What are you playing now?

Gorth

If you ever been hit in the genitals by a baseball traveling 150 km/hour, you'll understand why baseball players wear cups.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

If you ever been hit in the genitals by a baseball traveling 150 km/hour, you'll understand why baseball players wear cups.

How can anyone claim it's not a contact sport? collision's at the plate, beaned batters, break ups on base, balls hit back to the pitcher resulting in serious bodily injury.......

Ask either Mike Cameron or Carlos Beltran if baseball is a contact sport

http://wizbangblog.com/content/2005/08/11/heads-up.php

BAseball is a subtle game, and I think one has to grow up with it, especially if its a strong baseball franchise. I grew up with the Red Sox and they were a huge part of my life as a kid from about 1975 up through the mid nineties. I don't pay much attentino to sports anymore, but I stil enoy an occasional Red Sox game.

COntrary to mkreku's post, baseball IS a pretty mental sport. If you don't know what's going on, it can seem pretty boring.

Not saying it is better than other sports, but it's no worse, for sure. And there is alot more physicality to the game than most people think.

Edited by CrashGirl
Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I can actually imagine how they invented baseball:

"Goddamnit, we suck at every sport the rest of the world plays, what shall we do?!"

"I know, let's invent our OWN sport, then we'll rule!"

"Great idea! It should be made for us REAL Americans, so there can't be any running.. and no complicated rules"

"Yeah, like offside, wtf? You need to be a goddamn engineer to understand that ****!"

"How about standing around in tight clothes with a stick in your hand and throw a ball around a court? That should be fun!"

"Oh yeah! But wait a minute, won't that make us look like sissies?"

"Yeah, you're right. Wait, I know how to solve it! Let's make them all wear oversized cups despite it being a NON CONTACT SPORT!"

"Of course! That will make us look MANLY AS HELL!! Let's call it 'baseball' so it makes everyone think of our gigantic BALLS!"

"Done deal!"

I think they just decided to take Cricket and make it into a game that doesn't last three days and makes actual sense.

cricket makes sense - it's just that test cricket is deathly dull

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Its known as football over there.
It's known as a sissy ass pansy sport over here.
How can anyone claim it's not a contact sport? collision's at the plate, beaned batters, break ups on base, balls hit back to the pitcher resulting in serious bodily injury...

So people sometimes run into each other? And sometimes they get hit by a stray ball that's being thrown? And you want to call it a contact sport..?

Glide tackles are allowed in football. The only protection they have is a small piece of plastic on the front of their lower legs.

eduardo_injury.jpg

Yeah, but you're right. What's a sissy thing as your broken bone sticking out of your sock compared to getting hit by a thrown ball on your back?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Seems like we have entered the realm of the completely unrelated to video games stuff...

Lets try again here

:thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein