Mass Effect 2

Pidesco

Really? You've never run into MMO players who run with female characters (despite frequent sexual overtures from other players) because they'd rather stare at a female model's ass? People pay attention to these things. That's why the most popular mods are flesh mods.

A blog by Christina Norman, lead designer: Enemy defenses in ME2

Really? You've never run into MMO players who run with female characters (despite frequent sexual overtures from other players) because they'd rather stare at a female model's ass? People pay attention to these things. That's why the most popular mods are flesh mods.

I'm run into dozens of men who've claimed they prefer to watch a female toon over a male one. I'm not sure I trust their word, but I've encountered it many times.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Really? You've never run into MMO players who run with female characters (despite frequent sexual overtures from other players) because they'd rather stare at a female model's ass?

Sure, like MC I've seen people claim they choose female over male characters because as you say, they'd rather stare at a female model's ass.

Enoch's focus on ass, however, is not the same as Bioware "selling the game by swinging sex in our faces". It's less "ass-centered" than "back-of-the-head" centred.

It's less "ass-centered" than "back-of-the-head" centred.

Very true. Its' hard to fight a deathclaw if an ass is in your line of fire. :)

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Very true. Its' hard to fight a deathclaw if an ass is in your line of fire. :)

There are deathclaws in Mass Effect 2?

Hot purple ones?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I agree with the female ass theory, since I do it as well, but only if the game is so dumb that its unappealing to identify myself with the main character. Thus Id never play a female in BGII but I played a big boned, red headed frenzied berserker chick in NWN2,

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

The aesthetic appeal of the female form, even in virtual, is quite often an attraction for the male segment... but I'd say a lot of people just like immersing themselves in a game and blowing crap up while saving the country/world/galaxy :rolleyes:

I've got to say I spent more time looking at the backgrounds and other things going on on the screen with ME then staring at my character's ass..

But there's always room for everyones playing styles ;)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I thought ass-staring was the hidden real motive of the elevator scenes.

I noticed that too. The camera is pretty much anchored to the ass.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

They've gotten rid of the elevator scenes.

Also, those annoying mineral quest from ME 1? They carry over to ME 2.

How you handled the reporter also carries.

The good, the bad and the ugly.

So I have to go back and finish my collection quests? :(

Edited by Deraldin

I'm run into dozens of men who've claimed they prefer to watch a female toon over a male one. I'm not sure I trust their word, but I've encountered it many times.

Prefering to look at a polygonal representation of a female is certainly part of the reason why I tend to play female characters in games. But since Im usually also picking female characters even if im going to play in a first person perspective it is probably not the entire story.

The female body physique in Mass Effect are hawt.

A nice firm butt, a set of normal sized tracts of land without the need to turn into himalayas and an overall well toned body.

I wish I could say the same for other video game female characters who tend to be crafted to please hormone raging tards.

But again, the Prince of Persia's Elika's hawt too.

How you handled the reporter also carries.

Well, these two I didn't know.

Reporter makes sense, minerals make me glad I was OCD enough to those on a character with max experience. :(

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

:(

The hell? Hopefully it's nothing major.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

But they were incredibly boring and no one ever did them more than once. It's just silly to take those into account and not other quests.

Maybe someone will make fun of you and call you stupid in ME2 if you completed the mineral quests.

Hopefully atleast, I missed two rare minerals in my save :dancing:

But they were incredibly boring and no one ever did them more than once. It's just silly to take those into account and not other quests.

Wrong. They are taking the other quests into account, too. The situation seems to be that you get some bonus resources for having done these quests. Hardly gamebreaking if you didn't, and you sure aren't going to miss out on anythinng.

TBH, I read the original quote on meforums, and I'm not sure this (=unc: valuable minerals having an effect in ME2) is the 100 % correct interpretation. We'll see in a couple of weeks.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

"But they were incredibly boring and no one ever did them more than once. It's just silly to take those into account and not other quests. "

I love it when people whine about potential C&C in RPGs. Just because you chose not tom follow throguh in comp0leting these quests doesn't mean others whom did should suffer.

Just like in RL, those who put in extra effort are often rewarded.

Additional C&C - even for relatively minor things - is a good thing. Period.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.