What are You playing now?

Gorth

I'm working my way through Assassin's Creed.. and I'm just being puzzled why so many people rave about it. If you at least got to have several methods on how to get close and kill the target it would be one thing.. but it's just so.. arcadey repetitive.

So far I'm just punching through it to see what the "story" develops like rather then because of the actual game play...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Actually the general consensus amongst gamers (as far as it could be singled out) was that the game is repetitive crap. Its only the reviewers who were raving about it, and only because it was a very expensive game to make. As I understand it, do one mission and you've seen the entire game.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

I'm working my way through Assassin's Creed.. and I'm just being puzzled why so many people rave about it. If you at least got to have several methods on how to get close and kill the target it would be one thing.. but it's just so.. arcadey repetitive.

So far I'm just punching through it to see what the "story" develops like rather then because of the actual game play...

First one? Yeah, the second one is very different

^How did you get the title "Grand Crusader"? Im still at "Crusader", did they add more quests to the Argent Tournament line? I havent looked in on them since I completed "Crusader".

http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=4078

"Participated in the realm first conquest of the Trial of the Grand Crusader with 50 attempts remaining in 25-player mode."

Very impressive! :lol:

People did rave about Assassin's Creed. There was the huge repetition complaint, but there were also some redeeming qualities mentioned. Plus the look and feel was pretty nice. It wasn't my cup of tea, but I can see the appeal.

I heard AC2 really improved on the formula though.

Unless one thinks the Obsidian Forum Community is the be all and end all of computer and video game criticism, the overall response to Assassin's Creed was positive. The repetitive pre-assassination missions and long cutscenes, the two biggest issues with the original, are gone in the sequel.

Okay, I'd like some tactical input in BG please.

Enemies: LOVE and THE SUNSHINE FRIENDS (you know who I mean)

Squad: L6 Paladin, L7 Imoen, L5-6 Jaheira, L6 Khalid, L6 Viconia, L6 Xan (no, no Minsc, the RRREEAAEERRRGH at the end of the 'Go for the eyes!' cry is ****ing annoying)

I've summoned some skeletons to distract FEAR, AVARICE is somewhere offscreen, I sic everyone on LOVE to disrupt his charm (which doesn't really work, but that doesn't matter becaaauuuse:) fighter guy (HATRED?) rips my PC apart. I'm thinking on setting the bones on LOVE, but he'd probably ignore them for a PC char. So... suggestions, suggestions, I'm all horns?

Summon a LOT of creatures and make a wall of bodies directly between you and Fighter. Stick some skeletons to LOVE full-time and try and stay out of his line of sight, so that he wastes his charms on the skeletons. Kill the fighter as fast as you can - make use of the wands you should have by now, he will fail his saves on at least half of them. (Wand of Heavens is good.) Kivan is useful is he is there.

Something useful is the massive set of traps to the southwest of where the dwarves start, if you h aven't been silly and have disabled them already. Run Imoen through there after downing a potion of fire resistance, try and get at least two dwarves (but not Love, obviously) to follow. The ensuing fireball bonanza will, if lucky, get at least 2 dwarves down to Badly Wounded, which helps a lot.

Summon a LOT of creatures and make a wall of bodies directly between you and Fighter. Stick some skeletons to LOVE full-time and try and stay out of his line of sight, so that he wastes his charms on the skeletons. Kill the fighter as fast as you can - make use of the wands you should have by now, he will fail his saves on at least half of them. (Wand of Heavens is good.) Kivan is useful is he is there.

Something useful is the massive set of traps to the southwest of where the dwarves start, if you h aven't been silly and have disabled them already. Run Imoen through there after downing a potion of fire resistance, try and get at least two dwarves (but not Love, obviously) to follow. The ensuing fireball bonanza will, if lucky, get at least 2 dwarves down to Badly Wounded, which helps a lot.

Thanks. I got a prot. from magic scroll (or 3 to be precise), so I don't think LOVE's going to be a problem anymore. Aaaaand in a half hour I'll have the boots of speed so at worst I can kite the fighter, tho I hope it won't come to that.

Also, Xan is awesome. Our quest is vai~n.

Edited by Oner

Just bought X2: The Threat, Kings Bounty The Legend and Kings Bounty: Armored Princess from Gamersgate. Should keep me occupied for a while :shifty:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Just bought X2: The Threat,

Awesome empire building/space sim. I'm playing it right now. FOr the 10th time.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Hell yes to the last two(haven't played X2 yet). I've finished The Legend twice and am in the last third of Armored Princess. To clear some confusion, since everyone seems to call it an "expansion", take it with a grain of salt. It's more like "King's Bounty 1.5", it's way bigger, more varied, better written and clearly designed by people who love the genre. My absolute fave game last year.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Quick, Obsidianites, Homeworld 1 or 2?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

1, but Cataclysm should not be skipped either.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Thanks, playing Homeworld 1 right now.

It's... very slow paced. This is a good thing though, I'm terrible at making quick decisions in RTS games, except for the fact I'm still getting my ass kicked constantly. Also I think I'll try to find a high res patch and something to fix the weird framerate.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

The mothership launch sequence and the destruction of Kharak are some of the most powerful moments in the history of gaming.

@Will: money and ships are persistent. Dont move on to the next mission until you've stripped the map bare of resources. Tip2: capture ships, its cost efficient.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Picked up PoP: Sands of Time last night and am playing it with my daughters. Yes, the trailers for the new game and movie did influence me some, but the biggest influence was when I went back to play the latest PoP and realized that, while pretty, there was hardly any game there, and I could not even get to the first boss as a result. PoP:SoT was one of the best games I've played in the last ten years, so it was only a matter of time before I had to get it.

Found a copy of Jane's Longbow 2 in my closet, having a good bit of fun with it. Sad how they don't make flight sims at all these day, or so it seems to be.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Finished the Path to Ascendance on Alpha Centauri earlier this morning.. or late last night depending on when you feel it switches over.,. :)

Every now and again I'm doing one mission from Assassin's Creed then having long periods of hours/days before trying the next one..seeing if that makes it a bit more palatable and feel less repetitive.

Mostly just doing the wait for ME2 to come out at the moment.. Not really in a big mood to get involved in any games for some reason..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Now at the "Sea of Lost Souls". Words are inadequate to express my hate towards the ship-controlling vessel.