What are you playing now?

Gorth

Don't be such an elitist. I'm sure there's a perfectly valid story reason why a goon would hang out in the Megaton pub and try to convince every stranger to pass by that nuking the whole town is a good idea.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Don't be such an elitist. I'm sure there's a perfectly valid story reason why a goon would hang out in the Megaton pub and try to convince every stranger to pass by that nuking the whole town is a good idea.

The love letter twist with that guy was a nice touch.

Project origin. I've stopped being frightened when I'm supposed to weirdly. I think it's because in FEAR you were scared because an 8 year old girl was blowing everything to kingdom come, while in FEAR 2 she only shows up as a static character (most of the time) and then you probably miss half of her appearances because you aren't looking the correct direction. They also have you running around shooting at ghostly apparitions (which makes them not scary because you're not vulnerable to them) and other toys. Probably the only thing that gets me even emotional is the freaking undead guys who are puppet masters for corpses and take a heap of ammo to put down, and then I'm simply frustrated rather than scared.

I think if they had more Alma actually DOING stuff (like ripping people apart or making them melt) people would be more scared.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The exploration is much better in FO3. Plus it is great that the hideous learn-by-doing crap has been replaced by a more conventional XP system Plus there some common sense things like minimum skil requirements to perform certain tasks. It actually feels like skills are worthwhile. Plus my pc has actually died several times when means the world is actually a scary place, which is nice.

I still don't get the feeling though that Bethesda really understands how to put together a compelling crpg experience. They put all these pieces in place, pieces that generally work ok on their own, but there seems to be no unifying force or vision binding it all together. Or something.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I still don't get the feeling though that Bethesda really understands how to put together a compelling crpg experience. They put all these pieces in place, pieces that generally work ok on their own, but there seems to be no unifying force or vision binding it all together. Or something.

I can agree with that. Fallout 3 is also the closest they have come to bringing it together, but it's not perfect. But there is some comfort in knowing that Fallout 4 will be a solid construction, even if it might not be inspired art.

The exploration is much better in FO3.

The only part I enjoyed and that gets old fast.

"Look, an entirely new subway station, unlike any you've seen before!"

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

When I started exploring outside Vault 101 and came upon something I couldn't open because my lockpick skill wasn't high enough, I almost stood up and applauded. It took Bethesda how long to figure that out?

"You need a lockpick skill of 25 to open this lock"

Yay!

It's not freaking rocket science. Skill levels need to have a purpose or don't put them in the the freaking game.

Of course, I fully expect that in ES5, I'll be opening the hardest locks in the game with only a 5 skill in lockpicking. Again.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Fallout 3. I think I found all of the inner city locations.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

So while I'm waiting for Alpha Protocol, I guess I'll just play through Bioshock. For the 7th time. In a row.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

D_N, Pop and I had a game of Left 4 Dead going earlier. D_N was taken down by a huge mob of zombies during the finale leaving the three Pop, myself and another guy alive. We managed to last till the helicopter easily although the third guy was a little low on health. Right after the second tank I made a break for the helipad and covered the other two as they came running. The third guy got pounced by a hunter, but I managed to shoot the hunter off before it did too much damage. Pop went straight for the copter as third guy got boomered. I shouted for him to just run to the copter. Just as he ran past me, I get caught by a smoker and those two jerks just sat there in the copter and let me die. It would have taken all of two seconds for one of them to jump out and shoot the smoker in the head before it incapped me, but noooooo...

Bastards... Wish I got a picture of it...

Rise of the Argonauts, looking past the abundance of technical flaws, so far I don't understand the terrible metacritic score, maybe I shall later.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Still Mass Effecting.

Does anyone know when Drakensong will be released in NA?

