want to complete your mission

A. You aren't neccessarily a Spectre in ME2.

B. Even if you are, it doesn't neccessarily mean the world eladers would all you to do it. No doubt on the individual race's world their laws likely come first.

C. Afterall, being a Spectre doesnt stop you from being attacked. L0LZ

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Mining planets makes no sense whatsoever. Its just a poor way to lengthen the game.

Trying to put it in any sort of context within the game world itself is a waste of time.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Mining planets makes no sense whatsoever. Its just a poor way to lengthen the game.

Trying to put it in any sort of context within the game world itself is a waste of time.

Agreed. Might as well have made upgrades worth credits.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I haven't heard of him dying in either of those situations. It's when he isn't chosen for anything that he tends to die and it doesn't seem to be tied to upgrades or anything.

Time spent killing the final boss doesn't seem to have any effect. Bumped it down to casual and took him out with 5 shots from the widow. Mordin still died.

the final time we played end sequence, our final boss battle party were as follows: miranda, grunt, Gromnir. we had jacob lead the normandy survivors back to ship.

all team members were loyal.

all ship upgrades were complete.

no casualties.

HA! Good Fun!