Exercise

Walsingham

I tried a new gym on Sunday so I'm counting that as my exercise. Mainly because it's probably 10 kilometres from where I live.

Anyhow, I'll try to run today. If my upper body soreness passes somewhat later tonight, I'll do the exercises also.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I estimated a new course today and wound up running out of running time before I got home, so I did some of the upper body stuff on the street. Mainly the pushups. My arms were wreck tired.

I don't know how I'm supposed to eb improving my upper body strength with all this. 3 times max seems impossible, and 1/3rd max is risible. I guess we'd better wait until the end of the week to check how progress is going, but I'm beginning to wonder if we shouldn't use the off days to do some simple stuff like core muscle tensing and bicep curls. Nothing actually tiring tiring, but just to develop some of the peripherals.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I don't know how I'm supposed to eb improving my upper body strength with all this. 3 times max seems impossible, and 1/3rd max is risible.
You are mad.

When it says "3x pushups max", it means you do each set until you cannot perform any more reps. Not to your theoretical max. That is with a given rest time.

On the other hand, if you are shooting for a given number of reps in each set, you should rest as much as you need to (reasonably) hit your target.

Rest days are for resting. Stick to your plan and don't be greedy!

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I don't know how I'm supposed to eb improving my upper body strength with all this. 3 times max seems impossible, and 1/3rd max is risible.
You are mad.

When it says "3x pushups max", it means you do each set until you cannot perform any more reps. Not to your theoretical max. That is with a given rest time.

On the other hand, if you are shooting for a given number of reps in each set, you should rest as much as you need to (reasonably) hit your target.

Rest days are for resting. Stick to your plan and don't be greedy!

Sir, you are clearly paying bugger all attention. The max is taken from the formally tested total, taken at the start of phase 1.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Tomorrow Im Running 5 minutes

Doing 3 Sets of 8 Squats mixed with 3 sets of 8 Bench press

3 sets of 12 Lunges mixed with 3 sets of 8 Curls

3 sets of 12 leg Presses mixed with 3 sets of 8 Over head presses

3 sets of 8 Hammer curls mixed with 3 sets of 15 dips

I will do 8 of each holding the weight and lifting arms up from the sides out, then in front and then in a motion that starts below my pelvis then goes up out and back, 8 of each. 3 sets.

Triceps reverse curls where im bent over and lifting the arm upward, pausing for a minute each time when Im extended. Mixed with the hardest exercise. Which is wrist curls sorta 25 curls/ break for a few seconds then do 25 twisters. $ sets of 25 of these, while only doing about 9 for the triceps i mentioned before.

Then I do a ab routine for 9 minutes which involves all sorts of odd looking stuff.

Followed by a protein shake and a shower.

Time at gym, usually and hour and a half by the time i get there and leave the door after taking a shower. Not too bad.

Edited by Theseus

Rest day today. i intend to do three sets of 20 curls each hand with a 8 kg weight, followed by three sets of crossover situps, say 20 per set. A crossover situp is when you put your hands behind your head and touch the elbow of your right arm to your left knee at the top of your arc, etc.

-Elwood Blues

Sir, you are clearly paying bugger all attention. The max is taken from the formally tested total, taken at the start of phase 1.
Okay, I don't understand what you're doing.

This formally tested total is the 39 pushups you did in the first page? And are you seriously shooting for 3 sets of your tested max with 30-90 secs rest in between sets?

I'm confused.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Okay, I don't understand what you're doing.

This formally tested total is the 39 pushups you did in the first page? And are you seriously shooting for 3 sets of your tested max with 30-90 secs rest in between sets?

I'm confused.

Yup. I didn't say it made sense, but it's written out in black and white. I've been doing my best to achieve it, but frankly anyone who could do that clearly didn't try hard enough in their maximum.

-Elwood Blues

Yeah, I just had been assuming that when you said "3x 'A' exercise max" it meant working to failure.

As for working to your measured max with a minute and a half rest between sets...

unpossible.jpg

Sometimes I think bits of our training are simply to make us hurt really badly. the one thing I know for certain is that an Army PTI wouldn't think twice about making me do my total three times in a row like that. So I may as well train for it.

-Elwood Blues