What are you playing now?

SteveThaiBinh

I don't see Crysis graphics being surpassed for a long time, and it's going to be sad seeing games in 2010 still not looking as good as a game released in 2007

Well the CryEngine2 is still there and we've seen massive improvements on engines before in short time..

Fortune favors the bald.

I don't see Crysis graphics being surpassed for a long time, and it's going to be sad seeing games in 2010 still not looking as good as a game released in 2007

It's already been surpassed by Gears of War 2. It's art is much more striking than the ever boring jungle-military-camp stuff that Crysis displayed.

I guess you didn't play for more than 30 minutes?

Fortune favors the bald.

It's already been surpassed by Gears of War 2. It's art is much more striking than the ever boring jungle-military-camp stuff that Crysis displayed.

I guess you didn't play for more than 30 minutes?

Finished it plus finished Warhead as well. There was also this Alien ship I remember, but it was rather forgetable. The Crytek artists can never match the talent of Epic.

Edited by Morgoth

The first Gears of War had about the worst art direction in the history of forever.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

What, did they drop the wrestler monkeys dressed in foam suits design for the sequel?. Also, I remember watching a preview video for GoW2, and everything still seemed gray, gray, gray, gray, and a tad more gray.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

What, did they drop the wrestler monkeys dressed in foam suits design for the sequel?. Also, I remember watching a preview video for GoW2, and every thing still seemed gray, gray, gray, gray, and a tad more gray.

No. The environments are striking and very versatile. The underground city let me think "Oh boy, this is Planescape Torment realized in 3D".

/Snippy snip snip

Oh you complete legend, that's way more than I expected. Have to read through it all properly tomorrow evening, have an exam in the morning and I know that if I do more than skim through it now I'll end up spending all night playing attempting to put the stuff to practice. Which isn't really the best preparation really.

Thanks a lot for that though, will be a big help.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

i'm getting kinda bored of Titan Quest to be honest

i'm in Egypt and was supposed to take some scroll to some temple, yet just as i get to the temple, it's just been conveniently destroyed right before i got there...

Yeah, and when you finally give the guy the scroll, he'll send you after two other objects, but when you return to give them to him... :)

I want to start a game of Diablo II + LoD, but know that I'll become annoyed with it as well.

i've really been trying to persevere with it, but something like 8 frickin hours of the same satyrs/maenads/jackelmen is getting really really frickin boring

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Hell, I thought the Greek setting was a plus for the game. The backstory was certainly vibrant. I might be biased, I suppose, but I thought the setting was perfect for a fast and furious clickfest.

but that's just the thing, it's not fast at all :lol:

and the way the story is elaborated on is pretty meh

poorly voiced dialogue that most of the time cuts out without even finishing, so to actually find out what's going on you have to go to your quest log and read it for yourself

at least diablo has the cutscenes between acts :)

Yeah, but that doesn't mean the subject matter is a poor choice. If you're saying that you want the action to be faster and the production work to be better, what does that have to do with using Greek Mythology as the basis for the back story.

The Diablos were undoubtedly more polished than TQ. Nevertheless, the backstory wasn't better. The production work was. Not only that, but I'm not a big fan of cutscenes.

Titan Quest is what I'd call a solid game. It had its moments in the sun, a lot of warts, and the design team managed to pull off the project respectably. If I had my choice, I'd pick Diablo, but my answer was very narrow. I think the ancient Greek myths are a great choice for a story.

Finished up Torment the other day. Curst->Fortress (after the lame shadow part) is suck, but the ending is just amazing. It's to bad the quality sorta falters from Curst and onwards but luckily the ending stuff is all worth it. What also amazes me about Torment is despite that its so storyheavy, there's a lot of little threads and content which one can miss fairly easy. It's a sort of explorative challenge in this storyheavy game. It's quite awesome.

Anyways, moving on to other well-written games, Vampire: Bloodlines is up next. Not sure what character to go for this time, might try a Tremere since I've never played very far with one.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Yeah, but that doesn't mean the subject matter is a poor choice. If you're saying that you want the action to be faster and the production work to be better, what does that have to do with using Greek Mythology as the basis for the back story.

The Diablos were undoubtedly more polished than TQ. Nevertheless, the backstory wasn't better. The production work was. Not only that, but I'm not a big fan of cutscenes.

Titan Quest is what I'd call a solid game. It had its moments in the sun, a lot of warts, and the design team managed to pull off the project respectably. If I had my choice, I'd pick Diablo, but my answer was very narrow. I think the ancient Greek myths are a great choice for a story.

i'm not saying there's anything wrong with the subject matter :ermm:

sure it's a bit cheesy at times. i mean, who needs theseus or odysseus or perseus when you can kill every single monster in greek mythology? :*

The strength of CryEngine2 is the way it can render very large and good looking outdoor forrest areas, whereas Unreal3.x is unsurpassed when it comes to smaller indoor and streetlike levels. But U3 has outrun CryEngine2 a bit lately with its sweet cinematic effects, animation and physics system. Realtime ambient occlusion, can you even imagine just how friggin' cool that is?

But ID Software's Tech5 is definently going to be a killer aswell, itll be able to render these huge and very detailed landscapes with no loading times at all. Not like FO3 for example, wher you can clearly see the game swapping between different LODs and stutter a bit as new content is loaded.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The strength of CryEngine2 is the way it can render very large and good looking outdoor forrest areas, whereas Unreal3.x is unsurpassed when it comes to smaller indoor and streetlike levels. But U3 has outrun CryEngine2 a bit lately with its sweet cinematic effects, animation and physics system. Realtime ambient occlusion, can you even imagine just how friggin' cool that is?

But ID Software's Tech5 is definently going to be a killer aswell, itll be able to render these huge and very detailed landscapes with no loading times at all. Not like FO3 for example, wher you can clearly see the game swapping between different LODs and stutter a bit as new content is loaded.

*YAWN* EGO is where it's at!

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

IWD just finished doing the Vale of Shadows.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I turned on Casear3 the other day and played through Lugdunum, which is a mid-campaign map that drives a lot of people crazy. I find it challenging fun.

Still playing DungeonSiege2 now and then, slowly going through the harder difficulties to see what kind of uber loot drops there, harhar.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts