Walkthrough Trailer #2

Possibly the best trailer yet. Very awesome.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Great trailer, but I noticed that as far as customizing MT's face goes, the only things you can change are hair styles and beards. Are we able to change the face at the start of the game or is that the "default" MT that we are stuck with throughout the game?

I like the little cilp of Mike fighting barefoot in pjamas (around 0:28). I'm a big sucker for the whole "hero stripped of his weapons and tools, surviving on wit and skill alone" cliche-- hopefully we'll get to do some of that!

@ 1:32, I wonder if Smirnoff paid for that product shot...

Weapon mod effects:

Silencer decreased damage from 5 to 4. Good.

Laser sight raised accuracy from 7 to 9, and stability from 6 to 7 (due to the increase in mass, I guess).

Extended magazine increased ammunition from 4 to 6, but decreased stability from 7 to 6. (any help here from the gun nuts?)

Custom grip increased accuracy from 9 to 10.

The armors didn't seem to have any stats entered yet.

The description of the Fury ability at 3:07 is entertainingly unfinished.

@ 4:31, is that a non-caucasian Thorton?

I'd imagine the gun's stability would be the other way around. The laser sight moves the gun's center of mass away from your hand, while the extended magazine would move it closer to your hand.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

It looks good overall. I like that we'll be writing e-mails. I've always been a fan of little stuff like that.

Only thing that looks *really* wonky is the whole "I'm powering up!" animation which seems to be used for some abilities, like Fury in the video. It looks silly and just seem unnecessary... Some form of feedback that you've started an ability is good, but eh.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Only thing that looks *really* wonky is the whole "I'm powering up!" animation which seems to be used for some abilities, like Fury in the video. It looks silly and just seem unnecessary...

fury.jpg

20795.jpg

Weapon mod effects:

Silencer decreased damage from 5 to 4. Good.

Laser sight raised accuracy from 7 to 9, and stability from 6 to 7 (due to the increase in mass, I guess).

Extended magazine increased ammunition from 4 to 6, but decreased stability from 7 to 6. (any help here from the gun nuts?)

Custom grip increased accuracy from 9 to 10.

As far as silencers go what little I know of them is that they decrease range not necessarily damage. However, a decrease in damage could easily be due to a decrease in muzzle velocity which some silencers do. It is important to note that for a handful of guns that where designed to use silencers, the silencer doesn't really hurt the guns effectiveness in any way.

The laser sight increasing stability makes absolutely no sense to me. They increase accuracy, thats about it.

The extended mag shown in the video doesn't appear like it would hurt stability that much. I suppose some of the larger mags that stick out quite a ways could possibly hurt stability but I personally have never used an extended mags so this is mostly guess work.

A custom grip increasing accuracy....once again I don't know who thought this up. Custom grips make a gun more comfortable to hold/use so it seems more likely that it would improve stability not accuracy.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

The execution of Fury special indeed could use a much better form of presentation than the 'roar' animation.

Probably it may be too late to change anything by this stage, it would be better if they had taken Stranglehold's cue for its execution of specials.

Edited by Zoma

One thing I'd like to see removed is the changed reputation prompts, or at least make them optional. They turn the NPC relationships into a metagame and make it harder to empathize with the characters.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The execution of Fury special indeed could use a much better form of presentation than the 'roar' animation.

Probably it may be too late to change anything by this stage, it would be better if they had taken Stranglehold's cue for its execution of specials.

I'd suggest something like Mike flexing his muscles, like Solidus in Metal Gear Solid 2, when he powers up his suit.

around 2:10

A great trailer for what's shaping up to be a great game.

E-mails with multiple possible replies! I wasn't expecting any of that in the game.

The attention to detail in the interface design reminds me a lot of Deus Ex. Instead of going for immersion breaking bland screens, they're really trying to make it all look like feasible interfaces in the real world.

I'd also hope for a way to disable the reputation notifications, though I like how they are handled (small font, fading quickly, without any huge icon showing up).

The various armours and armour mods look great. Graphically there's either been a great improvement or just an improvement in the resolution of the videos, eheh.

As always, the achilles heel is the animation. The roar animation made me cringe, and the way Mike was walking in the house sometimes looked too stilted, but the rest looked fine. Presentation-wise, I think this video might change people's opinions, of those who thought it looked terrible. Models are looking very sharp and the textures look good. Faces in particularly are looking better and better.

Interaction with the mementos of the trade is such a great little detail. They really want this game to succeed. I hope it does.

Edited by Solivagant

Dragonblade of the Obsidian Order

No sleep for the Watcher

I thought the Fury animation was cheesy in a good way, I like it :)

This is definitely a preorder game for me. Apart from my inability to preorder locally at the moment, the only other thing stopping me is that I have yet to see or hear anything of the PS3 version. I'd prefer to get the PS3 version over the X360, so I guess I'll wait for a little longer...

Edit: forgot the crucial. WOW this game looks SWEET!

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I"m very close to preordering this game. The only thing holding me back is that I want to see more missions that involve interaction with characters. I mean, interaction that doesn't involve shooting them. Like a James Bond style-mission where you take a girl to dinner, or talk your way through a meeting with powerful warlords or something. Gameplay that focuses on using your head rather than your guns.

Opinions are the root of all evil.