Mass Effect 2

Pidesco

I NEED TO PLAY MASS EFFECT! It's been lying on a shelf collecting dust for probably over a year now! Why is it so difficult for me to just stretch out an arm, open the box and install it?? Is it because of the crapfest that was Jade Empire?

Or is it because I don't have a video card in my computer and the new one won't arrive in another six days?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Ive out grown "point-and-click" RPG gameplay. The only way Im going to prefer that over actual direct control is if its turnbased thats as good as Silent Storm, and that will never ever happen again in an AAA title.

Nope. ME was awesome as a RPG. I espect ME2 to be more of the same awesomeness.

Word, Voles.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

And now they've released the companion trailer of Miranda as well..

It might take me a little bit to forget Chuck when she starts talking during gameplay... :biggrin:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Martin Sheen sounds like his dentures are falling off. I'm having a ton of trouble accepting the physical model of Illusive Man with his voice.

It would have been more awesome if the man would have been modeled after Sheen, but as they probably had him deisgned before they signed Jed bartlett to do his voice its ok. It's even more awesome than when World in Conflict managed to get Alec Baldwin to do their VO.

I've seen the concept art, before Sheen signed on, the guy looked to be in his fifties or early-sixties.

Miranda's concept art was of a darker skinned woman. They changed her last name as well. Apparently, there are no dusky women with Scandinavian last names in Sidney.

Miranda.png

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Miranda's concept art was of a darker skinned woman. They changed her last name as well. Apparently, there are no dusky women with Scandinavian last names in Sidney.

It's funny how that works - after they do two novels about geographical distinctions disappearing, they still couldn't follow it in their own game. :biggrin:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I actually kind of enjoyed Jade Empire.. at least the story. I've never been able to make up my mind on the actual game play.. but the story I liked.

Heh, I'd heard they decided to change Miranda's last name to "Lawson" just because it sounds better with the australian accent and they thought it would confuse people otherwise.. ah well.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

i didnt like jade empire, it was the only bio game i stopped playing out of boredom

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

It's funny how that works - after they do two novels about geographical distinctions disappearing, they still couldn't follow it in their own game. :biggrin:

Her appearance can probably be explained by this hypothetical scenario in the art department.

"Hey, didya hear they got Sarah from Chuck to do Mirandas VO?!!"

"Dude, that is friggin sweet!"

"Only thing is, I wish the model was as hot as she is. To do the voice justice, you know?"

"Well... why dont we trash that old crap and model a new one that looks just like Yvonne Strahovski?"

"AWESOME. Lets do that."

..and what scandinavian last name? Lawson? Strahovski?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

"Is it because of the crapfest that was Jade Empire?"

JE > BG

Are you claiming BG is crappy?

Yes.

Blasphemy!

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Well apparently a dutch magazine has confirmed that Samara is a romance option for male Sheps. If true, that would make three confirmed (SuZe, Secretary, Samara) and one heavily hinted at (Tali) and Miranda the female lead(lead = :p ). But surely they can't have 5 options, right? I mean I'm not playing Mass Effect 2: The Record of a Crusade.

In other news, EA buys ActiveSoft.....

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Well apparently a dutch magazine has confirmed that Samara is a romance option for male Sheps. If true, that would make three confirmed (SuZe, Secretary, Samara) and one heavily hinted at (Tali) and Miranda the female lead(lead = :) ). But surely they can't have 5 options, right? I mean I'm not playing Mass Effect 2: The Record of a Crusade.

1) Who's Suze?

2) Tali booty!? :p

manthing2.jpg

Well apparently a dutch magazine has confirmed that Samara is a romance option for male Sheps. If true, that would make three confirmed (SuZe, Secretary, Samara) and one heavily hinted at (Tali) and Miranda the female lead(lead = :) ). But surely they can't have 5 options, right? I mean I'm not playing Mass Effect 2: The Record of a Crusade.

Only SuZe has been confirmed as a romance for DudeShep.

Samara and Kelly were confirmed as romances, but no one's said which way they swing. I assume Samara is bi like Liara. I don't think Tali has been 'hinted' at, though Miranda sure has been.

1) Who's Suze?

2) Tali booty!? :p

SuZe =

, aka Jedi Tank Girl.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

It would be strange if Miranda wasnt romance-able, she being the leading lady and all.

Also, Subject Zero... no. Just no.

"Is it because of the crapfest that was Jade Empire?"

JE > BG

Are you claiming BG is crappy?

Yes.

Blasphemy!

Both BG and JE were crappy. Also: NWN OC, NWN SOU and KOTOR.

Well, atleast for me they were.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

What? She's cute.

She looks like a BDSM lesbian. She's not as blatantly unattractive as Juhani, but I certainly wouldnt hit it.

So far the only two joinable characters that I'm leery of are:

Grunt - I got this nagging fear he's going to be the MW2/shooter/generic lowbrow fanboy pleaser version of Wrex(ZOMG HE WONT STOP WHEN I TELL HIM TO HES SO EDGY AND BADASS ANDNDNNADANADN)

Thane - Estrogen Brigade Bait,* and the most blatant I've seen in a game in, well, ever. Also potentially EDGY AND BADASSsSSSSSSsss to compensate for the first part. I actually had to look up the character's name because I'm so 'meh' towards it. :/

SuZe can go either way, I don't have enough to go on to even have the nagging doubt I have on the other two...

* Yes, I'm aware that Miranda is basically the Ms Fanservice, if not the Fetish Fuel Station Attendant. If you feel I should be just as annoyed by her, you can put it down to my failures as a heterosexual male. ;)

What? She's cute.

She looks like a BDSM lesbian. She's not as blatantly unattractive as Juhani, but I certainly wouldnt hit it.

You wouldn't hit it because you have no taste. She's hawt.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Thane - Estrogen Brigade Bait,* and the most blatant I've seen in a game in, well, ever. Also potentially EDGY AND BADASSsSSSSSSsss to compensate for the first part. I actually had to look up the character's name because I'm so 'meh' towards it. :/

Wouldn't Jacob qualify for that title more? Thane's a frog, after all.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Wouldn't Jacob qualify for that title more? Thane's a frog, after all.

That's what you'd think. The Thane threads on bioware forums have been like a 60s Beatles concert with swooning fangirls. Or so I heard.

Jacob's gonna be the Carth/Kaidan/Alistair buddy-(b)romance guy, Thane's going to be the alien dude with leather jacket and angelina jolie lips and a dark and mysterious background romance guy.

My opinion: I've moderated and later administrated an official band forum for almost five years now. The practical thing I've learned in this time is that geek girls will obsess over the strangest things, and the amount of 'squee' they can put out in their obsessiveness is just... amazing. Somebody's obviously read the signals right at Bioware. ;)