What are you playing now?

Gorth

There are things man was never meant to understand...

Aww, I love you Purkake. *hugs*

Anyways, I've decided to play the BG trilogy, even though I find the first game endlessly boring, and the last 'game' horribly munchkinny and devoted to combat.

I've downloaded EasyTutu and BGNPC w/ music. Then I searched through the gazzilion or so mod and found not one 'Viconia likes girls' mod.

First off, Viconia would have sex with a good looking woman in a minute. She might not fall in love. She might decide the next morning to insult and belittle that woman for chuckles, but she

Turns out the Dunwich Building isn't nearly as scary when you use the Ghoul Mask. Being able to clear a room full of ghouls with one hand grenade near the end helps as well.

But, to make the day better, I met Harold. Today was a good day. :(

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Turns out the Dunwich Building isn't nearly as scary when you use the Ghoul Mask. Being able to clear a room full of ghouls with one hand grenade near the end helps as well.

But, to make the day better, I met Harold. Today was a good day. :(

So the Dunwich building doesn't have the bastard child of Yog-Sothoth and a crazy dude in the basement? Color me surprised.

When Dragon Age comes out, I hope the modding community gets off its backside and actually does something.

You won't need to - devs will probably start coding every romance opportunity possible before release, soon.

Audiosurf showdown right now. A friend beat a couple of my high scores, so we're going back and forth right now on a number of songs. Bastard took my Metroid Metal - Crateria Surface high score. He's got at least one of my scores because I can't get a match 21 bonus on ironmode. The blocks are just a little bit too far away to get the combo.

Hmm. I've only managed to reclaim two of my four high scores. One I'm not getting back with an ironmode mono and the other I'm really close to getting, but I keep missing those one or two blocks that would put me over the top. I should go on the offensive while he's sleeping and grab his scores for a bunch of other songs instead...

Me and Deadly_Nightshade joined a modded Left 4 Dead server yesterday - I've never been pushed to my limits like that before..

It was like playing on Impossible compared to Expert. All the special infected were tougher, would hit harder and were faster (Hunters could jump quite far etc) and the normal infected would deal out alot of damage, on top of that they had increased the number of infected, so often you would come across a "rave party" of 100+ just waiting to rush you (and the AI director always saw fit to spawn a new horde while the already huge one was on top of you). I think we had almost 150-200 on screen at one time.

The survivors melee was harder as well luckily, so often the most viable strategy was to stick together and push back the endless hordes.

It was the most fun I've had in L4D yet! :thumbsup:

Fortune favors the bald.

Me and Deadly_Nightshade joined a modded Left 4 Dead server yesterday - I've never been pushed to my limits like that before..

It was like playing on Impossible compared to Expert. All the special infected were tougher, would hit harder and were faster (Hunters could jump quite far etc) and the normal infected would deal out alot of damage, on top of that they had increased the number of infected, so often you would come across a "rave party" of 100+ just waiting to rush you (and the AI director always saw fit to spawn a new horde while the already huge one was on top of you). I think we had almost 150-200 on screen at one time.

The survivors melee was harder as well luckily, so often the most viable strategy was to stick together and push back the endless hordes.

It was the most fun I've had in L4D yet! :thumbsup:

yeah. I think it'd be nice if Valve upped the overall number of zombies per horde event (well except for one or two that seem to spawn like 8 hordes over the span of 5 minutes... Gas station I'm looking at YOU!) because it always seems I hear the horde sound go off and the horde is dead in five seconds from hunting rifles killing them all in one shot.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

They could add and extra difficulty after Expert where these rules apply - tougher and more numerous opponents. Because I like Expert the way it is.

We spent almost 2 hours to get to level 4, so I don't want to play a game like that every time I log on, I just don't have the time.

Fortune favors the bald.

I realized I had Assassins; Creed still installed, and so I restarted it last night. I only got to part 2 before, and the game is just so repetitive, I can't believe the people who made the Sands of Time trilogy did this.

Despite what people say, I think all parts of SoT were excellent games. Yes, in Warrior Within, the Prince gets laughably angsty and the music can be annoying, but the gameplay is still absorbing, the environments are great, the combat is an improvement over the original, and the story works, though it's not as good as the other two games.

