Mass Effect 2

Pidesco

"ME wasn't a good RPG, so it's better not to even try and go fully to the shooter line."

Wriong. Way better than either BG that is for sure.

"The same thing has crossed my mind now that my previously low expectations hit rock-bottom.

It might actually be more tolerable now that it has quit pretending to be an RPG."

Kiddin' right? You actually thinking of buying/playing ME2? Are you on crack? Why do that when you loathed ME1? At least wait until it hits the bargain bin.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"ME wasn't a good RPG, so it's better not to even try and go fully to the shooter line."

Wriong. Way better than either BG that is for sure.

Hilarious as usual, Volo.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

So.. avoiding the whole "which is rpg and which rpg is better" conversation before the almighty arch-mages get really into it... :sorcerer:

For the slightly random ME2 related aspect.. who's really being bothered about Bioware doing more Pre-Order bonus DLC items depending where you buy it from, and who's pondering on the Collector's Edition?

Does anyone give a damn, is it just more gimmick, or just the "I was pre-ordering it anyway, so yay"?

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

i've got no problem with making ME series into this more action oriented game, so long as they keep making decent crpg products like Dragon Age.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

So.. avoiding the whole "which is rpg and which rpg is better" conversation before the almighty arch-mages get really into it... :sorcerer:

For the slightly random ME2 related aspect.. who's really being bothered about Bioware doing more Pre-Order bonus DLC items depending where you buy it from, and who's pondering on the Collector's Edition?

Does anyone give a damn, is it just more gimmick, or just the "I was pre-ordering it anyway, so yay"?

I've got my copy of the CE pre-ordered, but have yet to get any confirmation on whether or not I'm getting any of the DLC. Future Shop hasn't made any mention of the DLC and hasn't responded to my requests for information. I'll be slightly disappointed if I don't get that Inferno armour because I think it looks awesome, but I'll get over it. It's a small bonus on something I was going to pre-order anyway because of the limted CE availability.

I plan on continuing my DA:O policy of not going out of my way to get any of the bonus items. My experience with the one item that DL'ed automatically ("The Edge" dagger that was given to everyone who registered prior to a particular date) was that it was destabilizingly powerful to get such a nice weapon so early in the game. I prefer the game as balanced without the marketing-based Monty-Haulism.

I've had the CE pre-ordered for a while now, for some reason Bio/EA only give it's CE to EB games in Aus so I had no choice between the bonus DLC. To be honest the Steam DE seems a better deal, it's cheaper(for aussies) and you get the soundtrack.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Currently, on the BioBoards:

The BioWare websites; online store; master server; and online authentication are temporarily unavailable. Sorry folks; we're having a few technical difficulties. Those pesky Gnomes are banging away at the giant; steam-producing clockwork computers we keep in the basement guarded by Swikky the dire squirrel. We will be back up as soon as we can.

ME2 related: I just finished my ME1 game. I had forgotten that, at the end of the game, there is an option to defer the selection of the human Council representative. It is, I think, the most appropriate option, given Shepard's status as a Council employee. (Plus, both Anderson and Udina would be terrible choices, for a variety of different reasons.) I wonder who wins by default...

Sidenote: The way the three Council members finish each others' sentences in the final cutscene (when they are saved) is hilarious. I picture them rehearsing it together and arguing over who gets to say which part.

I don't think the RPG part of ME is made or broken by the amount of little boxes you use your arbitrarily determined number of points to fill. I'm not exactly sure I concur with the lessening of those boxes = dumbing down, either.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Make way for day one DLC!

Linky

So, DLC exclusive character at day one like DA had Shale. I'm betting on Legion, the friendly neighborhood Geth.

And just like Shale, it will be free for those who have purchase a (new) copy of the game... :*

Going off the 'chievos, I'm thinking the DLC character won't be Legion.

Also, I have little doubt that there will be actual "day 1" DLC, but this isn't really it.

(edit, edit, edit).

Edited by Nepenthe

And just like Shale, it will be free for those who have purchase a (new) copy of the game... :*

isnt that only the Collectors Edition?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

No, Shale was free for all registered copies of the game.

The whole point isn't to sell CEs; it's to take a bite out of the "used games" market that has kept retail games establishments in business for the last decade. Each retail copy of the game gets a free DL of an add-on that contains near-essential content and that is otherwise priced at around $15, which is an approximation of the price gap between buying new and buying used. (Really, given that the used market is so much of their business, I'm surprised that the Gamespots of the world are still cooperating with Bio/EA on promoting the products, including special pre-order incentives, etc.)

And just like Shale, it will be free for those who have purchase a (new) copy of the game... :p

Nope, the Cerberus Network card is the Stone Prisoner of Mass Effect 2, ie. available with all versions. People mistook it for being exclusive to the CE, because it was originally listed in the CE contents (as is other stuff not exclusive to the CE).

Edited by Nepenthe

I still say its a ripoff to take stuff out of the game and pretend its "extra content" that you just happen to have ready right at release. Its just like they're selling cars with "buy now and get all four wheels included for free!"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Wow, I'm surprised at the lack of outrage.

Maybe you guys are actually adapting to changes.

Or maybe the Mass Effect 2 thread draws in the more progressive crowd

Or maybe no one gives a sh!t.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life