Mass Effect 2 Discussion

I'm real happy for you F-to-end-the-mission, and Imma let you finish, but unobscured radial dial were the best dialog options of all time.

For the love of god yes! Why can't we turn those damn notifications off?! Not just the "Press F to end", but "Left click to launch a probe" and all the other idiotic messages that we really didn't need to see once, let alone a billion more times.

And ironically, the one that is the most important, they tell you once and never again. I actually had to restart the tutorial to find out what it was. You know, that W + space jump-hop that only works under cover. I love how they just casually pop it in there too right in the middle of a fire-fight at level 1 when you're scrambling to stay alive. Kind of how women do the boyfriend-drop just before you go for the home phone number. If you weren't interested then why waste my time flirting? Gimme my five minutes back, you skanky tart! I never wanted you anyway!

Also fun: when EDI pipes in with rather important mission info while you're in the middle of a firefight. The game clearly doesn't anticipate that I pause the game and look around after every shot, which, along with the general combat noise, renders the VO a little difficult to understand. I went through the whole Samara recruitment mission without knowing

what the heck those gas containers did

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Just finished Garrus' sidequest. Bioware must have hired a small army to make this game - there are tons of different areas/quests and all of them are either passable or very well done.

Also I hate the new Liara.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Yeah, they screwed with Liara far too much. How does one go from shy, immature archeologist to an info broker who threatens to kill people painfully if they don't pay? I mean, did all the Prothean ruins just go away?

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Yeah, but he

managed to pile up some baggage as well

I like to think that Liara was inspired by Shepard's death to do something more useful than archeology and

slowly became a cutthroat information broker, because that's how that business works and now there's no going back.

Edited by Purkake

I think there was a comic feat. Liara released detailing her exploits

post-Normandyblowedup

. The explanation might be there.

I liked ME2 so much that I'm considering reading ancillary materials from the universe. That hasn't happened since BG2, when I burnt out on the gameplay and started reading awful R.A. Salvatore novels.

Edited by Pop

Got it on friday, could only start playing yesterday.

I'm really liking the supporting cast this time around - I'd say it's the single biggest improvement from the first game. Aria is ace. The asari bartender on Illium, TIM, yeoman hottie, that quarian dude voiced by Adam Baldwin, etc. Talking to everyone no longer feels like a chore. Combat is passable, but I wish it wasn't such a rock-paper-scissors thing. And the game could do with a bit more of customization for characters. Otherwise, I'm having a blast. Except when I'm scanning for minerals, that is.

Went naughty and got Morinth. Gives a new meaning to "drop-dead gorgeous"!

:lol:

I want a Blasto the hanar Spectre DLC. NAO

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Got ME2, did the whole Lazarus thing. I like Miranda, but Jacob it the usual Carth stand-in. Combat is much improved, load times are 5-10s, not really a problem. Playing as an infilatrator from my old saves.

am gonna suggest that thane is the actual carth stand-in for this bio game.

as for pc v. xbox... pc versions is almost invariably superior, but Gromnir's left hand is damaged... manual dexterity needed to use wasd is too much. can still manage a gamepad. no pc support of gamepad for me 1... didn't bother to check for me2.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Snowed this weekend, which was a good excuse to sit around playing the game pretty much all the time. Question: Without getting too spoilery, when should I

go investigate the dead Reaper? I went through the Collector ship, but declined to immediately follow-up and started doing loyalty missions instead. I now have Miranda, Samara (Reave is great; basically Warp on steroids), Garrus, and Thane loyal to me. Is there an advantage to going there early, or should I wrap up my squadmate missions first?

Are people finding ammo powers useful? I haven't played with them much-- I'm playing a Sentinel, so my approach is to just spam Overload and Warp/Reave at protected enemies.

Gotta a question for Volo, since none of you other scum-bucket non-cross-platformers will help:

On ME1, I bought it first on the 360 (didn't have a non-spastic PC at the time), and when I later bought it for the PC (360 --> red ring of death) I noticed that the hacking minigame was completely different. I think instead of being a time-based context sensitive button-mash it was some sort of puzzle game. So what's the bypassing and hacking minigames like for the 360 - the same as PC or competley different? Oh, and what's the synergy of the control scheme like? I don't think I've played a console game with as good a control scheme as Jade Empire. The xbox controller was practically MADE for that game. On PC ME2, the raidal dial being mapped at Left-Shift was awful. If I didn't remap it to Spacebar, my little pinky would have had carpal tunnel for sure.

Edited by jaguars4ever
manthing2.jpg

Snowed this weekend, which was a good excuse to sit around playing the game pretty much all the time. Question: Without getting too spoilery, when should I

go investigate the dead Reaper? I went through the Collector ship, but declined to immediately follow-up and started doing loyalty missions instead. I now have Miranda, Samara (Reave is great; basically Warp on steroids), Garrus, and Thane loyal to me. Is there an advantage to going there early, or should I wrap up my squadmate missions first?

Are people finding ammo powers useful? I haven't played with them much-- I'm playing a Sentinel, so my approach is to just spam Overload and Warp/Reave at protected enemies.

For the first question:

Things will change depending on when you go check out the dead Reaper. I don't think I can say any more than that without getting too spoilery.

Ammo powers can be a big help. Disruptor can shutdown mechs for a second or two. Inferno ammo can light enemies on fire, organic enemies will panic and stop to put out the flames. Fire also disables Krogan and Vorcha regen. I would assume cryo ammo can freeze enemies, which would then be prone to shattering. Never used it myself. The other types don't seem to have any extra effect.

Also I take back everything bad I ever said about Throw. 1 second cooldown time is amazing against husks. One shot the armour with the hand cannon then throw. By the time you shoot another one, throw is ready to use again. Or you can go with the area effect version, wipe out all the armour and throw them all at once. :lol: