Mass Effect 2

Pidesco

I see Sarevok more as an amusing Space Marine type of character. He's so bad its good. Plus you get to have him in your party later on and (ab)use his capabilities.

I don't know.. the main bad guy from Jade Empire has to win a lot of points.. I mean, without any plot spoilers or anything, he was a major manipulative bastard in the classic sense of a mastermind.

And if he didn't have the scar he might have just fooled somebody.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Loghain and Saren are both not in their right minds. Only, Saren has an excuse (indoctrination/implants) and a legitimate fear driving him (the Reapers should easily be able to destroy the galactic civilization). Moreover, it seems as though his plan was on target: the Reapers *will* use organics as tools.

In Saren's mind, the option is either become a slave to a powerful, ancient evil or just die. That is a rational assessment of the situation for those not blessed to be the Player wish fulfillment Character.

Loghain is just nuts. He takes a strong and unified kingdom, starts a civil war, lets the Blight ravage the countryside, and allows enslavement of the populous, all because he

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I don't know.. the main bad guy from Jade Empire has to win a lot of points.. I mean, without any plot spoilers or anything, he was a major manipulative bastard in the classic sense of a mastermind.

That's why I called him the best I've seen and not the best evar. I haven't played JE, MDK2, or NWN1, and make no comment on the kewlness of their antagonists.

Loghain is just nuts. He takes a strong and unified kingdom, starts a civil war, lets the Blight ravage the countryside, and allows enslavement of the populous, all because he’s worried that a country that he’s *already beaten once* might try to invade. It makes no sense.
Correction: he's worried that the orlesian GWs invade the country. :o (the emote is meant for Loghain) Edited by Oner

Loghain and Saren are both not in their right minds. Only, Saren has an excuse (indoctrination/implants) and a legitimate fear driving him (the Reapers should easily be able to destroy the galactic civilization). Moreover, it seems as though his plan was on target: the Reapers *will* use organics as tools.

In Saren's mind, the option is either become a slave to a powerful, ancient evil or just die. That is a rational assessment of the situation for those not blessed to be the Player wish fulfillment Character.

Loghain is just nuts. He takes a strong and unified kingdom, starts a civil war, lets the Blight ravage the countryside, and allows enslavement of the populous, all because he

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

DA's plot could have been a lot better if the King hadn't died right at the start.
Yeah, back then I figured the vaunted black and gray morality will culminate in a choice between nice-but-stupid King Forgothisname and somewhatevil Loghain. Disappointment, here I come.

It would've been awesome if the entire Blight stuff had been done away with and they had focused the entire game on political machinations. It's that more "human" stuff in DA which really shines, the blight and darkspawn is the boring stuff.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

dude, awesome suggestion of the nameless ones practical incarnation for best villain.... so much greatness in that game comes from unraveling the trail that guy left behind.

sarevok is a kingly villain, a perfect example of the "Im evil because evil is awesome" school of villains. deep gravelly voice? check. huge spiked armor? check. penchant for killing people with bare crushing hands? check. glowing eyes? check. bizarre overcomplicated scheme for a person powerful enough to wipe the floor with anyone who challenges him? check.

dude was awesome.

he was also the first crpg villain i got to experience, so he holds a special place in my heart...

SHODAN gets my vote for best creepy villain... she's always watching you and scheming and talking to you.... so eerie and cool. (the master from fallout 1 gets my runner up vote)

irenicus was a great all around villain

i actually really like sephiroth as a villain too, hes definitely a style over substance character though. strong silent type to the max

Big Boss is a great villain, but only because you get his whole story in Metal Gear Solid 3.

who is the villain in ME 2? anything is bound to be better than the archdemon... ugh. that was an even worse villain than necron from FF9

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

As far as villains go, I think I'd also go with Shodan overall. I replayed SS2 last year for the first time since around the time it was first released. I was extremely surprised in how well it held up overall and how well done Shodan really is. The hypnotic effects on the voice and the writing is really terrifying at times, and yet you actually kinda grow to... I don't know, almost like it after a while. In some ways, I feel it is *still* ahead of its time.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

They all pale next to Lilarcor.

Hes got Motivation: "I don't know what you were expecting, but as a sword I'm pretty one-dimensional in what I want. " ... "What about now? Let's kill."

Attitude: "Hands up, kiddies, who wants to die?"

A Plan: "Advice, eh? Well, besides working a little on your swordsmanship. Besides that, I'd have to think. Hmmm... find someone rich, and kill them. Find someone richer, and kill them, too! Hack and slash you way to fortune! Woo-hoo! "

What more do you need?

