What are you playing now?

SteveThaiBinh

I finished Dead Air on advanced with no wipes, only one death (Zoey), and all survivors made it out on the plane. I shudder to think what that Tank is going to do to us on Expert level, but I'm going to do all the campaigns on expert after I've finished the last one... one in the woods... on advanced. I will say that I'm convinced that four intelligent human players will outdo the AI. My reason is this, even as the sole human, which means that I can't make preset plans on how to cover avenues of attack on horde surges and I'm the only one using grenades at all, I can still do a lot of damage by throwing cans of gasoline and covering our flank with fire. I can do that effectively even having to be super careful because of the idiotic AI. I think four humans, conserving and using pipe bombs, molotov ****tails, and environmental traps would yield the best advantage where you need it most, during the surges. How four humans do against the tank is another matter. I don't know about that.

I finished Dead Air on advanced with no wipes, only one death (Zoey), and all survivors made it out on the plane. I shudder to think what that Tank is going to do to us on Expert level, but I'm going to do all the campaigns on expert after I've finished the last one... one in the woods... on advanced. I will say that I'm convinced that four intelligent human players will outdo the AI. My reason is this, even as the sole human, which means that I can't make preset plans on how to cover avenues of attack on horde surges and I'm the only one using grenades at all, I can still do a lot of damage by throwing cans of gasoline and covering our flank with fire. I can do that effectively even having to be super careful because of the idiotic AI. I think four humans, conserving and using pipe bombs, molotov ****tails, and environmental traps would yield the best advantage where you need it most, during the surges. How four humans do against the tank is another matter. I don't know about that.

Usually when we play the tank will take down a player, then one of the best players health wise will run up and bash the tank which causes the tank to look at him and chase him, the other players unload into the tank. Or if you're good enough just light the tank on fire and as long as you survive the amount of time required the tank will automatically die.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I've lit the tank on fire before, but only to get the achievement. The tanks are harder to kill on harder difficulties, of course, but the witches really chap my hide because they're so often in places you can't avoid. So, I go to the place that's hardest for her to hit me and take a shot at my head (and wish I had the sniper rifle) and then run around while my companions shoot at her. Otherwise, I try to sneak and my companions get too close and activate her.

I've lit the tank on fire before, but only to get the achievement. The tanks are harder to kill on harder difficulties, of course, but the witches really chap my hide because they're so often in places you can't avoid. So, I go to the place that's hardest for her to hit me and take a shot at my head (and wish I had the sniper rifle) and then run around while my companions shoot at her. Otherwise, I try to sneak and my companions get too close and activate her.

The thing about tanks and fire is that if they are lit NO MATTER WHAT after 60 (I think thats on expert, it drops by 15 second intervals) it will fall over dead. so you light it and run like the dickens and it will die without a single bullet being fired. And for general killing of witches and Tanks probably the best weapon is the shot gun because it just UNLOADS damage on the target where as a sniper rifle seems to expend half it's killing power on the first 2 targets it hits so against a tank it does dramatically less damage than the other two weapons. But the Rifle is probably one of the best things to take down a horde coming at you through a hallway because one shot takes out upwards of four zombies.

Ive got a n00b question regarding WoW. How do you calculate your DPS? For example, Ill see in the LFG channel people looking for "2k DPS" for Naxx or whatever. I know my "bonus damage" is around 1350 but that doesnt include the damage of the spell itself so how do you extrapolate that out to calculate DPS?

I always assumed they were citing their damage meter readings. You can get raw damage output and then also damage output per second. And some of that damage output per second has to be different between different enemies depending on the character class enemy armor, resistance, and other things. If they're actually crunching the numbers in advance, that'd be interesting.

You're probably right. I dont run any addons as Im paranoid Im going to accidentally download some logging trojan.

Recount is the one people love, well that and wowwebstats but the latter is more to break down what you do during a fight.

I thought it was way too short, each scenario only takes about an hour to play so you pay full price for a 4h game.

You're new to multiplayer games, are't you?

Overlord on PC with a Xbox S pad via XBCD. Much fun, little depth, brilliant puzzle design at parts.

I love you. This is the same way I played it the first time, except I used a 360 pad. (second time I played it, I used a PS3 pad on my PS3).

I'm currently playing Red Alert 3. Just started the Japanese campaign. The Japanese are show stealers in this game. The intro movie featuring them and their own campaign intro movie are the best vids there.

