Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir Discussion

Going by the hair I'd say that's James Brown's zombie.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

So... will wights (or undead in general) play an important role in the Storm of Zehir?

Some of the new enemies are undead, and one of the new classes (the Doomguide) specializes as an undead fighter, but the main enemies in the game are the Yuan-Ti. You will see a fair amount of undead, though, especially on the Sword Coast.

Matthew Rorie

Hmm, Matthew, should Storm of Zehir sell well, would Obsidian even possibly consider making yet another expansion? I guess some of us are just itching to give you our money for the quality D&D 3.5E FR experience you provide and I am hungry for Storm of Zehir, but I know I will be hungry for even more after finishing its campaign! :)

Note: Not sure whether you can answer this question...

Magister, I think it's already been stated on the Bioware forums that another expansion is a possibility if SoZ does well.

Yep, but that decision is up to Atari to decide. So after SoZ comes out, be sure to write Atari and tell them WE WANT NX3!!!11!.

I know I will. :)

Magister, I think it's already been stated on the Bioware forums that another expansion is a possibility if SoZ does well.

Yep, but that decision is up to Atari to decide. So after SoZ comes out, be sure to write Atari and tell them WE WANT NX3!!!11!.

I know I will. :)

Good idea! I think contacting Atari thanking them for publishing SoZ and asking for more might help us get another expansion.

There was some talk of this yesterday on the NWN2 irc channel. One of the guys who had been at PAX had chatted a bit an Obsidian dev who said there optimizations made to make the overland map possible (since it's huge, and likely with a lot of stuff going on in it). But the dev didn't know whether that applied to the entire engine/game, or whether it was just specific to the overland map.

Other than that, I seem to remember something about the lighting being better, but I can't remember where I read it. Maybe on the Vault interview a while back? Can't remember...

At any rate, I agree. Some more optimization would be nice. The MotB patch was a great step in this regard.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Posted 10/03/08 22:16 (GMT) by Matthew Rorie

I just checked - it's a cd key install. No installation limits or anything weird like that.

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewt...um=128&sp=0

It's now officially confirmed: Storm of Zehir will not have DDRM! :lol:

Kudos to Obsidian!

Kudos to Atari!

Hurray, hurray, hurray!

... Sorry about that - I am just very happy about this!

Storm of Zehir won't have a Dance Dance Revolution Minigame?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Today my gimmick party (earth, air, and fire genasi bard party called Earth, Wind, and Fire) got owned. Hard. ECL characters definitely have it rough at the beginning. Starting a character down doesn't help, either. My replacement party, THE KILLERS, is doing much better. Human barbarian (Lord Murder), human swashbuckler (La Aguja), aasimar cleric (Bane's Stepdaughter), and a halfling warlock (Mistress Destructa). Booyah.

Lol... THE KILLERS? Come on now Josh, surely you could think of something better than that? :lol:

It will be fun to watch all the whining on the Bioware forums though, both that it's to easy for a party of uberbuilds (OMG IT WAS TO EASY FOR MY RDD BUILDS) and that it's to hard for others.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0