What are you playing now?

Gorth

I've thought about recruiting a couple of folks from the Obsidz thing and doing an expert campaign. I just don't want to get one started and have to leave, since that's what normally happens. Calax mentioned that the levels are cumulative, but I don't think so. I've finished every level of Blood Harvest on expert but not in the same run. I still don't have the expert acheivement although I've finished many maps on expert by joining games in progress with PuGs. I think I've finished every map of No Mercy on expert also, but same deal. I have a lot of folks who've put me on friends, but I don't really play much multiplayer on Steam and I hate the idea that I'll start a game and leave the rest of the group hanging because I have to leave to do something after about an hour or so of play. Happens pretty frequently. One of these days, I'll just earmark the day for going through the expert maps and call on Calax to come give me a hand or something. lol

<examples>

one game i played, and i'm sure many will agree, that definitely required playing at the higher difficulties was NWN2 OC. sheesh, if you didn't have it at least on hardcore rules the game was such a cakewalk it was boooooring.

taks

I believe I played it exclusively on easy/normal difficulty. Of course, I never paused or took over my teammates.

Apparently, they're using a Gambit like system for Dragon Age, which means I can do the same there.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

My character in Fallout 3 has a nasty evil title. Most of my foul deeds involves stealing. That sure racked up quickly in negative karma.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Trying to finish up Prince of Persia.

I have no problem with the graphic, and while I admit the gameplay is easier than previous titles, that doesn't bother me. The story so far, the banter between characters, and the characters themselves strike me as weak compared to previous titles. I sometimes wish Eleka would shoot an arrow in my back.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

It was easy until they spammed quick time events.

But then I realized if you deflected or evaded hits, there wouldn't be QTEs, since they seem to be triggered when you block too much. :lol:

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I've continued my semi-abandoned Far Cry 2 session recently. I figured that it's much more fun if I use a cheat between missions! I go to town to get a mission, which usually involves me having to travel all the way across the African savannah to kill some random dude. After getting the mission objectives, I turn on unlimited health and drive away in my car. I blast my way QUICKLY through the ever spawning clone enemies (and absurdly aggressive civilians) until I reach my destination, where I turn off the cheat and solve the mission the usual way (with sneaking and a silent pistol until I get caught).

But that's really a clue as to how much the Ubisoft team screwed up the between-mission gameplay: when using a cheat actually improves the game! WHY OH WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO RESPAWN SO GODDAMN QUICKLY?? Even a small thing such as being able to take a wrong turn without having to fight the same checkpoint twice in under a minute would be such a gigantic improvement!

The game keeps track of a number of stats. I checked it and noticed that I've solved 69% of the game, all the while firing 25000 rounds of ammunition! 25000! It's because I keep going back and forth while I explore the savannah and the constant respawning forces me to fight endlessly. And I usually use the Dragunov sniper rifle, meaning that it's one shot, one kill. Horrible, I've probably killed the population of a small town by now.

I'm waiting on a mod to fix the spawn rates. I absolutely love the game, but I can't enjoy it with the entire country trying to kill me all the time. I hope one comes soon.

I'm waiting on a mod to fix the spawn rates. I absolutely love the game, but I can't enjoy it with the entire country trying to kill me all the time. I hope one comes soon.

Is there really going to be one? Or are you just hoping?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Is there really going to be one? Or are you just hoping?

There HAS to be. Never give up hope!

I'm just assuming. It sounds like the game is fairly mod friendly, and a lot of people are complaining about the spawns, so I'd be shocked if someone didn't eventually try and fix it.

Well, I kind of realized yesterday why Ubisoft Montreal made the decision to make the entire country constantly angry at you: without the constant threat of every civilian in a Fiat trying to ram you off the road, I breezed through the remainder of the game and finished it last night.

I didn't understand the ending though. I'm going to have to read up on it. Very confusing.

Edit: OK, after looking around a little it seems everyone is as confused as me. And no matter what choices you've made earlier in the game, everyone gets the same ending. A really bad ending. Oh well.

Edited by mkreku

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm just assuming. It sounds like the game is fairly mod friendly, and a lot of people are complaining about the spawns, so I'd be shocked if someone didn't eventually try and fix it.

Bah, once you have Jeep with a Grenade launcher no spawning can hurt you :D

I finished it once, found all the AKs and diamonds even. Never playing it again though.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Bah, once you have Jeep with a Grenade launcher no spawning can hurt you :D

I finished it once, found all the AKs and diamonds even. Never playing it again though.

That ultimately is the reason why the constant resapwning doesn't bother me; the game really isn't very hard. As Majek said, once you have the jeep with either of the cannons, you can just drive all over the place and blow the crap out of everythin without even leaving your jeep. Every once in a while an enemey will hit you with an rpg, but al you have to do is switch to a different jeep, of which there are plenty.

I'm not saying the the respawning is good, only that for me, it is poor game design that is mostly ignorable.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

NHL 09. My league is now in season 6, and doing aweosme. Patch is just around the corner which should fix some problems (and, likely create new ones of course, heh).

I'm having a lot of issues with crashes in my be a pro mode. The game just freezes up.

Darkfall betatesting :) but atm servers down :aiee:

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

After another long break from gaming, someone directed me to Mount and Blade. It's a completely free-form/non-linear ... hmm ... RPG-strategy? game. You can download the whole thing to try it out (lvl 8ish max) then if you like it buy the key to unlock the whole game. Or buy the DVD at the store, either way.

There's absolutely no plot/story/main questline, so if you must have that, you won't like it. There's no magic, no healing potions, no non-human enemies. The graphics work but are not special/pretty. You can ride and combat on horseback. Combat isn't just l-click button mashing, but it is very battle oriented. It's supposedly moddable but haven't tried that yet. The world/travel map reminds me of a strategy game map (think of The Summoner map traveling concept, only better/more involved).

I like it. It's like a big rpg-sandbox environment where you can ride around, trade, fight, join Kingdom factions, build rep/fortune/fiefdom unencumbered by 'save the world' stuff. RPG mechanics with strategy/group combat tactics. Not perfect, but fun.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

You should try the 100 hundred year mod.. You ally with either France or England in the ongoing battle of France.. Or you could just be a bandit (like the original game) .. I personally think it's better than the original, because the setting really fits 11th century Europe.

Fortune favors the bald.

Tried Empire Total War demo, doesn't really work at all, you'd think they'd at least do minimal testing. And what's the deal with the ships? They're supposed to be sails but work like motorized, there's no wind direction at all!

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Tried Empire Total War demo, doesn't really work at all, you'd think they'd at least do minimal testing. And what's the deal with the ships? They're supposed to be sails but work like motorized, there's no wind direction at all!

The naval battles were more fun than the actual land battle. But as usual, the Total War demos just don't really represent the full splendor of the full version.

I think I'm gonna buy the full version, playing with Austria and then try to annex Prussia. :dancing:

The battles in Total War are just a small part of the whole picture, it's hard to get much from a demo that only showcases that part of the game.

All the Total War talk made me want to re-install Rome: TW. That made me want to buy Medieval 2: TW off Steam for $20. I'm downloading it now.

I thought the demo was very promising, but I find it very difficult to get the units to go where I want them to and face the right way. You can have a perfectly aligned line of soldiers, move them 100m forward and all fo a sudden they're standing diagonaly with their backs to the enemy. Or once when it was going really bad and I had to hit the retreat button... and my soldier responded by running straight into the enemy lines and getting butchered.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "