What are you playing now?

SteveThaiBinh

managed to arrive in Egypt in my game of Titan Quest

starting to ponder what liberties will be taken with Egyptian mythology now

after all, i've already killed Nessus, Polyphemus, Medusa and her 2 sisters, the Minotaur, etc etc

What are you playing? I have a Conqueror (Warfare + Defense) in the second half of Asia. I like Egypt, but it's followed by what I consider the most boring part of the game: the trip from Babylon to the Great Wall.

I

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Children of Winter. The first 38 minutes are now playable! :ermm:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Summoner (Nature + Earth) at the moment

just running round with my wolves, nymph and core dweller killing everything in sight

haven't died at all yet, though the fight with the Telkine at the end of greece came close a couple of times. he did some weird thingy that turned my critters against me for like 10 secs or so

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Rise of the Argonauts (PS3)

Don't know why the professionals reviewed it so poorly. I read Rosjberg's review at Gamespot, and it seemed a better review. Have spent almost 3 hours playing it so far, and only just got done with

the Oracle of Delphi

. So many of the professional reviewers seemed to think that the game was less than 10 hours in length. Not sure how they got that, as if this pattern holds out, the game will end up closer to 20 hours for me. It's enjoyable. I understand the lack of a minimap, as Liquid seems to have taken a minimalistic approach vis a vis UI, and I have noticed that the characters are too often too stiff in conversations (though I love it when Jason raises his eyebrows at someone). Still, I'm having fun, and that's all that matters right now.

Fallout 3.

Installed it on Saturday evening, and played for about 6 hours over the weekend. Already had 2 tech problems-- the game locked up when messing with the pipboy just after exiting the vault, and the lag upon entering VATS seems to increase as playtime does (memory leak?), eventually culminating in the program going all "Not Responging" on me. Walking to work this morning, I realized that I hadn't updated my video drivers in rather a long time, so I'll try that tonight and see if it helps.

Anyhow, the game is enjoyable so far. I've been wandering around on the Virginia side of the Potomac, doing some Megaton-based quests and generally getting the lay of the land. I keep marching off with the intention of finding Bethesda to see if there is anything interesting at or around the location of my house, but obstacles and interesting distractions keep popping up. (I quit last night shortly after entering

Vault-106, which is starting to creep me out a bit

.) I eventually also want to see if there's anything cool near my office, but that's in downtown DC, which I gather would be a bit too tough for my Level 4 character.

Well, having just picked up a new computer (nothing spectacular, but good enough), I found myself looking around for something to play on it, and while being able to max out some older games like ToEE and BG2 is nice, I wanted something a little more current, so I settled on...

1. The Witcher EE. All's I can say is 'wow' for this one. There are a few too many gotcha moments, I found, and a seemingly-innocent dialogue remark leading to a romp in the hay caught me off guard a few too many times for comfort, and the combat was a little actiony for my taste (found myself fixated on that little sword icon more than I'd have liked, rather than watching all those spiffy moves), but on the whole... wow. A sequel for this one is a must-have for me. Even a different offering by the same developer is something to keep an eye on. Impressive work for a company I'd never heard of before. Going to replay this one a few times, for sure.

And...

2. NWN 2 +MotB +SoZ. Uh huuh. I caved. Despite NWN1 not impressing me much -- disappointing, even -- I caved. Just installed it all today and I'm just about to leave the starting village in the OC, so I can't say yet how well I'll end up liking it, but it seems to have more going for it in the areas I'm looking for than NWN1 did. There's hope. One bug found so far in that the first group of people in the combat challenge of the fair in the tutorial didn't attack when they appeared -- we all just stood around picking our noses since I couldn't figure out how to initiate combat myself -- but that problem vanished when I quit, restarted the game, and tried it again.

Also have Fallout 3 and Oblivion+expansions on the list, but those titles don't seem to be in any of the the well-picked-over stores at the moment, so they'll have to wait. The above two games will be enough to keep me going for a while, though, so I'm not too fussed.

Playing now Gears of War 2. It's definitely better than the first one. More later...

Also tried to play Oddworld Munch's Oddysee. It renders the graphics, but doesn't output the sound properly. The first level (in the cave) worked fine, now I barely hear any sound anymore. What a shame, I really really wanted to play that game. But no sound, no fun. :wacko:

Gave IWD a try but it didn't grip me. Gonna give it a go again at a later date when I get the urge to play something very partybased again.

Started up Planescape: Torment with Qwinns new releases, as well as the resolution + interface fixage mods. The game looks incredible at 1280x1024.

Many people have problems replaying Torment, which I can understand given that a replay is likely to be quite samey. But for me, the game never fails to pull me in. It's awesome.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

The Last Express

Mostly awesome.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I don't know what compelled me to play through Mass Effect again. This game is too easy. I can take on anything without ever using cover. Seriously, Tali has 800 shield. 800! Nothing EVER takes that down.

At least the game picked up right at Noveria, right before going to Ilos. Oddly enough, it was one of the more well done planets for me. I liked the Citadel the second time around too. As for the uncharted worlds, they are truly, truly awful. It wouldn't have been hard to make a more complex science base or something else with all the placeables, and it also wouldn't have taken all that much effort to make them simply better. Barely any voice acting in those missions = so much more boring.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I just got done finishing off my playthrough of Prince of Persia 2008, which was decent, if not rather repetitive after awhile. Since I had to send my Xbox 360 into Microsoft after my second RROD, I've been going back to my pc roots. Trying out some Runes of Magic, which isn't too bad.

Also, trying out the Drakensang demo which is making me want the full game now and realizing why so many German sites praised the gameplay :)

i'm still playing IWDII, though i'm cheating heavily because, well, the game cheats. my son is toggling between uncharted, devil may cry 4 (both for PS3) and the new clone wars game for the DS. i have to help with DMC4 every once in a while, but he's kicking uncharted's ass (waaay better than me at it).

taks

Edited by taks

comrade taks... just because.

Still playing GTA4. It's growing on me. When I started I felt it was a bit boring because there's not much else to do than the missions themselves. But I held out (through a billion go here, kill that guy, escape the police missions..) and the game seems to have opened up a bit now. Still not much to do except the missions but at least I now have four different quest givers and a bit of variety to the missions. Oh, and sometimes I've been able to participate in races. I love that, although the first 5-6 I've run were way too easy. I'm hoping there will be more races unlocked soon and that they'll be more difficult too.

I met this guy Jeff who had issues with his wife. I sorted his problems but

he got overrun and killed by a Brit in a fancy car

. I didn't know what to do so I let it pass and I haven't heard anything about it since. I'm wondering if I could have handled things differently..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Gears of War - Glad I did not pay a dime for this garbage.

Blasphemy!!! Burn this heretic!'

burning-08.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I'm currently playing *the witcher*. I had hard a time breaking down a wall last night, untill I realized that Aard sign does this :(

I went to bed at 4.30 AM this morning - good times :) (it would have been 2:30 AM if I had remembered the part about the Aard sign earlier).

I'm also playing the very good adventure game 'Black Mirror'. I wish I were playing The Last Express next; playing the demo made me really want to play this game.

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/