What are you playing now?

SteveThaiBinh

Never played JA2?

For shame :shifty:

I played it, and hate it. Kill me with fire, plebs.

I always wanted to play Giants: Citizen Kabuto, but never got around to. It's supposed to be really awesome.

The only game where one can play as a blue, topless chick with a sword & bow (future BioWare games not included).

There's also a giant wrestler dude and British humor, right?

And YAN, THE SAMURAI SMARTIE!

Never played JA2?

For shame :shifty:

I played it, and hate it. Kill me with fire, plebs.

I'm sure a pimped out FN P90 would do the job just fine :wacko:

Why do you hate it, though?

It's certainly not for everyone, but hate is a strong word.

For some reason the game seamed to "remember" enemy hits even after a save game. On one occasion, there was a field and 4-6 trees between us, so a good 10-20 rounds have gone by without anyone scoring a hit. I save the game, two rounds later one enemy hits the medic (I think she died too). So, load game, 2 rounds, and the medic gets hit again. Load game, again. And again and again and again.

Apart from the above, it's not my kind of game.

Edited by Oner

I can totally see your point, though. I don't really like racing/sports games with a few exceptions(Carmageddon, Flatout)

BG&E & Giants have some fun racing mini-games. Pity there wasn't any beach volleyball, though.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I can totally see your point, though. I don't really like racing/sports games with a few exceptions(Carmageddon, Flatout)

BG&E & Giants have some fun racing mini-games. Pity there wasn't any beach volleyball, though.

I hated the race part in BG&E. I'm just not good with limited time situations and I get easily frustrated after a couple of tries.

I'm just not good with limited time situations and I get easily frustrated after a couple of tries.

Haha then you should try the time limited missions in GTA3. Brainspasm guaranteed :ermm:

I'm just not good with limited time situations and I get easily frustrated after a couple of tries.

Haha then you should try the time limited missions in GTA3. Brainspasm guaranteed :ermm:

San Andreas was horrible enough. Ugh that toy airplane mission and the "don't scratch the car" type stuff drove me crazy.

Maybe they are using a lame randomizer?

IIRC Jagged Alliance saves the random number generator's seed when you save your game. I believe this is working as designed to prevent people from trying to shoot someone, seeing the results, and saving/loading until you get a result that you want.

At first glance, it seems like Oner doesn't like the game because it doesn't let him game/cheat the system :ermm:

Well, he does say "apart from that" so probably not.

Edited by alanschu

Why would you save at the end of a turn? I usually cheat the system when I go hand to hand or knife, because I think it's a bit messed up to sneak behind a guy, knife him three times, and not actually kill him. So I'll save beforehand, and if I can't get a kill, I'll just use my guns.

I beat Baldur's Gate. Took me way too long to finish the final battle, it wasn't really fun after awhile. I was at level 6 and I was just getting my butt handed too me way too often. Probably needed another level or two, I suppose.

It's easy enough to beat the system by doing something else before shooting.

What? You mean you drag a peon (Peon: very lov level mercs that cost no money or up to 150 a day that you use as mules for your logistic train, random militia trainers, territary repairers and such) just to leave him/her at the edge of the map with the sole purpose of "save, shoot, reload if miss, make the peon spend some ap to change the randomised outcome and shoot again"???

You cheater! :lol:

EDIT: Before 1.13, enemies used to work like I described before. With 1.13 the enemies do use (and are affected) by the stuff in their inventory like NVGs, Sun glasses, Armor, camo kits and so on. Also with 1.13 nearly half of the regulars and most of the elites spawn with realistic gear (Armor, decent mix of weapons per 20man unit including mgs and support weapons).

In 1.13, every enemy has a small chance for each item he carries to drop if you don't check the "drop all" which results in 5 or 6 drops per 20 enemies. I don't like this much becouse I am generally very unlucky and get secondary (armor, nvg etc) or territary (F/A kits, random loot stuff) drops most of the time.

Then again if you check the "drop all" and manage a good and agressive play for the first few days, you get countered with Elite mercs equipped with better weapons (than your stage of the game.) this can lead onto some really good gear and easy battles. However, as you progress, you will notice that holding onto your acquisations will become much much harder than acquiring them. Defence battles suck, especially when your assault team is away attacking another city.

Edited by cronicler

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

It's easy enough to beat the system by doing something else before shooting.

What? You mean you drag a peon (Peon: very lov level mercs that cost no money or up to 150 a day that you use as mules for your logistic train, random militia trainers, territary repairers and such) just to leave him/her at the edge of the map with the sole purpose of "save, shoot, reload if miss, make the peon spend some ap to change the randomised outcome and shoot again"???

You cheater! :lol:

I mean have someone change pose/move/reload weapon after reloading the save and then take the shot with the newly randomized chance.

I think it used to work at least some time ago... :p

I mean have someone change pose/move/reload weapon after reloading the save and then take the shot with the newly randomized chance.

I think it used to work at least some time ago... :lol:

Oh I forgot to mention, I moved the girl even farther away, and she still got hit.

I think it used to work at least some time ago... :lol:

Oh I forgot to mention, I moved the girl even farther away, and she still got hit.

I hate that kind of stuff. It's much more fun to have random crazy stuff happen, Fallout style.

That's why you have to use cover. And when you hit the enemy the same way it all good right?

and 1.13 you can decide how and what the enemies carry and drop. It's all in the XML. Drop all is a requirement only for HAM and other ammo wasting features nowadays so very popular on Bearpit.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

That's why you have to use cover. And when you hit the enemy the same way it all good right?

there was a field and 4-6 trees between us
/rolleyes

And what kind of question is that? The medic died. You know, DEAD. I didn't see any resurrection spells.

there was a field and 4-6 trees between us
/rolleyes

And what kind of question is that? The medic died. You know, DEAD. I didn't see any resurrection spells.

I still say your incompetence killed her. :p And trees aren't that good of a cover. They never were.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

And trees aren't that good of a cover. They never were.

Unless you can right up behind them prescisely opposite the shooter. Then they are almost perfect cover. Until the shooter moves.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

EDIT: Before 1.13, enemies used to work like I described before. With 1.13 the enemies do use (and are affected) by the stuff in their inventory like NVGs, Sun glasses, Armor, camo kits and so on. Also with 1.13 nearly half of the regulars and most of the elites spawn with realistic gear (Armor, decent mix of weapons per 20man unit including mgs and support weapons).

It's been so long since I played 1.07/1.12 that I can't remember what it was like.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I still say your incompetence killed her. :p And trees aren't that good of a cover. They never were.
Ah yes, since JA comes with a special helmet that measures competence (in Kelvin no less) and increases the enemy's hit chance by the negative of the competence value. Any more BS to add?

Playing Eversion by the way. The maker is a sick person indeed.