What are you playing now?

SteveThaiBinh

I picked up something called 'Space (2) Rangers.' Are you ready to write the years 3300? I am!

That is correct. It's not enough to make me want to play the game again though. ;)

Fable *urgh*... It looks better on PC... And that's about it.

If Fable 2 ever comes out for PC, I

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

STALKER: Clear Sky

Waiting for a while to buy this game was a good idea. I was able to immediately install the fifth patch (or sixth or whatever) and start playing with so far no problems.

The game is lots of fun. Its cool revisiting some of the areas from the first game and seeing how different they are now (or were before). No real complaints at this point. A lot of problems with the first game have been fixed. NPCs now use grenades, artifacts now have value that is meaningful, the whole upgrade/repair system adds a lot of reason for exploration. The AI is still solid.

WHen I first started playing I was getting my butt kicked in combat a lot, due to all the bad habits I acquired playing that creampuff of a shooter Farcry 2, but after spending a few hours at STALKER, the difficulty has dropped somewhat as have my bad shooter habits.

So very good game so far.

Edited by CrashGirl
Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Fable 1 really turned me off. The ugly design, the stupid characters....that game kept me treating like I'm a complete idiot. "Please step forward into the ring and bash the strawmen 7 times" -long cutscene- "now try to push the X button" -long cutscene- and so on. OMG!

"Hero, your health is getting low, use a potion!" X100

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Out of the Park Baseball v9. I downloaded the demo last night. At first I was not impressed but the more I played around with it the more into it I got. By 4 am I was hooked. I'm buying it tonight.

Kelverin you should give this one a look! Its in the mold of Baseball Mogul but much deeper and more flexible. You might like this one.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

"Hero, your health is getting low, use a potion!" X100

"Warrior needs food!"

I beat CoD4 again on Hardened. I feel like I cheated on the sniper mission finale by the ferris wheel. Damn that thing was pissing me off. Never missed a shot and half the time I was taking out multiple enemies with a single bullet, but they just kept swarming me. I had my claymores poorly placed which was the main problem. Had them too far forward instead of using them to cover my flank while I sniped anyone in front of me. I ended up hiding in the one shack and being bombarded by several dozen grenades that had no effect in my little open doored bunker. Just waited out the storm in there until the chopper came and I made a break for. Single most infuriating level in the game for me. "Heat" which is supposedly another tough one was a piece of cake. I made it to the bottom of the hill on that one with over 2 minutes left on the clock.

Edited by Deraldin

Fable 1 really turned me off. The ugly design, the stupid characters....that game kept me treating like I'm a complete idiot. "Please step forward into the ring and bash the strawmen 7 times" -long cutscene- "now try to push the X button" -long cutscene- and so on. OMG!

Yeah, the tutorial blew. And since combat , with the "you;rre will energy is low, watch that", wasn;t much more than a tutorial itself, conclude what you want from that.

And BTW, Fable, for some reson that I can't place for my life, is one of those games I keep on just going back to.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Diablo 2 on the PC. Contra on the Nintendo.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Deus Ex

haven't played it in ages and i'm rusty as hell

i actually died on the first level! i used to know it so well that i could go through till about paris without worrying about my health at all

so much for being nice to the NSF and only using non lethal takedowns...

now i'm butchering each and every one of them - and mutilating the corpses!

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Nothing right now, but I'll be playing WotLK later. I saw something saying that Blizzard had sold a gazzilion copies of it so far. heh. My warrior is 447 Blacksmithing/ 450 engineering. I haven't really concentrated on leveling anyone for a while, just cause I'm gathering mats and whatnot if I'm online. My wife and I are taking our lowbies out for fun. The deathknight thing is underwhelming to me, but I'm trying to help my wife figure out how to make her DK a tank. Probably go unholy with a smattering of frost, I guess.

We're getting a 52" Sony Bravia and I'm going to hook my computer up to it so we can play graphic adventures on it. I guess it's not top of the line, but the picture looks good and we can hook up the video card to it. I already have the HDMI and DVI/HDMI cable, so that should be interesting. I just hope it doesn't suck. If it works, though, that would be great. One of us could run the computer and the other one can sit on the couch and enjoy the graphic adventure goodness.

