Exercise

Walsingham

I nearly forgot to say: today is a rest day, so chill out.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Badly hungover and massively tired today after good night out last night. I probably wil go ahead with the exercise, but not sure.

10 min warm-up

5 sets of 40 seconds fastest run and 2 minutes rest.

10 minute warm down.

EDIT:

Phase 2 same as above, but 1 minute fast, 1 minute rest, 10 times.

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I've decided to go easy on myself and go for the run, athough it's dark now. This may sound counter-intuitive, but I realised that if I run I'll feel like **** for an hour or so, but if I don't then I feel like a lazy useless **** for days.

-Elwood Blues

Looks like it's just me reading the thread now. Well sod you all. :)

The run went very well. I warmed up thoroughly and took to the runs in the only well lit quiet bit near me. A gang of teenagers cheered me on with encouraging descriptions of my variuos real and (hopefully) invented shortcomings. this actually spurred me on, and I feel magnificent. My legs feel like sea-swollen driftwood, and I'm wheezing, but you get the idea.

-Elwood Blues

It's a rest day today, which is handy because it feels as if I've got a nail in my right thigh. I think I run lopsided or something. Maybe I should get a personal trainer to teach me technique?

Neverthelesss I'm off on a long walk today for the traditional British walka nd pub lunch in the countryside. I'd rather just have the pub lunch, butmy new-remembered spirit of bold adventure tells me to take advantage of the opportunity to soldier through the pain.

-Elwood Blues

While running there is a lot of impact on the arch, and knees. Everything in moderation. I really recommend circuit training, bike riding, Rowing, Swimming. And situps may become bad for the back after awhile, so how about different styles of crunches?

While running there is a lot of impact on the arch, and knees. Everything in moderation. I really recommend circuit training, bike riding, Rowing, Swimming. And situps may become bad for the back after awhile, so how about different styles of crunches?

I appreciate the thought, but I'm going to stick to the planned regime. A bit of pain never hurt anyone.

Hang on...

-Elwood Blues

You guys have inspired me to go on a 2am run right now. I'll tell you how it was later.

I presume you are somewhere safe. I've been attacked by wild dogs while out running, but in the USA I suspect even the hounds have handguns.

Phase 1 people:

20 min walkrun. That is 4 minutes run 1 minute walking followed by:

2x pressups max

2x 6 dorsal raises

2x 6 tricep dips

2x situp max

~

Phase 2 people:

10 min warm up

2x 12 each exercise as before

10 min warmdown

-Elwood Blues

Quite amazing what just ten days on this program has done. I sailed through the first five minutes Barely even out of breath. There's also real progress on the pressups and situps, even if the second sets were substandard AGAIN. I reckon I should be comfortably hitting Army minimum by the end of the month! :grin:

Obviously this doesn't include the run. I am still when all's said and done, a short fat man. But then, the Army doesn't pay me to look cute.

... at least I hope not.

Anyway, highlight today was toiling up the hill when I realised I looked tired and puffed out. My sense of pride kicked in and I switched the mp3 to the 'colonial theme' of battlestar galactica. I lifted my chin up, straightened my back, and went to double time. Managed the whole thing in one go! Felt like throwing up at the top, but didn't.

-Elwood Blues

I was in a safe area on my run. The cold, crisp air was pleasant, and I felt a lot better afterward. I think my exercise would be more efficient if I got into a program or schedule of running and other exercises.

I'm.. uh.. swamped with work (damn you, Risen).

Will go to the gym today after work and then I'll take on today's exercises, I promise!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Yesterday was a break day. Sorry, I don't know why I thought you'd all telepathically know that.

Today, the last day in the 'week' is the walk/cycle/row/swim. 30 minutes walking, or 20 minutes anything a bit faster.

Tomorrow is a mixed day, but I think it will be a bit easier than the last one.

-Elwood Blues

I'm late posting today because I'mrunning late in general. Enjoying FO3 too much on teh replay, using my own soundtrack.

Both groups we're doing 20 minutes running. Phase 1 will get to split it up into four blocks of five minutes, with 1 minute breaks of walking in between. Then its:

Phase 1:

3x 1 quarter your total pressups

3x7 dorsal raises

3x7 Tricep dips

3x 1 quarter your total sit ups

30-90 secs breaks as usual

Phase 2:

3x press up max

3x10 lunges

3x sit up max

3x8 dorsal raises

~~

I really promise not to arse things up like this again. Will post in the a.m. in future.

Tomorrow, BTW is a rest day.

-Elwood Blues

I've entered a running competition this Sunday so I went running tonight. I probably won't be doing these exercises until Monday.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I've entered a running competition this Sunday so I went running tonight. I probably won't be doing these exercises until Monday.

Fair 'nough. I'm nt sure who the hell is even doing this any more besides us.

-Elwood Blues

I'm not sure I'm going to have time to do this today as an old friend is showing up. So I am probably going to offset it until tomorrow. If i find time I'll do it, but I'm guessing not and it's best to be honest.

-Elwood Blues

Well, the race went fine and my goal was to come in under 50 minutes. The preliminary time was.. 49:57. Yay!

Good effort!

I assume. :shifty:

Anyway, after my weekend break, which mainly involved being drunk, eating, and watching films about zombies, I need to get back in. As predicted even my short break left me feeling a bit slack and generally weedy. So I'm I'm just about to go out and re-do the last day on the program, which was pretty easy.

Jog walk for 20 mins: that is 5 mins jog, 1 min walk. Then

3x 1 quarter press up max

2x7 dorsal raises

2x7 tricep dips

3x 1 quarter sit up max

rests of 30-90 secs between sets

I won't bother writing up phase 2 since by the sound of things mkreku needs a rest, and anyway it's on the last page.

-Elwood Blues

Run done. Note to self, tho: don't go running on an empty stomach again. I ran flat out of energy three quarters of teh way round on the run. I kept going but it was a serious chore.

Not looking forward to this fartlek training on Wednesday.

-Elwood Blues