Walkthrough Trailer #2

I didn't notice any "sell" options during the Clearinghouse section. I'm assuming Mike will have some way of getting rid of equipment he doesn't want?

Or it could be like The Witcher, where bartering for big ticket items is primarily one-way only.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Used guns store... doesn't sound like a half bad idea.

I guess you could sell weapons to a black market dealer, but definitely not a high-tech handler.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Looking at some of the inventory screens from the dev diaries (DD#2, ~ 1/3 of the way in, etc), I noticed that there are "Quantity Owned" fields and such, so perhaps there will be room for quite a bit of buying and selling.

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Good comments all around and my favorite AP video so far. Now all I want is to forget about this game till October comes. The anticipation is just too PAINFULL!

Yeah, those damn marketing people, master torturers of the information age!

The pistol laser sight looks incredibly goofy. All I want is a simple laser sight mounted under the barrel. A pistol scope on a semi-auto looks very overkill.

Agreed. Pistol laser sights can be fun if your sport shooting a .22, but in all practicality it really takes away the conceal ability that handguns are known for.

A scope on a handgun = terrible.

Also, the fury animation = funny, but seems more like a joke than something to be taken seriously. Obsidian you should definitely try and make the animation cooler while taking away the silliness of it.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

I find it interesting that everyone is talking about the fury animation when it was the "shrugging off rain" animation we saw in just about every single scene where he wasn't shooting someone, etc.

Hopefully this is something they are still in the process of ironing out before release.

Replaying Deus Ex right now (well, to be technical an awesome full conversion mod for it called THe Nameless Mod) and this classic game has NO selling of items in it.

At first that may seem odd, just because selling items in stores is such a strong RPG convention. But if you think about it , actually I'm pretty sure the system works better.

For starters, the player doesn't have to bother collecting endless useless sidearms , because there is no point to it [when you can't sell them back.] You'll never bother collecting any gun that isn't your best weapon in each category -- this eliminates clutter (which plagued Mass Effect , for example). And on a more semi-realistic note, how many stores actually buy stuff back from people anyways?

Not having selling also allows the designers to better balance the potential amount of money available to the players in the game.

I don't bring this up because I mean to say it is bad that AP has it, just wanted to bring it up because ya, selling is such a commonplace RPG design convention that is one of those things that no one seems to actually consider if it is a good mechanic or not -- it just gets put in.

Regarding the gametrailers comments on the graphics being sub-par, I'm sort of disappointed to read those as well. First off I rather have 1 game with great gameplay, then 10 games that look great that aren't that fun (*cough* Assassin's Creed *ahem*). Second, I imagine that many of those people are just comparing any game to like the 2-3 games with absolute top graphics (and massive budgets), that AP could not reasonably compete against. For me, the graphics look fine.

Edited by kreese12

For concealability, yes. For shooting things that are far away, they are pretty good. That is why there are many of them made for revolvers and semi-autos with a variety of mounting methods. It just needs to be an actual pistol scope set up with proper eye relief.

For concealability, yes. For shooting things that are far away, they are pretty good. That is why there are many of them made for revolvers and semi-autos with a variety of mounting methods. It just needs to be an actual pistol scope set up with proper eye relief.

I just don't want to be penalized in-game for not wanting something looking that ridiculous.

A pistol with a scope isn't very spy-like, and honestly, it just looks goofy.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

I just don't want to be penalized in-game for not wanting something looking that ridiculous.

If using it offers greater functionality then of course you are going to be penalised by not using it. Whether or not you like the way it looks is irrelevant.

If using it offers greater functionality then of course you are going to be penalised by not using it. Whether or not you like the way it looks is irrelevant.

Obviously, that's why I'm expressing my disappointment.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

A pistol with a scope isn't very spy-like, and honestly, it just looks goofy.

Any weapon bigger than a small handgun is not "very spy-like". Laser sights also aren't "very spy-like", typically being used by LEOs/SWAT. The fact that you're talking about this specific weapon/mod combo instead of dual-wielded SMGs is a pretty clear indicator that you just don't like the way a semi-auto handgun looks with a scope, regardless of whether or not it's spy-appropriate (it isn't, like most of the stuff Mike uses) or functional (it is). When you started this general topic of discussion, you just flat out stated, "Pistols don't use scopes."

But this was also a few weeks after you wrote, "[Mike's invisibility power is no] more silly than being able to freeze time, aim three shots, and unleash them all at once. Or shoot your SMG's without reloading for a period of time. Or slow down time and cause your CQC to become superpowered.

"Really, it's not a critical gameplay mechanic, and groaning about it is nitpicky."

All you have to do is say that you just don't like the way it looks and leave it at that. You don't need to find some weird circular route to justify it; saying you dislike it purely on aesthetic grounds is fine.

By the way, when will you guys show us the Bond-like gadgets? I was surprised when I noticed that no one talked about them yet.

Or there won't be any?

I believe that noisemaker arrows noisemaker device and water arrows EMP grenades have been mentioned.

20795.jpg