We're getting a 52" Sony Bravia and I'm going to hook my computer up to it so we can play graphic adventures on it. I guess it's not top of the line, but the picture looks good and we can hook up the video card to it.

which model? i've got the 52" W3000 (60 Hz LCD) and you need to be a pro to tell the difference between it and what would otherwise be the "top of the line." their new 52XBR6 is probably about as good as you'll find with an LCD. reading the one bad review at Best Buy and it looks like the guy's problem is that he's a moron that doesn't understand you can adjust your picture after they set it up!

taks

comrade taks... just because.

The dog, fits into the story a bit (not much), I've never seen it do much in combat, and it's hyper about finding treasure. you could be having your arms cut off and fighting bandits with a dagger in your teeth and that thing would still be barking about the treasure chest that's a foot underground.

Which is what makes him awesome. Heck yeah for TREASHU!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Just finished Mask of the Betrayer, for the third time. As good as it ever was. Great endings.

What? Good endings? I agree that MotB was good but I never found the ending up to par with the rest. To me it mostly fizzled out.

Anyway I've bought a NDS recently and have been playing the two most recent games in the Advance Wars series and find them highly enjoyable if a bit too japanese. I can't really complain as I knew from the start that I don't mesh well with modern Japanese pop culture. I'll also highly recomend them to anyone who enjoy tactial turnbased strategy so long as the Japan disclaimer is kept in mind. Though the people around here who care probably already knows about them.

Anyone here who can make NDS strategy suggestions?

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

Quit my guild in WoW because I felt like a second class citizen when it came to raids (today it was "we brought you in to fill a slot because person X (a healer) couldn't be here. And now we want to make things harder for ourselves and are going to try a boss differently, but to maximize our chances we're going to boot you and replace you with a DPS/CC character")

No they couldn't ask one of the guys who didn't need anything out of the place to leave, they asked me. Who needed EVERYTHING that the guy dropped for me because my gear relatively sucks compared to the three other tanks in the group. And this is AFTER they say they are going to make an effort to get me into raid.

:throws hands up in the air: that's it I'm done with them, may they rot in hell.

Warrior = b--ch class. There are always tons of warriors, so they get treated as disposable. Play a priest and watch as everyone wants to be your best buddy.

I remember the one time I made a female priest -- holy crap.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I feel for you, bro. Rat bastards. Dedicated raiding guilds are filled with real tools, I'm telling you now. The irony is that I was in a good guild with my warrior that I had to quit because I'd rather play with my family, which makes raiding nigh impossible.

Warrior = b--ch class. There are always tons of warriors, so they get treated as disposable. Play a priest and watch as everyone wants to be your best buddy.

I remember the one time I made a female priest -- holy crap.

eh, anymore Warrior tanks that actually know what the heck they are doing are hard to find on my server (azgalore). The problem is that the guild I was in (I was in it because my IRL friends were there and are part of the "outer circle" of the leading crew) had 6 prot tanks. For "Progression" raids (25 man content basically) you always saw the Raid Lead (a Prot Pally) and then 2 other Prot Warrs in there as tanks while me and the other 4 prot tanks were left to find ourselves raid slots for 10 man on our own. I called them on this 2 weeks ago and they stated that it wasn't like that, but that they were always trying to do "what's best for the raid". Problem is, I think, they forgot "what's best for the raiders". When I called them on it in a rather volatile post about elitism and stuff like that, they swore sidways that they were going to fit me into a run, they did... a Naxx 10 man that fell apart after 4 bosses. So me and one of the other out of work Warrs (well mainly him) put together our own 10 man last week, ran fantastically. This week comes around and I sign up for everything I can to get spots in 25 man content, well turns out they had quietly posted a "raiding rules" thread on their forums that summarizes everything I had already known about it, so I skimmed it, and paid it no real heed. Well turns out at the very bottom of their post they told everyone to "sign" it, and you weren't going to raid without signing that stupid thread. So when 25 man stuff comes around today they only bring me in because a HEALER isn't available, we run through the wintergrasp boss (where, by the end of the fight I was out threating the 2 "standard" raid prot warriors), then they decide to do 25 man Sartharion, everyone goes there, when we get there they set everything up and we're waiting to start when the yank me up to their channel and say "Oh we're going to try this with one of the drakes up (making it MUCH harder), so we're going to ask you to sub out so we can get your best friend who's an AWESOME mage in to do more aoe damage... oh and we only brought you because the healer was caught in traffic."

right, they ask me the only guy who could have gotten some MASSIVE upgrades to step out, for a mage, when I was arguably better skill wise at tanking than the other two tanks that they had. I said fine, went to dalaran and logged off, thought for a second, logged back in /gquit and logged out and applied to another guild.