What are you playing now?

SteveThaiBinh

Aasimar Warlock

I'd recommend taking Hellfire Warlock levels as soon as you can (I believe level 9 if you plan out your abilities/skills right). It makes the class a lot more fun to play.

Yeah I was planning that but forgot to mention it.

I still need a link to a good warlock build. Picking invocations is tough.

Gah, and I thought it was already hard enough to pick one character. Now I have to create 4. So far I have:

Yuan-Ti Pureblood Ranger/Rogue

Air Genasi Favored Soul of Talos (later Stormlord)

Fire Genasi Fighter (later Frenzied Berserker)

Aasimar Warlock

I hope the level adjustments won't be too much of a hindrance.

It depends. With 50/50 multiclasses or spellcasters it can drag you down because you can't cast higher level spells quickly or whatnot.

Survival and Hide/Move are the best skills for the Overland leader IMO, because the former spikes up the movement speed and the latter lets you avoid +90% of all encounters.

There are also mods out there now that reduce the encounter rate.

I won't be having trouble with multiclassed spellcasters, since stormlord levels add to favored soul levels (except 2 of them) and hellfire warlock to warlock levels.

My ranger/rogue will have survival and hide. What dialogue skills should I give her?

Well, it's been about 2 weeks since I've played any games. Eventually I'll finish Dead Space/

You really should. The ending is fantastic.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Oblivion (GotY edition; took forever to find it in the stores, oddly enough. Only found it on a fluke, too)

I suspect I'll want some mods for this one, particularly in the interface category. Anyone got some good suggestions in this regard? Have only progressed to level 2 so I haven't had time to notice the level scaling issues that the game is supposed to have, but I'm sure I'll be looking around for something to deal with that too, eventually.

Am not against mods that make NPCs look pretty, either.

I have just started playing Chronicles of Riddick, a game I've heard well of, but which I've been avoiding due to the movie being crap, and not liking Vin Diesel.

However, after playing through the tutorial mission and a bit of the first mission, I have to say I've enjoyed what I've seen. The only problem so far is the change to a third person perspective every time you grapple stairs, ledges and the like. It removes you from the game, it's bloody useless, and reminds me that I'm playing Vin Diesel. >_

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Oblivion (GotY edition; took forever to find it in the stores, oddly enough. Only found it on a fluke, too)

I suspect I'll want some mods for this one, particularly in the interface category. Anyone got some good suggestions in this regard? Have only progressed to level 2 so I haven't had time to notice the level scaling issues that the game is supposed to have, but I'm sure I'll be looking around for something to deal with that too, eventually.

Am not against mods that make NPCs look pretty, either.

well congratz, you've already reached a level high enough to finish the main quest

and the level scaling becomes very very noticable later on. once you reach about level 20 or so, even petty bandits are equipped with apparently incredibly rare and powerful daedric equipment

it's just stupid >_<

i'd suggest the OOO mod (oscuro's oblivion overhaul or something) to combat this problem

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Playing Fallout 3 on and off and I finally found all 20 bobbleheads!! The last one (for me it was the Unarmed one) was incredibly difficult to find! It was almost by accident that I found it. I mean I had gotten clues about it (the location I found it in) from an earlier quest, but this was different. Easily the most hidden place I've found in the wasteland so far. Most other hidden stuff are at least visible and look like you should manipulate them.. not this time.

By the way, I had no idea how much I had missed during my first playthrough. I got bored with the DC tunnel system the last time I played, but this time I explored them all.. and found places I had never seen before. I wonder how long the game can keep this up? According to my loading screen stats, I've found something like 152 mapped places. How many more can there be..? And don't answer that, it's a rhetorical question. As long as I keep finding new stuff, I'll keep playing.

It's by no means a perfect game, but it really is damn good.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

King's Bounty:The Legend is an incredibly addicting game. It's six in the morning here, so I just might have to stop.

Zzzzzzzz...

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Mod Oblivion to destroy the retarded level scaling then start a new game. It'll be worth it, instead of playing 10 hours and realising how stupid it is, and then finding out installing int he middle of playing breaks stuff.

How's KB Mus? Not even shipping here in NZ so I'm wondering whether to bother.

edit: Just about done with Morrowind, 100+ days (not sure game hours, probably around 30). Tons more stuff to do but it does get repetitive after a while. I'll probably try and see a couple of the faction quests through to the end; I don't think I've done that before. Telvanni & Morag Tong, perhaps. I just know that I've broken the economy now with the +10k daedric weapons and whatnot that I can't sell off.

How's KB Mus? Not even shipping here in NZ so I'm wondering whether to bother.

I think it's fantastic. If you aren't familiar with the Amiga or Genesis KB...well, in a nutshell it's Heroes of M&M in a persistent world. Without any city-building or defending of targets. You'll have a initial starting home city, where you can sell stuff and have a recruit pool, but there won't ever be a any unit upgrades, with one exception through your skill tree, or buying a recruitment center or hiring heroes

post-9032-1234179431_thumb.jpg

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Started STALKER last night, courtesy of Gametap. What a beautiful game! The combat definitely takes a bit more caution than most recent FPS games I've played recently. So far, so good, but I'm really just looking forward to creeping around the zone with a decent rifle and exploring.

I'd like to pick up King's Bounty down the road, it looks phenomenal.

Mod Oblivion to destroy the retarded level scaling then start a new game. It'll be worth it, instead of playing 10 hours and realising how stupid it is, and then finding out installing int he middle of playing breaks stuff.

I suspect you're right. Right now, at level 2, I'm having a blast with the game. The action-ified combat isn't as off-putting to me as I thought it might be, and the landscapes certainly are pretty, but leveling without the feeling of actually improving is something that's going to irritate me to no end, possibly spoiling the game for me. Already paid my $23.00 for the thing, so I might as well come away with a good impression.... whether the game really deserves it or not.

i'd suggest the OOO mod (oscuro's oblivion overhaul or something) to combat this problem

Heh... That's the one I recall reading about somewhere. Knew I'd read about a re-balancing mod out there somewhere, but couldn't for the life of me remember what it was called or who wrote it. Thanks. :biggrin:

Started STALKER last night, courtesy of Gametap. What a beautiful game! The combat definitely takes a bit more caution than most recent FPS games I've played recently. So far, so good, but I'm really just looking forward to creeping around the zone with a decent rifle and exploring.

I hope it's patched to at least 1.0005, that eliminates most fps problems and all bugs in singleplayer.

Hmm, what else...well, as a starting tip, it's worthwhile to whack all brown wooden crates(you'll find some in a cellar in Rookie village for starters) and all small supply kits which look like small blue and grey lunchboxes. There's usuallyboth around wherever humanoid things gather. I mean, not just humans, but all human-like things.

Another thing, armor degradation is something that is either a blessing or a curse. The good thing is that enemies have armor values as well and continuous fire and especially explosives will destroy it fast, the bad one is that yours gets broken pretty easily as well and later on that means severe penalty to resistances. At the start the armors won't last anything anyway. Unfortunately, the vanilla game doesn't have a repair feature with traders, that was introduced in mods and went along to Clear Sky. You might want to find a repair mod eventually. See if the degradation bothers you.

This is a bit of a spoiler, but there's a decent armor in one of the attics of the Rookie Village. You'll have to jump over from another roof to get to it, but if the Garbage(next area) hates you, the suit is there to blunt the edge somewhat. I didn't use it in the vanilla game, but do pick it with total conversions(no one seems to want to mod it out), since the start is a bit of a dreg without it.

kirottu said:

I'm playing Warcraft III, which I intend to follow up with The Frozen Throne.

Makes me want to go back to WoW. I downloaded the Wrath of the Lich King cinematic and that's stirring me up. Oh, Arthas, you've fallen so far. *sniffle*

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm playing Warcraft III, which I intend to follow up with The Frozen Throne.

Makes me want to go back to WoW. I downloaded the Wrath of the Lich King cinematic and that's stirring me up. Oh, Arthas, you've fallen so far. *sniffle*

A lot of the "invincibility" and mystique about him was lost in Wrath when he'd show up to punish or do something to one of his minions and leave you standing there perfectly unharmed (except for once when you first get there and get to close to him).

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.