Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir Discussion

awesome? which parts were awesome? seemed likes a pretty standard 3-page text-heavy commercial advertisement kinda interview. it were a nice enough advertisement, but am not sure we is gonna hold up as an "awesome" example o' interview.

maybe we shows age again. am forgetting how pretty much everything is "awesome" or "extreme" nowadays.

HA! Good Fun!

You seem confused Grommie.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

awesome? which parts were awesome? seemed likes a pretty standard 3-page text-heavy commercial advertisement kinda interview. it were a nice enough advertisement, but am not sure we is gonna hold up as an "awesome" example o' interview.

maybe we shows age again. am forgetting how pretty much everything is "awesome" or "extreme" nowadays.

HA! Good Fun!

You seem confused Grommie.

agreed. Gromnir were confused 'bout what were making that an "awesome" interview. 'course xard admitted that he/she decreed awesomeness Before having read the interview.

the interview is standard pre-release advertising. now maybe you thinks that the game sounds awesome based 'pon the interview, but there were nothing awesome 'bout interview. is same old questions you has seen previous to every game release... and obsidian didn't exactly break new ground wit responses neither.

which begs question: does ign come up with questions or does obsidian? some celebrities, business giants & political noteworthies is notorious for doing interviews only if they has had a chance to review and ok questions ahead o' time. some folks insist on right to review and edit after the fact. heck, even the guys at 60 minutes has had to essentially do scripted interviews more than once. so, am honestly curious... were the seemingly pre-canned questions by jonric his own questions, or whether or did obsidian get input before or after the interview?

*shrug*

am guessing that jonric has been doing long enough to know how to keeps developers happy with appropriate questions... no need for sneaky approach. regardless, there weren't nothing awesome 'bout questions or answers.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

"None of our adventure areas are randomized"

A little disappointed to read this, although it looks like if you use a new party with a different Class of characters there is a chance for different encounters along the way.

That is the place where overland areas would fit. The basic idea of it is from Fallout, I guess. Personally, I liked the Planescape: Torment style narrative heavy role-playing in Mask of the Betrayer and probably won't touch Storm of Zehir. This is only my personal preference and the design decision seems to be through, which is not a bad sign if you know what you are buying.

That is the place where overland areas would fit. The basic idea of it is from Fallout, I guess. Personally, I liked the Planescape: Torment style narrative heavy role-playing in Mask of the Betrayer and probably won't touch Storm of Zehir. This is only my personal preference and the design decision seems to be through, which is not a bad sign if you know what you are buying.

I see where your coming from. But random encounters on an overland map just make sense to me. Also random encounters are as much a part of D&D as experience tables , saving thorws.....I just assumed they would be in the game. Shame on me.

I see where your coming from. But random encounters on an overland map just make sense to me. Also random encounters are as much a part of D&D as experience tables , saving thorws.....I just assumed they would be in the game. Shame on me.

??? They will be in the game, I mean, in Storm of Zehir. In adventure areas, the encounters will be planned while in overland areas, which are between adventure areas, the encounters will be randomized. So, you will be able to enjoy the benefit of the survival skills of your characters. Some of the ideas such as hidden places were already in the unfortunate project called the Black Hound.

Looking at the overland map demo in the video, I'm expecting to see some interesting builds for wilderness recon / point-man, i.e. a Ranger / Barbarian / Rogue-type with high INT & WIS.

I'm not really good at 3E uber-builds, and my first party will be venture capitalists pirates, i.e. "Wilderness Rogue" (as above, Bbn/ Rog or Rngr/ Rog possibly a Tiefling), a hard-to-kill Fighter-themed assassin, a high CHA spokesman / sorceror and a Cleric / Battle Priest.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

lol

I'm not sure has this question been answered but the combat encounters on the overland map

If we meet hostiles do we:

A) get in Some Generic Combat Map (Fallout, Total Wars, JRPG's etc.)

or

B) fights happen on the overland map.

I suspect and hope it is A because I don't see how B) could work out

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

lol

I'm not sure has this question been answered but the combat encounters on the overland map

or

A)

whew :(

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

O.K. I have come across a game-play video at Gamespot, a part of which shows how the overland map work starting at 06:00. Of course, you can watch whole the video but be prepared for some minor spoilers. http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/neverwinter...tml?sid=6196650

hey, am i the only one who can't get that video to play? all i get is gamespot's retarded click to enter page, but nuttin' happens.

if anyone has a mirror, etc, i'd be grateful...

dumber than a bag of hammers

O.K. I have come across a game-play video at Gamespot, a part of which shows how the overland map work starting at 06:00. Of course, you can watch whole the video but be prepared for some minor spoilers. http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/neverwinter...tml?sid=6196650

hey, am i the only one who can't get that video to play? all i get is gamespot's retarded click to enter page, but nuttin' happens.

if anyone has a mirror, etc, i'd be grateful...

Gamespot requires cookie but you can check youtube, too.

I'm contemplating making a terrible party of three genasi bards called Earth, Wind, and Fire.

Be honest, how long have you been waiting for an opportune moment to deploy that gag?

Too much caffeine, isn't it? :(

lol

or

A far more important question is whether the overland map battle transitions will be handled with a blurry zoom in of the camera, and with some stupid, over the top panning of the camera around the characters! :(

Also, will the characters have victory poses?

nwn2-dance2b.gif

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Prismatic Spray?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: