Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir Discussion

o:) No. Possibly better than BG1 and parts of BG2 and the music and some voices of IWD2, but not the IE games in general.

BG 1 had some excellent tracks and I considerate it better than BG2. The combat music and the chapter/dream sequences cuts are just AWESOME! IWD and PS:T battle for first place and are in every way superior to any NWN, NWN2 music. Mask of the Betrayer had some good tracks though....

I like the PS:T music very much as well. It's sort of exotic with the rhythmic drums which fits the unusual character of the setting. You listen to something like "Deionarra's Theme" and it's haunting, mystical, and fricking cool.

The BG and BG2 themes I had no memory of what they sounded like. I listen to them just now and they are bland... no wonder I had no melody lodged in my mind somewhere... they are not memorable at all.

The sound tracks for all of these are on youtube btw.

I just noticed that there are quite some tracks of BG2 that I like, e.g. Escape Dungeon, Pirate Isle, Trademeet and Druid Grove. They're memorable and BG-ish enough imho. In BG1 there was the main theme, a fight theme, one quiet cello piece that played at night, and one track in Baldur's Gate City, that struck as memorable. So I take back what I said above and extend my statement to BG and BG2 (excluding TOB).

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

As much as music is neat and all PLEASE, PLEASE just include the simple NPC AI that is in Tony K's AI into NWN2.

I was playing Dark Waters 1/2 mod (out of curiosity) and having to deal with the default NWN2 NPC AI makes me want to jab forks into my eyes.

35824_NeverwinterNights2StormofZehir-01_normal.jpg

kekekkeke

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

^ What on earth is the guy on the right armed with? The Shovel of Dinosaur-Smiting +1? Is he going to hit that 'raptor or dig a hole to hide in?

NWN2 also has some of the silliest helmets / masks. My epic-level Frenzied Berserker put on the Mask of Persuasion and it looked so.... wrong.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

I noticed that too :)

Anyway, the pics:

click

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Apart of not liking dinosaurs in a DnD game :excl: I think its leg is damn clunky when compared to the high poly rest of it.

Wow, thanks for the screens :)

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Gamespot GC08 Preview

Other new features that we got to see during today's demo included the 3D overland map, on which you can interact with other characters and encounter monsters, and the new death system, which forces you to resurrect your fallen party members or have them healed in a town rather than simply bringing them back to life at the end of the current combat. We didn't get to see it, but we're told that The Storm of Zehir will also introduce a new crafting system that will let you create many items simply by using your inventory screen (whereas you might previously have had to visit a blacksmith).

IGN GC08 Preview

Hahhhahah, that should sell it to even the most ardent whiners.

It's also nice to come out of the death system closet and admit that I like the early DnD crpg system much better. Thanks a lot Obsidian.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

and the new death system, which forces you to resurrect your fallen party members or have them healed in a town rather than simply bringing them back to life at the end of the current combat.

letitbeharrisonlj0.th.jpg

Whaaaaaaaaat? Proper death rules? *grin*

Edited by Xard

what's to be improved? :)

Oh yeah, that's true.

Same problem as in NWN1

There could be fewer no-value gems in the world, I agree. Or the no-value gems could just default to a no-value gem bag and be sold en-masse. It's also the fact that everything on the inventory screen is so small, especially on high-resolution settings.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I don't like crafting at all per se

lolwut

Crafting isn't as simple as that.

The crafting in NWN2 sucked because it wasn't supported by the interface and as such was more frustrating than anything. An example of an interface that supports crafting is Oblivion whose specific inventory and interface mechanics should be the minimum of support.

Besides interface streamlining there is the question of balance, this is possibly the hardest one with any kind of extensive crafting. Crafting needs to be usefull in some capacity compared to other skill choices while not being overpowered.

Interestingly I can't remember a single game where crafting wasn't either under/overpowered or badly supported bordering on the annoying.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif