What are you playing now?

Gorth

TSL. At Malachor. <3 this game.

That reminds me, Team-Gizka is almost done on the restoration pack. The next version should be release candidate 1. I have been holding off on replaying it for soo long.

Really? Their site says they still have 85 bugs left, unless they haven't been updating the site. Haven't really been following the progress in a while.

Assassin's Creed is 50% of at steam for 10 bucks. I think I might give it a whirl. I just finished playing Splinter Cell Double Agent. I love the Splinter Cell games for some reason.

Can't wait for the next one where it seems Sam will have more close combat options, which I always thought he should have just in case he got caught sneaking around.

They get new bugs with the new iterations of the mod. They have been updating the current version number.

I'm afraid I've gone and done something foolish.

I have once again installed Baldurs Gate 1 and 2 with their expansion packs and the Tutu mod and the NPC banter packs for BG Tutu. Its been years since I played these games last and I missed them.

I also installed the widescreen mod and I'm playing at 1920x1080 resolution. Contrary to what I thought, the characters don't seem all that small, but the environments stretch out so much more that it really feels like your party is wandering around in the wilderness.

This game has only gotten better with time with all these mods. I've already had funny conversations with Imoen, Xzar and Montaron. I'm trying not to play as if I know where to go and what to do. My PC is weak and he knows it so he sticks to the road and went to meet Khalid and Jaheira right away at the Friendly Arm. I made a kensai (I just like the kensai class) so its tough going. My entire party is level one and we're surviving on hit and run tactics with bows and slings with my kensai darting in to deliver a single devastating blow before retreating.

Thanks to mods, I can now direct my party members to wait at certain locations, so I'm looking forward to actually doing quests that I've never done. Like going with Eldoth to 'rescue' whats her name from the Silvershield Estate. Looks like good times ahead.

I have once again installed Baldurs Gate 1 and 2 with their expansion packs and the Tutu mod and the NPC banter packs for BG Tutu. Its been years since I played these games last and I missed them.

i'd recommend you try the BG trilogy since it works better than tutu and it seems to be more stable. it also has a big patch that puts in all the standard stuff required for play, e.g., the baldurdash fixes and a variety of the most common addons. i've played both, btw, and was immensely happier with trilogy.

the bummer, however, is that it is difficult to do the multiplayer solo cheat for BG2 only, without playing through BG1 first. i had to uninstall BGT to get my own party shoehorned into a BG2 session without trudging through BG1 first.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I broke down and bought Assassin's Creed on steam this morning before the sale ended. As much as I hate Steam, $10 is my impulse buy tipping point. Today's deal (Prince of Persia 2008) is a crappy deal. 50% off, but they still have it listed at $50 regular price. Steam is the only place I've seen selling the PC version for $50. Everywhere else has sold it for $30 starting at release.

I would have gotten it too if I had not already had a copy -in fact I paid the same amount for it-. It's a decent game and I'm hoping the sequel is as good, if not better.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Thanks to some great mods (Magna Mundi and a mod for changing the maps) I'm finally able to enjoy EU3!

I love the modding communities.. Most of my favorite games are infinitely more enjoyable now..

Fortune favors the bald.

I broke down and bought Assassin's Creed on steam this morning before the sale ended. As much as I hate Steam, $10 is my impulse buy tipping point. Today's deal (Prince of Persia 2008) is a crappy deal. 50% off, but they still have it listed at $50 regular price. Steam is the only place I've seen selling the PC version for $50. Everywhere else has sold it for $30 starting at release.

I found it painfully boring and quit at the beginning of act II.

Hope you enjoy it more.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Hope you enjoy it more.

Agreed, Assassin's Creed is the master of master of boring side missions and boring story. If it had been like Hitman, it could have been awesome.

At least Prince of Persia had Elika and an interesting ending.

Hope you enjoy it more.

Agreed, Assassin's Creed is the master of master of boring side missions and boring story. If it had been like Hitman, it could have been awesome.

An interesting ending? I don't know if interesting would be the word I would use to describe the ending.

I liked the ending to the new PoP. Can't compare to the Sands of Time ending, but it was something original and set up the next game nicely.

I thought it showed perfectly the depth of feeling the Prince had developed towards Elika and the committment towards her cause.

Its pretty much hinted throughout the game that what they're doing is really a temporary solution and that the wards would eventually weaken and break setting Ahriman(?) free. But by that time all of Elika's people would be gone and no one would have the knowledge to stop him. The Prince probably thinks that Elika losing her life over a temporary solution is a rotten deal so he breaks the seals so he'll have her knowledge in finding a more permanent solution...which is probably what the next game will be about.

Hope you enjoy it more.

An interesting ending? I don't know if interesting would be the word I would use to describe the ending.

Whether you liked it or not, they were at least trying something different than 98% of games out there. Also it seems that it has provoked some strong reactions from people.

Found Vault 106. This place gives me the creeps, but also reminds me of the first FEAR. One of the best locations yet.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I liked the ending to the new PoP. Can't compare to the Sands of Time ending, but it was something original and set up the next game nicely.

I thought it showed perfectly the depth of feeling the Prince had developed towards Elika and the committment towards her cause.

Its pretty much hinted throughout the game that what they're doing is really a temporary solution and that the wards would eventually weaken and break setting Ahriman(?) free. But by that time all of Elika's people would be gone and no one would have the knowledge to stop him. The Prince probably thinks that Elika losing her life over a temporary solution is a rotten deal so he breaks the seals so he'll have her knowledge in finding a more permanent solution...which is probably what the next game will be about.

This actually sounds more plausable than the one I got...

NOOO! The dead girl I fell for in the 2 hours we spent saving the world died again! gotta save her!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Found Vault 106. This place gives me the creeps, but also reminds me of the first FEAR. One of the best locations yet.

Try going to the Dunwich Building for another place that is creepy.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Dunwich building? Definitly my next destination. :lol:

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Dunwich building? Definitly my next destination. :lol:

Its towards the South West of Tenpenny Tower.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I suddenly pictured a group of Brotherhood of Steel paladins walking by a pool of glowing green toxic waste. Just then a black tentacle whips out, grabs the one in back, and pulls him under. A few minute later, the group pauses and wonders where the hell Sally disappeared to.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I suddenly pictured a group of Brotherhood of Steel paladins walking by a pool of glowing green toxic waste. Just then a black tentacle whips out, grabs the one in back, and pulls him under. A few minute later, the group pauses and wonders where the hell Sally disappeared to.

That's some kiddie Lost stuff.

If it were Lovecraftian, they would all get weird letters to go to the toxic waste pool. Then they would ponder over their parentage while Sally gets snagged. The morning after Sally would mysteriously reappear and tell them that Shoggoth is actually their father and they all have to go into the toxic waste to go to the stars.

Oh no! My sudden mental image doesn't measure up to HP Lovecraft! :sorcerer:

Oh no! My sudden mental image doesn't measure up to HP Lovecraft! :sorcerer:

There are things man was never meant to understand...

Aww, I love you Purkake. *hugs*

Anyways, I've decided to play the BG trilogy, even though I find the first game endlessly boring, and the last 'game' horribly munchkinny and devoted to combat.

I've downloaded EasyTutu and BGNPC w/ music. Then I searched through the gazzilion or so mod and found not one 'Viconia likes girls' mod.

First off, Viconia would have sex with a good looking woman in a minute. She might not fall in love. She might decide the next morning to insult and belittle that woman for chuckles, but she

Support for queer mods!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Aww, I love you Purkake. *hugs*

Anyways, I've decided to play the BG trilogy, even though I find the first game endlessly boring, and the last 'game' horribly munchkinny and devoted to combat.

I've downloaded EasyTutu and BGNPC w/ music. Then I searched through the gazzilion or so mod and found not one 'Viconia likes girls' mod.

First off, Viconia would have sex with a good looking woman in a minute. She might not fall in love. She might decide the next morning to insult and belittle that woman for chuckles, but she’s still get horizontal.

Secondly, what the hell has the BG moding community been doing for the last decade that there’s not *one* ‘Viconia likes girls’ mod? There are mods where you can sleep with Imoen as a woman, mods where you can romance 15 year old paladins. Five hundred mods where you can romance some loser that wasn’t even in the original trilogy, yet Viconia gets nothing? By this point, my female fight should be able to romance her, my mage should be able to have an orgy with every female joinable NPC in the game, and my male paladin should be able to thoroughly search Minsc when Boo plays hide-and-go-seek.

When Dragon Age comes out, I hope the modding community gets off its backside and actually does something. :bat:

Aww, we're all just one happy family here.

Are you sure you looked hard enough and in the right places? If there was one BG2 mod in the world, it would be to turn the one drow in the game lesbian (or schoolgirl[or furry]).

Oh well, back to the Pit of Shoggoths...

Edited by Purkake