What are you playing now?

SteveThaiBinh

Now, I'm going to go play Pool of Radiance Remastered, since I feel my rpg nerd points plummeting...

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Im tryingto play Prince of Persia but I dont quite grasp the story. Why did the bearded man chop down the tree and why do I have to collect these glowing balls for?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Im tryingto play Prince of Persia but I dont quite grasp the story. Why did the bearded man chop down the tree and why do I have to collect these glowing balls for?

It's not really the story that stands between me and the game, more like the retared gameplay. Why is it that there're still games made that treat someone like an idiot?

I love the autosave function (because I tend to fall off cliffs and miss jumps all the time) but the fighting combo system doesnt feel all too great. But Ive only got the basic attacks yet so I cant say for sure.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I started playing some weird game called Sryth (I think): http://www.sryth.com

It's almost like playing ne of those old adventure books where you had to make decisions and then turn to the correct page to see what your decisions entailed. It's very relaxing though and can easily be played while you do other stuff. Unfortunately the creator wants money to unlock all the game content.. and not only a one time sum, he wants people to subscribe to his game! I mean, seriously, World of Warcraft can get away with it because of the constant updates and massive world (and addicting gameplay), but a text based, browser based, home made game that absolutely tiny..? Uh.. right.

Have you ever played Masq? It's got sex in it if that helps.

Edited by Hell Kitty

Left 4 Dead. Easily one of my favorite games of all time. Limited storyline (OMG ZOMBIES, GO GO GO!) and not much else to do other than kill them all on the way to the chopper. It's simple, and it's fun.

Pump Action Shotgun + Pipe bombs = awesome

I love the autosave function (because I tend to fall off cliffs and miss jumps all the time) but the fighting combo system doesnt feel all too great. But Ive only got the basic attacks yet so I cant say for sure.

here's the kicker kafty, there is no "advanced" combos, all your combat abilities are unlocked from the beginning.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

here's the kicker kafty, there is no "advanced" combos, all your combat abilities are unlocked from the beginning.

What?! Thats it? Are you 100% sure?

i'm getting kinda bored of Titan Quest to be honest

i'm in Egypt and was supposed to take some scroll to some temple, yet just as i get to the temple, it's just been conveniently destroyed right before i got there...

Yeah, and when you finally give the guy the scroll, he'll send you after two other objects, but when you return to give them to him... :(

I want to start a game of Diablo II + LoD, but know that I'll become annoyed with it as well.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

What?! Thats it? Are you 100% sure?

What he said is misleading. Your combos aren't locked in any sense, but it is up to you to figure out how to chain. There's particular combos that allow you to chain into another combo, which can be another chainable combo, etc.

I loved that game so much.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

1) The glowing balls are to power up Elika. When you have enough of them, you get to give her one of four new powers. There are 1,001 in all, but I think you only have to get 580 to unlock all four powers.

2) He cut down the tree to release the dark god. Why he did that is revealed when you unlock the third power.

Tale,

I didn't have to 'figure out' the combos. I went to the menu, clicked 'combinations' and it told me the various trees. My favorite so far is SSSESEGESEAEE

S = sword

E = Elika

G = Gauntlet

A = Acrobatic

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

1) The glowing balls are to power up Elika. When you have enough of them, you get to give her one of four new powers. There are 1,001 in all, but I think you only have to get 580 to unlock all four powers.

2) He cut down the tree to release the dark god. Why he did that is revealed when you unlock the third power.

Tale,

I didn't have to 'figure out' the combos. I went to the menu, clicked 'combinations' and it told me the various trees. My favorite so far is SSSESEGESEAEE

S = sword

E = Elika

G = Gauntlet

A = Acrobatic

I swear when I looked at that, it left the ones I hadn't used yet as undiscovered or whatnot.

But, anyway, unless you write them down good luck remembering it all! It's the touch memory you need.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

But, anyway, unless you write them down good luck remembering it all! It's the touch memory you need.

Do you have the PC or XBox version? Maybe it's different.

Yes, I write it down, pause at the beginning of a fight and then read it again to make sure I remember it. Then again, for most fights, I rarely get to use the entire combo. The bag guy either reaches the edge and dies or if it's one of the Corrupted, they pull out some trick and I have to do a button mash or take damage.

Why can't I do teh awesome Ubisoft? Why? :sorcerer:

My God, Crysis is a pretty game.. The attention to details is astonishing!

... I'm turning into a graphics whore! :sorcerer:

It's odd isn't it? You go for years not really caring, then you play Crysis and suddenly you start noticing just how crappy some of the games you've been playing actually look. :)

Beh. It was, to say the most, ok - I think the graphics are/were overrated for the most part. :sorcerer:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Beh. It was, to say the most, ok - I think the graphics are/were overrated for the most part. :sorcerer:

I dunno. If you had the system to really turn up the detail, it did look amazing. (I thought).

But as far as amazing graphics making a game good, yes, highly overrated.

ALthough I thought the suit and weapons made the first half of Crysis pretty fun. The entire tank battle sequence was my favorite part. I ended up getting my tank killed and having to fight through it on foot. It was pretty crazy.

edit: speeling

Edited by CrashGirl
Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Prince of Persia

Combat is... kinda lame. I just mash random buttons and eventually the boss dies. But this game is honestly art. Not in the sense of story or gameplay, but simply the style.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

S = sword

E = Elika

G = Gauntlet

A = Acrobatic

SEEEEGAAAAA

dududu dudu, dududu dudu, dududu dudu

*poink*

Prince of Persia

Combat is... kinda lame. I just mash random buttons and eventually the boss dies. But this game is honestly art. Not in the sense of story or gameplay, but simply the style.

well the devs imho hamstrung themselves on the freeroaming so the characters ultimately have 4 seperate stories going on at the same (one for each boss section) and the entire thing gets split up and doesn't make much sense until the last boss fight of each section.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I dug up Assassins Creed instead, it has much more satisfying combat. I can stick people with my knife and if I rush through it, I might not get bored by the over-repettion before I finish it.

Ok, so I tried another browser based RPG today, Dead Frontier, but this one seems rather good. Not only is it based in an post apocalyptic city overrun with zombies, it's also free for real, ie. everything is available to you even if you don't pay and the only thing you do get when you pay up is access to good equipment.

Also, it seems there's a multiplayer component which I am guessing is like the co-op in Left 4 Dead! Top down view, flash based zombie RPG with co-op, can it get better? Only one problem.. it's still a beta so there's not much more to do than just run around, kill zombies (I'm using a knife!) and level up.

Still worth to check out: http://www.deadfrontier.com/

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

... I'm turning into a graphics whore! o:)

It's odd isn't it? You go for years not really caring, then you play Crysis and suddenly you start noticing just how crappy some of the games you've been playing actually look. >_<

I noticed how crude most games look in comparison. But it hasn't put me off playing any of them and I doubt it will.

But once you've seen the vegetation being shredded and violently shaken by bullets and trees are falling around you as you fire the minigun - you scoff at other games were the vegetation is as static as a hologram.

Fortune favors the bald.