Exercise

Walsingham

I'm going to be restarting my fitness from scratch, using a regime prepared by the Army. I'm starting on teh very lowest setting, so hope you'll all be prepared to join in with me.

All you have to do today is three things:

1. Count how many press-ups you can do in two minutes. You can stop and rest in the middle if you have to, or as many tiems as you like.

2. Count how many sit-ups you can do in two minutes. Ditto conditions. Tuck your feet under something or hae someone hold them down.

3. Run 1.5 miles. Ditto conditions, although you should keep walking if you need to 'rest'.

Post your counts, and I'll tell you what we're doing tomorrow when it comes. Friday will be a rest day.

~~~

My counts:

1. 39

2. 65

3. 15:15 ( :lol: )

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Trouble is I've always found those sort of exercises a bit boring. Cycling's more my cup of tea.

Fair enough, moose, although I should say that several days in the program are optional stuff like you could choose to cycle or swim. But if you want all round fitness you have to do some situps etc.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I hear you're absolutely not to support your legs when doing situps, because that will excercise the legs and not the abdomen.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

After the accident I had to give up running all together and really had to change how I did weightlifting (strictly low weight hi rep now). I would try swimming regularly but I live out in the sticks and there is no gym anywhere near thats in any way convienient. I did go buy a heavy punching bag and I work out with that almost every day, plus I bought a complete set of dumbells to do physical therapy with after the crash. But it's nothing compared to what I used to do. I can tell the difference, I watch what I eat so I have not gained weight, but I can tell my energy levels are not what they once were.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'm actually going to do this. I'm at work right now, but I borrowed one of those GPS clocks yesterday so I was planning to run after work anyhow. I'll try running those 1.5 miles to see how it goes.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm going to be restarting my fitness from scratch, using a regime prepared by the Army. I'm starting on teh very lowest setting, so hope you'll all be prepared to join in with me.

I'd be surprised if you got five people to join in.

~~~

My counts:

1. 39

2. 65

3. 15:15 ( :lol: )

Push-ups: 25

Sit-ups: 37

Running: Not done yet.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Ok. Not as good as I was hoping for :o

Push-ups: 46

Sit-ups: 46

1.5 miles: 12.13

This GPS clock is really cool. It even plotted my route:

15mile.png

All I had to do was slide my mouse pointer along the blue line and it showed me where I passed 2.41 km (1.5 miles). I could also have imported the route into Google Earth, but I felt that was a bit overkill..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

1. Count how many press-ups you can do in two minutes. You can stop and rest in the middle if you have to, or as many tiems as you like.

2. Count how many sit-ups you can do in two minutes. Ditto conditions. Tuck your feet under something or hae someone hold them down.

Umm... what do you mean by "rest"? When I did something like this back at boot camp, we were allowed to "rest", too... on the "up" position of the pushup exercise. Can I get up, have a sip of water and do a sudoku while "resting", or what.

EDIT: I also have no way to measure distances. I guess a treadmill would be considered cheating?

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Umm... what do you mean by "rest"? When I did something like this back at boot camp, we were allowed to "rest", too... on the "up" position of the pushup exercise. Can I get up, have a sip of water and do a sudoku while "resting", or what.

I suppose if you like but you would be wasting your 2 minutes by not doing the exercise. What kind of question is this anyways?

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I'll be playing basketball for an hour and a half this evening, so it's probably not a good day to be timing myself doing other exercises. But I'll post some numbers in a day or two. Although I can't remember the last time I ran more than half a block without being involved in some game or another. I was doing pushups/situps with some regularity for a while a few months ago, but a bout of nasty heartburn/reflux put an end to that.

Edited by Enoch

Push ups: 60

Sit ups: 30

1.5 mile: Not doing it

First 40 push ups were easy. The last 10 were pretty brutal though. Still feel a little in my tri's and chest.

Sit ups I have never been good at, even in middle school I was deplorable at them.

My running shoes are too small and hurt my poor feet.

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Pushups - 30

Situps - 65

1.5 Mile - Maybe 18 minutes or so, my pedometer didn't seem to be working right. I guess it is set to my wife's stride. I did 2 miles in 23 minutes, so I estimated. Pretty terrible, but I like where this is going, I really do need to get in better shape and shed about 15-20 pounds.

EDIT: I also have no way to measure distances. I guess a treadmill would be considered cheating?

I think the impression is that you can do whatever you want in those 2 minutes, just keep track of how many push ups you do in them.

~~~

My counts:

1. 39

2. 65

3. 15:15 ( :thumbsup: )

1. 69

2. 70

3. ????

4. PROFIT!!

I expected much better, tbh. I could have done a few more pushups, but I ran out of time. I really need to get my act together when it comes to ab work, as well.

Didn't do the run thing. I can only do it on a treadmill, and that's plain cheating. I also secretly h8 cardio. :*

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

It's great people are joining in. I'm doing mine after my singing lesson so my airways are all fired up.

Anyways...

Today's exercise is:

"

DAY 1

walk-jog for 20 minutes (jog for 2 mins, walk for 2 mins etc)

1x pressups max

2X5 Dorsal raises

2x5 triceps dips

1x sit-ups max

(rest 30-90 secs between sets as you need)"

~~

I guess mkreku will want to jump up to the next phase day 1 which would be:

"Steady run 18 minutes

3x pressups max

3x 8 squats

3x situps max

3x8 dorsal raises

rest 30-90 secs between sets as necessary"

-Elwood Blues