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

As far as villains go, I think I'd also go with Shodan overall. I replayed SS2 last year for the first time since around the time it was first released. I was extremely surprised in how well it held up overall and how well done Shodan really is. The hypnotic effects on the voice and the writing is really terrifying at times, and yet you actually kinda grow to... I don't know, almost like it after a while. In some ways, I feel it is *still* ahead of its time.

like homeworld, deus ex, and myth, the game has yet to be surpassed in its genre (if you define said genre somewhat narrowly)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

like homeworld, deus ex, and myth, the game has yet to be surpassed in its genre (if you define said genre somewhat narrowly)

:o

You know your games.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Right now, we only know about the Collectors. They appear to be an insectoid race serving the Reapers, though even that's not clear.

Which I kind of recall was a lot like we had for ME newswise.. was just The Gith without mention of Saren until very close to release time.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

oh yeah and if they bring back unicron for ME2 they should only use clips of orson welles' voice

original transformers movie FTFW!!!

"Why should I? What's in it for me?"

"Your bargaining posture is highly dubious, but very well. I will provide you with a new body and new troops to command."

"And?"

"And nothing! You belong to me now."

"I belong to nobody!"

"Perhaps I misjudged you. Proceed, on your way to Oblivion."

"Argh! No! No, I accept your terms! *more screaming*"

"Excellent."

Yeah, that almost works for Mass Effect. :o

Which reminds me, the persuasion lines in ME were leagues above the ones in DA. At least the ones I remember.

And that turian CEO on Noveria was the best NPC in the whole damn game.

Most of the good characters were turian. Except Hackett who unlike Anderson, had no weird hand gestures while talking.

Edited by Oner

The average age of a Youtube viewer is probably 15 years.

The best villan could be Irenicus, or the Nameless ones practical incarnation, SHODAN, the guy from Bioshock or tons of others depending on what aspect of a villain intimidates you most.

Phyramid Head. I don't want to know what that says about me.

DA's plot could have been a lot better if the King hadn't died right at the start.
Yeah, back then I figured the vaunted black and gray morality will culminate in a choice between nice-but-stupid King Forgothisname and somewhatevil Loghain. Disappointment, here I come.

That would have been nice, but then the AlistiarTheAlsoStupid.. but Dreamy couldn't have gotten the throne.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

That would have been nice, but then the AlistiarTheAlsoStupid.. but Dreamy couldn't have gotten the throne.
It would've been as though a thousand fan girls cried out in pain.

You have an ending where you sleep with Morrigan, one where you have Alistiar die, and another where you have Loghian die. Where is the ending where all three of these things happen?

Anyways, I like that Morrigan had a Get-Out-Of-Death-Free card between her legs, but I found Alistiar's role irritating. The character was fine until the drama of his true nature arrived.

Pyramid Head is actually interesting. Silent Hill 2 is an interesting game overall because while you can tie everything together to a point, there is a huge amount of stuff which can be analyzed to hell and back. Who knows if the devs meant it for it to be like that, but it sure is cool when you can find several layers to a game like that. Even if it's only in your mind, the game and its developers should be congratulated for it.

:o

You know your games.

Sorry for going off-topic. I'll just want to add DESCENT: FREESPACE amongst the unbeaten genre.

The average age of a Youtube viewer is probably 15 years.

The best villan could be Irenicus, or the Nameless ones practical incarnation, SHODAN, the guy from Bioshock or tons of others depending on what aspect of a villain intimidates you most.

Is that from Silent Hill?

edit: Starwars answered it... I havent gotten around to playing SH2 yet.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

oh yeah and if they bring back unicron for ME2 they should only use clips of orson welles' voice

original transformers movie FTFW!!!

"Why should I? What's in it for me?"

"Your bargaining posture is highly dubious, but very well. I will provide you with a new body and new troops to command."

"And?"

"And nothing! You belong to me now."

"I belong to nobody!"

"Perhaps I misjudged you. Proceed, on your way to Oblivion."

"Argh! No! No, I accept your terms! *more screaming*"

"Excellent."

Yeah, that almost works for Mass Effect. :(

dude you just made my day week and month! sooooooo awesome!

edit: and i LOVE pyramid head as a villain too, although really, the PC is the actual villain in that game (as far as i and my friends interpret it anyway) pyramid head just was a (meta)physical representation of his ... baser instincts.

Edited by entrerix