Assassins' Creed has elements of mature storytelling. Yes, it's science fiction, but it's more Philip K. **** (edit: famous sci-fi author and obscenity it seems) than Star Wars. Ultimately though, I found it failed to challenge or enlighten. It opened the door to big questions, but never bothered to explore them.

I haven't finished yet, but my hopes are low.

When Dragon Age comes out, I hope the modding community gets off its backside and actually does something.

You won't need to - devs will probably start coding every romance opportunity possible before release, soon.

I expect the original campaign will have heterosexual and same sex romances for both PC genders. After the NYC showing, a couple of posters who attended PMed me to say the developers were strongly hinting this was the case.

Which is both very sweet (they just took the initiative) and somewhat strange (I must come off as obsessed as they all decided to tell me.)

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Drakensang. Haven't played it long enough to have formed many opinions. Looks very much like NWN in terms of layout.... which isn't bad, since it means I don't have to become familiar with a completely new screen design.

Also picked up Mass Effect today; am hoping it'll be worth the $20 I paid for it, anyway, but I'm not expecting too much. Have installed, but the fool thing wanted internet access when I started it up; I gave it, but then the connection died while playing and I got a pop-up window saying so which caused the game to stop responding. That one'll require some fiddling just to get running properly, I suspect. Hope I won't need a crack or anything to beat it into shape, but if it comes to that... so be it.

Drakensang. Haven't played it long enough to have formed many opinions. Looks very much like NWN in terms of layout.... which isn't bad, since it means I don't have to become familiar with a completely new screen design.

Also picked up Mass Effect today; am hoping it'll be worth the $20 I paid for it, anyway, but I'm not expecting too much. Have installed, but the fool thing wanted internet access when I started it up; I gave it, but then the connection died while playing and I got a pop-up window saying so which caused the game to stop responding. That one'll require some fiddling just to get running properly, I suspect. Hope I won't need a crack or anything to beat it into shape, but if it comes to that... so be it.

Would you really feel that bad by using a crack to remove the DRM on a game you've already paid for?

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Just challenged an evil alchemist to a game of hopscotch... and lost in The Longest Journey. The game is pretty awesome so far.

Hopscotch? hmm I don't remember that part. Is it in the beginning? I remember challenging an evil alchemist in a math game

and winning because I used a calculator

Many good moments in that game - the writing/story is subtle, funny, sweet, sad and true epic at times.. One of the best games I've played I think..

Fortune favors the bald.

Empire total war... See my post in the empire thread for the full details but I FINIALLY got a heroic victory (two casualties to 115) and promptly crashed to desktop.

God I hope the auto save isn't too far back.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Just challenged an evil alchemist to a game of hopscotch... and lost in The Longest Journey. The game is pretty awesome so far.

Hopscotch? hmm I don't remember that part. Is it in the beginning? I remember challenging an evil alchemist in a math game

and winning because I used a calculator

Many good moments in that game - the writing/story is subtle, funny, sweet, sad and true epic at times.. One of the best games I've played I think..

Yeah you beat him with the calculator, but you can try a bunch of other "challenges" like Tic-Tac-Toe, Cooking contest, weight guessing...

Would you really feel that bad by using a crack to remove the DRM on a game you've already paid for?

My hesitation about using a crack stems more from the "third party" nature of such things, and the possibility of picking up a worm, virus, or trojan along with the crack, far more than because I enjoy having software I've legitimately purchased bork up my system or because I'd feel guilty about altering the product in defiance of a questionable EULA.

Is rather pathetic, too, since at one time I actually held fairly firm beliefs about that sort of thing, too. Congrats, Gaming Industry. What your DRMs have really managed to do is erode my determination not to resort to illegal measures to play the games you've made. Piracy is still a no-go for me -- will give up gaming entirely before I go that far -- but sheesh...

Edited by Magnum Opus

Well I picked up Deus Ex... its a bit dated for my taste. Reminds me of Fallout 3, but I prefer Fallout 3 by a mile, excluding VATS.

Well I picked up Deus Ex... its a bit dated for my taste. Reminds me of Fallout 3, but I prefer Fallout 3 by a mile, excluding VATS.

The combat was never all that great, but stealth with hacking is awesome. There are always some vents and secret places to crawl around and find cool stuff in. The story and characters are also pretty cool.

Fallout 3. Getting close to the end. Shot down my second vertibird.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester