What are you playing now?

SteveThaiBinh

Quick question: Can I use this 1.13 mod also on the Steam version of JA2?

I've read that the Steam version of JAg 2 is somewhat buggy. It's missing files or something.

That's not based on any personal experience though. Just wha tI've read at places like Bear's Pit.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Yeah GOG version has everything, Steam version and other such version are missing somethings not to mention that they're archived differently so you have to manually extract things and you have a big chance of breaking things.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Oooo, I missed a JA2 discussion! My all-time favorite game!

But at the moment I'm playing Gothic 3, since I learned the community patches had fixed most of the glitches. I'm enjoying it. The story and character interaction certainly isn't as lovingly crafted as Gothic 2, but it's a fun sandbox game. Huge, beautiful world. I don't think it's even possible to see everything unless willing to devote several hundred hours of exploration. I'm glad I decided to give it a try.

Half Life. I WAS trying to re-play Mass Effect AND NOT GET THE ^%$@*%$ Ashley romance, and after 2 re-tries I STILL get the romance. WHY Bioware WHY!?

ugh.. SO I asked on the forums for some pointers and so far none of them work. I have one more suggestion that *might* work. But now I am burned out on re-starting Mass Effect for the 3rd fracking time, SO I give up.

Also have Blue shift and the other expansion for Half Life. Fun stuff. Sure wish WISH Black Mesa was finished by now. *cry*

Half Life. I WAS trying to re-play Mass Effect AND NOT GET THE ^%$@*%$ Ashley romance, and after 2 re-tries I STILL get the romance. WHY Bioware WHY!?

ugh.. SO I asked on the forums for some pointers and so far none of them work. I have one more suggestion that *might* work. But now I am burned out on re-starting Mass Effect for the 3rd fracking time, SO I give up.

Also have Blue shift and the other expansion for Half Life. Fun stuff. Sure wish WISH Black Mesa was finished by now. *cry*

FemShep, it's the only way to be sure.

FemShep, it's the only way to be sure.

Does the romance still work if you treat her like dirt the entire game, though?

I finished Drakensang, and have nothing new to play at the moment. Maybe I'll replay Drakensang with a new class.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

To get Ashley, you just need to be kind to her and say no to Liara, and vice versa. If you are nice to both of them, they should confront you and make you choose. There was a bug in the confrontation, but it should work with everybody with 1.02 patch.

I got both in my first playhtrough, and when I chose "Can't I have both of you?", Ashley got pissed and walked away. Too bad, I never got to see the bonkie scene with her.

You didn't miss anything. I haven't seen the Liara version and I can't say I feel like I have missed anything important.

I got both in my first playhtrough, and when I chose "Can't I have both of you?", Ashley got pissed and walked away. Too bad, I never got to see the bonkie scene with her.

You didn't miss anything. I haven't seen the Liara version and I can't say I feel like I have missed anything important.

There's always youtube if anyone is interested...

I did. Ashley's really a female dog. There should've been a renegade option there to pop a hole in her skull.

:p

Just out of curiosity, why don't you like Ashley? I personnally like her a lot more than Liara, I think Liara is boring.

I did. Ashley's really a female dog. There should've been a renegade option there to pop a hole in her skull.

:p

Just out of curiosity, why don't you like Ashley? I personnally like her a lot more than Liara, I think Liara is boring.

Because they tried to give Ashley a personality, unlike blue sex-toy Liara. ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

for the sex scenes, they're all the exact same with the models interchanged.

Well, except for the post-sex discussion "Certainly gives new meaning to "drop and give me 20""

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The biggest dilemma in Mass Effect (for me) was choosing which annoying douche to kill off.. I couldn't really stand either of them.. Luckily everyone in the game seemed to think that my long hesitation was due to the fact that I cared.

Fortune favors the bald.

The biggest dilemma in Mass Effect (for me) was choosing which annoying douche to kill off.. I couldn't really stand either of them.. Luckily everyone in the game seemed to think that my long hesitation was due to the fact that I cared.

I'm totally with you on this.

Crybaby Kaiden vs xenophobe Ashley.

I liked Ashley, she was a no-nonsense woman. Hard to find these days...

And that xenophobia was just godsend.

Ugh, I really hope she remains dead in my game.

What xenophobia? Are you on crack? She just doesn't like Aliens. So what? I wouldn't trust Aliens either.

You answered your own question. You might have liked it, but I found it annoying.

Well human nature is annoying but it's unavoidable :D

And i hated Kaiden even before i played the game, because of his VA xDD

And dead people will remain dead. Guess that means Wrex too if you wacked him.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.