Dark Void

Purkake

So yeah, this is coming out on the 19th in USA and on the 22th in Europe for PS360 and PC. It's got this cool Rocketeer thing going on and it's from the guys who made Crimson Skies. Basically you're a guy with a jetpack in an open world setting and occasionally you fly various aircraft Crimson Skies style. It's kind of consol-y, but might still be pretty fun.

I guess the Giant Bomb quicklook gives the best overview of all the different aspects of the game.

70xffn.jpg

Edited by Purkake

I have been occasionally glancing at that game, but I don't recall hearing it described as open world. Although I would still facepalm if it weren't, as that would be too awesome not to do.

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

I tried the demo but couldn't get the hang of the flight controls. It's neither like a plane or TPS, I don't know what it is. It would be better if they just had jumping between levels and may be hovering a bit, instead of actual flight.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Not Crimson Skies 3, therefore it is worthless.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

You're not going to get Crimson Skies 3. This is a different game from the same developers.

I refuse to believe in a future where there is no Crimson Skies 3.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Is that the game that was hyped for "vertical combat" ? I thought that was released a year ago

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Is that the game that was hyped for "vertical combat" ? I thought that was released a year ago

Perhaps you're thinking of Damnation?

Anyway, I really liked Crimson Skies, but this doesn't interest me. I watched some of that video and it reminded me of the Iron Man demo I played once upon a time. Which is not something I cared to be reminded of.

Edited by Hell Kitty

I dont know, you had a jetpack and fought stuff on buildings and large mineshafts. Seemed very 3/5

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I dont know, you had a jetpack and fought stuff on buildings and large mineshafts. Seemed very 3/5

Yeah, this is the game.

I didn't enjoy the demo when it came out for PS3 a couple of weeks ago. At the time, I thought that it was simply too short to get an accurate feel for the mechanics of flight and of combat. However, reviews like this one suggest that it it may not be length of the demo that gave me that impression, but that the game is, basically, crap. That's a bit disappointing, as I loved the idea of essentially being the Rocketeer.