What are you playing now?

SteveThaiBinh

She's just your average Republican army chick, holding petty grudges over the forces that kicked grandaddy's behind. Maybe instead she should've been ashamed for grandaddy's incompetence/cowardice in battle.

I could quote myself now, but that would be too obvious. If you would talk to her in game or read the dialog somewhere, you would see that you are wrong. But if you want to hold on the opinion that Ashley is evil/petty extremeist with both hands, by all means :sorcerer:

Ashley was fine, much better than Liara actually, but the romance options were still cheap.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Ashley is a deep, well developed character. She knows poetry.

There should've been an option to at least boot her off the ship once you become the Captain.

Wait, wait, wait. Giving the player choice in a Bio game?

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

It is xenophobia and none of the other humans bitched about it.

:)

Okay, I know we are discussing about underdeveloped game character here, but I'm going to say this anyway:

Ashley has a problem with aliens, because her grandfather is the only human commander who has ever surrendered to alien forces, and she and her family has received crap about it ever since. She doesn't like aliens because she doesn't know better. It's ignorance, not evil fanatical hatered towards aliens because she thinks humans are superior. That's understandable, right? Not nice nor preferable, but understandable.

And all who label her as an evil nazi who wants to exterminate all aliens, because they haven't thought about why she doesn't like aliens, well guess what? That's also ignorance :ermm:

It's not black & white world out there.

Change aliens to black people or Jews. Is it still ok?

Change aliens to black people or Jews. Is it still ok?

I said "understandable" not ok.

I would understand the point of view in both cases. If you hate the hater, aren't you a hater too? In these things you should always try to understand the oppositions point of view.

Edit:

Hurlshot summed it up nicely.

Edited by Slinky

She whined more than Carth, honestly.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I also said she was annoying, not the next Hitler.

My point is:

She doesn't like aliens, because she is ignorant.

If somebody labels her as xenophobic, without trying to understand her point of view, doesn't that make that somebody also ignorant?

That's what I'm saying, things arent always extreme cases. Hitler and such are. You can do a lot more good if you react with understanding, not with hatered.

I also said she was annoying, not the next Hitler.

My point is:

She doesn't like aliens, because she is ignorant.

If somebody labels her as xenophobic, without trying to understand her point of view, doesn't that make that somebody also ignorant?

That's what I'm saying, things arent always extreme cases. Hitler and such are. You can do a lot more good if you react with understanding, not with hatered.

None of that changes the fact that I found her to be annoying, which was my original point. I don't care if she's annoying because aliens killed her family and burned down her village or just because she's a rich spoiled brat.

I'm deeply sorry that I don't take greater interest in the fictional lives of fictional characters in a video game. I really hope she won't do anything crazy without my understanding and compassion.

Edited by Purkake

None of that changes the fact that I found her to be annoying, which was my original point. I don't care if she's annoying because aliens killed her family and burned down her village or just because she's a rich spoiled brat.

I'm deeply sorry that I don't take greater interest in the fictional lives of fictional characters in a video game. I really hope she won't do anything crazy without my understanding and compassion.

Well, you throwed the word "xenophobic" so much that it was easy to get the wrong impression.

And a kitten will die every minute without your understanding and compassion :)

Hmmm, did anyone feel any compassion to any character in Mass Effect?

Hmmm, did anyone feel any compassion to any character in Mass Effect?

Every time I blowed Kaidan up with the nuke, I was first like "crap". About 5 min later I didn't even remember that he ever existed :)

Has anyone felt compassion for any character in ANY game?

I know I felt pretty bad when that French scientist chick in System Shock 2 got killed in the hangar due to my mistake.

Delacroix?

It does kind of suck when people die because of your mistakes, but usually you can avoid it or it's just expandable RTS sprite-people.

Edited by Purkake

I know I felt pretty bad when that French scientist chick in System Shock 2 got killed in the hangar due to my mistake.

Delacroix?

It does kind of suck when people die because of your mistakes, but usually you can avoid it or it's just expandable RTS sprite-people.

Yes, Delacroix. And no, the character really grew on me. And just about when I was to meet her in person, she dies. That sucked.

Delacroix?

Yes, Delacroix. And no, the character really grew on me. And just about when I was to meet her in person, she dies. That sucked.

That sounds like Polito, actually.