The game did miss some potential in the campaign, though. Tiberium Wars had this awesome campaign showing the same events from different perspectives that highlight a story. Red Alert 3 doesn't really have much of a story aside from the backstory and the events of the campaigns don't connect at all.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

You're probably right. I dont run any addons as Im paranoid Im going to accidentally download some logging trojan.

Curse.com has a great selection of add-ons, and of the ones I've downloaded, I've never had a trojan/worm.

Add-ons can be addictive though. Once you start using them, you can easily find yourself using 15-20 of them as they're so useful.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I picked up Mirror's Edge and played it for a while. Now I want my time and money back. Yes, it is fun when you get everything right in a huge combo, but then you fail the final jump and have to do it all over again. The fighting is horrible and figuring out where you have to go is pretty much trial and error. Also the cutscene anime-Faith looks like 14 year old with stunted growth. I think parkour is a lot better in 3rd person.

Is there any reason to punish myself by playing through it?

I picked up Mirror's Edge and played it for a while. Now I want my time and money back. Yes, it is fun when you get everything right in a huge combo, but then you fail the final jump and have to do it all over again. The fighting is horrible and figuring out where you have to go is pretty much trial and error. Also the cutscene anime-Faith looks like 14 year old with stunted growth. I think parkour is a lot better in 3rd person.

I stopped playing after Chapter 3, because there was just no point for me to spend more time on it. How lucky I only tried a copy from a friend.

What? Good endings? I agree that MotB was good but I never found the ending up to par with the rest. To me it mostly fizzled out.

Really? I really loved some of the touches.

It's great when you find out that Kelemvor was the narrator; also great is when he talks about your further adventures later on and how you pass beyond the sight of the Gods. Kaelyn's endings are generally good, in this one she tried again but was betrayed by Rammaq. I mean, maybe it's not the most creative, but I found it was well delivered without undue enthusiasm or celebration, and fitted the setting (i.e. Okku returning to lead the beasts against Thayan invaders).

What did you think was fizzling out?

Pope said it decently:

Just finished MotB for the first time.

The last few areas on the Fugue Plane were kind of a letdown. Just a bunch of tiny battles that were won in a matter of seconds. Could've used some more content there. Also, having picked None as my deity, I really wanted to bring down that stupid wall! Why didn't I get to bring down that wall?!

Anyway, great game.

The problem was probably less with not destroying the wall and more on the incessant egging on instead of focusing on something that could be resolved better. I'm not arguing that there weren't good parts, just that it let down as a whole. Still stands as Obsidians finest work.

I'm probably going to start Icewind Dale II, to prepare me for SOZ.

That won't work. They're similar games but not that similar.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

Found out how to avoid the incredibly annoying quick time events in Prince of Persia. Basically, don't block, always dodge or deflect. Takes a little practice and its more than a little annoying, but at least I can enjoy the game again now.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Thanks for the link MC. Can it generally be considered "safe" to D/L from that site (do they check out the add-ons for trojans / worms)?

The addons generally don't have any way to install a worm or trojan onto your system as they are files that get read by the game to change your interface. However the Curse Client that they are pushing has a keylogger in it.

I personally use Atlasloot (shows loot tables for EVERY boss and reputation, and tier sets, and crafted sets... well it shows everything of value) Xpearl unit frames, Omen Threat meter, and Questhelper.

Quest helper takes up the most system memory but it stores the location of every quest item, and shows you where to go to complete the quests. Basically it shortens the amount of time you take questing by more than half.

I stopped playing after Chapter 3, because there was just no point for me to spend more time on it. How lucky I only tried a copy from a friend.

You guys both suck. Mirror's Edge is awesome. Too short though. I swear I'm the only one that actually liked the cutscenes. :thumbsup:

If you feel that continuing to play is just punishing yourself then why bother asking if you should keep playing? If you haven't enjoyed the game up until now, you aren't likely going to magically start enjoying it later. Go return the game now.

The addons generally don't have any way to install a worm or trojan onto your system as they are files that get read by the game to change your interface. However the Curse Client that they are pushing has a keylogger in it.

This is what scares the crap out of me. I think I'd cry like a Sally if I logged on one day and my toon was standing there in his underwear.

To those more savvy then I, is there a way to check an addon for trojans / virus / loggers? Can you pump the file through an antivirus program or anything like that? How do people protect against that or is it just the luck of the dice?

Still playing Saint's Row 2, I can sit customizing my cars for hours on end. This game is a lot of fun. GTA4 moved away from the simple fun stuff for a more serious drama, and I really missed it until I started Saint's Row 2. I became champion of the Prison Fight club, and then bought a swank lighthouse to live in. I have a grand piano next to a stripper pole. It's classy.