What are you playing now?

SteveThaiBinh

Mistrusting Aliens that you even fought in a war is not xenophobia - it's just plain rationality. And caution.

It is xenophobia and none of the other humans bitched about it.

Isn't xenophobia fear of strangers? If there was a war they don't count as strangers.

Mistrusting Aliens that you even fought in a war is not xenophobia - it's just plain rationality. And caution.

And how many of them had any personality?

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Isn't xenophobia fear of strangers? If there was a war they don't count as strangers.

Semantics. The point is that I hated her because the "I hate aliens" was pretty much her whole shtick.

If you were fine with it, more power to you, she annoyed the hell out of me. I really wish you don't have to have the whole crew of misfits on the ship this time, I'd just love to boot them(ice planet Kirk style) if they annoy me too much.

No personality is less annoying than having the character be so one dimensional that all they talk about is their one shtick

Edited by Purkake

Mass, Shadow Complex, and son Murmurasa (my copy's in the mail).

And i hated Kaiden even before i played the game, because of his VA xDD

Me too. God, they need to stop using him.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Just out of curiosity, why don't you like Ashley? I personnally like her a lot more than Liara, I think Liara is boring.

She was exactly like that chick from Third Rock from the Sun... only not alien.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Still EU3, doing a trading/colonising empire with the Dutch.untitled.JPG

Man, that must have taken some serious war score to wrest that kind of stuff from the big blue blob of death :)

My Byzantine empire makes up the eastern Mediterranean and parts of Arabia. I control Rome, Jerusalem and Mecca for some nice bonuses. I still havent had the guts to start a border war with France yet. Fortunately for me, Bohemia broke the Transsylvanian empire apart, so I can now pinch a few of their southern provinces, hopefully drawing Croatia into the conflict too. Some complicated diplomacy. I want to conquer Croatia, but they are allied with France. However, they are also allied with Transylvania, so if I declare war on the latter, I might ending up taking both without going to war with France :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

By the late 1600s I was over-stocked with money, colonies and every kind of resource, and HRE gave me a massive force-limit. So I waited until the French got into a big war with Aragon; infiltrated the administration and then DOW'd. My navies were able to go around intercepting a lot of troops moving around in fleets between continent and colony, and I ended up rolling over all of France with about 200,000 troops (lost a third or so on the way, then disbanded another third after I hemmorhaged thousands of ducats on maintenance). Luckily all their colonies were adjacent to mine, so I had 99% war score, except for their one province somewhere near the Black Sea. Most of the provinces you see there are undeveloped colonies only worth 2%, though, and I immediately had to release Hainaut, Luxembourg and Dauphine to get below the BB limit.

Really once you hit that point where you have the resources to protect everything, upkeep everything and still have enough leftover for emergencies, you're no longer in danger. I spent about fifty years before that war colonising Brazil, Mexico, West Africa, Madagascar and Indonesia, studiously converting everyone to the Reformed faith (and playing international ping-pong with rebels until it finished).

You're going all-European, it seems? Wade into Italy, that'll cause a big ruckus. :aiee:

xenophobe Ashley.

She does give a good reason for her doubts for aliens if you talk to her, and the reason is pretty believable to me. And you can make her change if you want. If you do that, she want's to save the council at the end, instead of let them die.

Forces of Corruption (great, cept I cannot mod it, because the link Bos_Hybrid sent me uses FileFront, which my Internet will not get near), and SimCity 3000 Ultimate (got it for 5 bucks!).

modb EAW/FOC mods

She does give a good reason for her doubts for aliens if you talk to her, and the reason is pretty believable to me. And you can make her change if you want. If you do that, she want's to save the council at the end, instead of let them die.

A far better character then the Liara.

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

A far better character then the Liara.

QFT.

Both of youse, in fact

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Still playing Company of Heroes, which is basically like playing your own version of Saving Private Ryan.

I love almost everything about it, especially out-of-control Hanomags veering out of control and exploding after you've machine-gunned them.

The mission difficulty is inconsistent - I've just done the para mission taking out the V2 battery (very easy) and now I'm trying to hold a small village from a whole SS Panzer Division with three men and a dog (very tough). It doesn't matter, though, because it's just so much fun.

The game and both expansions came in the gold pack for UK

sonsofgygax.JPG

Still playing Company of Heroes, which is basically like playing your own version of Saving Private Ryan.

I love almost everything about it, especially out-of-control Hanomags veering out of control and exploding after you've machine-gunned them.

The mission difficulty is inconsistent - I've just done the para mission taking out the V2 battery (very easy) and now I'm trying to hold a small village from a whole SS Panzer Division with three men and a dog (very tough). It doesn't matter, though, because it's just so much fun.

The game and both expansions came in the gold pack for UK

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Semantics. The point is that I hated her because the "I hate aliens" was pretty much her whole shtick.

If you were fine with it, more power to you, she annoyed the hell out of me. I really wish you don't have to have the whole crew of misfits on the ship this time, I'd just love to boot them(ice planet Kirk style) if they annoy me too much.

No personality is less annoying than having the character be so one dimensional that all they talk about is their one shtick

I agree. I'm not one for killing potentially XP giving NPC's but they were asking for it.

kill-em-all.jpg

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

And that xenophobia was just godsend.

And that, folks, is a textbook application of our patented "How to discredit anyone, anywhere, anytime"® method! Just follow these easy steps:

1. Buzzword

2. Mischaracterization

3. ????

4. PROFIT!!!

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

:sorcerer:

Okay, I know we are discussing about underdeveloped game character here, but I'm going to say this anyway:

Ashley has a problem with aliens, because her grandfather is the only human commander who has ever surrendered to alien forces, and she and her family has received crap about it ever since. She doesn't like aliens because she doesn't know better. It's ignorance, not evil fanatical hatered towards aliens because she thinks humans are superior. That's understandable, right? Not nice nor preferable, but understandable.

And all who label her as an evil nazi who wants to exterminate all aliens, because they haven't thought about why she doesn't like aliens, well guess what? That's also ignorance :x

It's not black & white world out there.