D_N, Pop and I had a game of Left 4 Dead going earlier. D_N was taken down by a huge mob of zombies during the finale leaving the three Pop, myself and another guy alive. We managed to last till the helicopter easily although the third guy was a little low on health. Right after the second tank I made a break for the helipad and covered the other two as they came running. The third guy got pounced by a hunter, but I managed to shoot the hunter off before it did too much damage. Pop went straight for the copter as third guy got boomered. I shouted for him to just run to the copter. Just as he ran past me, I get caught by a smoker and those two jerks just sat there in the copter and let me die. It would have taken all of two seconds for one of them to jump out and shoot the smoker in the head before it incapped me, but noooooo...

Bastards... Wish I got a picture of it...

They need to read about the iterated prisoner's dilemma. I'm afraid that your only logical choice is to retaliate and let one die the next time they need help. :aiee:

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I've been playing a Diablo 2 mod, Eastern Suns. It overhauls the game in a lot of key ways - New inventory system, new skill trees, new areas, all that jazz. It's fun, and difficult, and you level up a whole lot faster. You'll be level 6 by the time you get out of the Den of Evil.

I've been replaying Knights of the Old Republic 2. One of the games that I'm extremely torn on. On one hand, what it brings over from KOTOR1 still sucks. Unfortunately this means the entire gameplay section, the combat is so goddamn dull that it's just... argh. Ruleset is a real snore, heavily dumbed down. Encounter design is generally awful.

On the other hand, while the quality certainly goes up and down, I find it quite hard to resist some of the scenes presented in the game. Confronting Atris (both times) as well as Returning to the Jedi enclave are just powerful. And Kreia is a really interesting character.

It's an uneven game to be sure, but there is quite a lot of interesting stuff to be found if one can mine beneath the rather shoddy surface and gameplay.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Now I've spent more time playing Rise of the Argonauts, I genuinely don't understand why it's scored badly, I admit it's not perfect, but it's a 7/10 so far.

1UP gave it 25 out of 100, that's absolute idiocy, I'm certainly glad I didn't bother actually reading reviews until after I played it. So far they just don't match up, at all... Its done nothing but increase my contempt for the gaming media, and the people who work in it.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I stopped reading most of the commercial review magazines, because it looked like only games with lot of add space covered in them did get high numbers... i played few of them and few of them very so crap that i just buy stuff according to customer reviews nowadays...

and yes i liked few games with average score of 5/10 aswell, was shaking with reviewers competence on that lot of times aswell...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I just got an e-mail a couple hours ago telling me that my Audiosurf high score in "Eiffel 65 - I DJ with the Fire" was beaten. Someone came along and demolished my Mono Pro score by almost 50k points. My 118,000 points was probably pretty close to the limit for Mono Pro so unfortunately I don't think I'll be getting that one back. :p

Dead Space.

Thanks to my new video card, I can actually play it.

I'm playing on easy. The monsters are slow, my inventory is full, I haven't lost any health, and I'm absolutely terrified. Yes, I'm a wimp.

I have to say that Mr. Clarke moves like a truck (complaint) and has as much personality as stale bread. It makes me long for the rich and passionate emotions of Altiar from Assassin's Creed. And it's like the two NPCs are in a contest to be the most annoying.

Why didn't they just make this a FPS?

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Dead Space.

Thanks to my new video card, I can actually play it.

I'm playing on easy. The monsters are slow, my inventory is full, I haven't lost any health, and I'm absolutely terrified. Yes, I'm a wimp.

I have to say that Mr. Clarke moves like a truck (complaint) and has as much personality as stale bread. It makes me long for the rich and passionate emotions of Altiar from Assassin's Creed. And it's like the two NPCs are in a contest to be the most annoying.

Why didn't they just make this a FPS?

This game was one reason that I believe that if you're going to have people interact with your main character, or give them a freaking name, you either have to make the interaction seem somewhat believable that this guy wouldn't talk back, or you've got to make the guy talk and give him a personality. The other game that makes this is the Half Life series... I mean Alyx must spend HOURS in front of the mirror talking to herself about anything that comes into her head.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.