Movies you have seen lately

Walsingham

Next: BAD movie with a few shiny moments. Overall crap.

I, Robot: Awesome action, generally good.

Kill Bill Vol 1 and 2: Great movies. I just don't like how the big battle with Bill ends in seconds.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Kill Bill Vol 1 and 2: Great movies. I just don't like how the big battle with Bill ends in seconds.

I think it was very stylish and western-y

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I can't watch The Godfather.

I can't understand how anyone can get all sentimental about thieves and murderers and make them out into heroes.

I don't get Sopranos either.

I don't deny they are superbly filmed and written movies but the subject matter discusts me.

Sorry.

Meet the Robinsons: Surprisingly funny but the pacing is way too fast. Character models are so so but the animation is great. Also, the creators have the "shiny chrome effect" mastered. 8/10

Night at the Museum - Better than I expected, good kids movie.

Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer - I'm not a huge comic book guy, so I wasn't all upset over the source material, but I still felt they really missed out on a chance to make a cool movie about Silver Surfer and Galactus. It was just remarkably average, but I've seen worse comic book movies. At least it was only 90 minutes, they didn't drag anything out, and that's probably why I finished it.

I can't understand how anyone can get all sentimental about thieves and murderers and make them out into heroes.

I don't deny they are superbly filmed and written movies but the subject matter discusts me.

Sorry.

Meet the Robinsons: Surprisingly funny but the pacing is way too fast. Character models are so so but the animation is great. Also, the creators have the "shiny chrome effect" mastered. 8/10

The Godfather isn't how the mafia is, anymore than 'Hero' was about how the ancient Chinese were. It's a fantasy talking about what we'd like it to be.

EDIT: To be fair we fantasise about lots of stinky things to make them seem better.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Sorry.

The Godfather isn't how the mafia is, anymore than 'Hero' was about how the ancient Chinese were. It's a fantasy talking about what we'd like it to be.

EDIT: To be fair we fantasise about lots of stinky things to make them seem better.

I don't understand how someone isn't smitten by the romanticized image of mafia. Or rather, I understand how someone might be disgusted with them, but I feel that not watching Godfather because they hate the reality of graft and underworld is a bit like not playing Medieval:Total War because in reality Crusaders butchered every city they came across in the near east. Reality and romanticism are very different things.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Sorry.

I don't understand how someone isn't smitten by the romanticized image of mafia. Or rather, I understand how someone might be disgusted with them, but I feel that not watching Godfather because they hate the reality of graft and underworld is a bit like not playing Medieval:Total War because in reality Crusaders butchered every city they came across in the near east. Reality and romanticism are very different things.

I don't think the point of the movies was to romanticize the mafia, although that element wasn't completely absent of course. The feeling I got from the movie was how far a man could fall to protect his family.

I liked the second movie more because it contrasts the beginnings of the Corleone family to its current ruthless state. You can tell Michael has doubts about his course of action during the conversation he has with his mother, but he maintains his course because he thinks he is the only strong one to protect the family. In the end, he destroys the very thing he's been trying to protect.

In the end, as he sits, contemplating his actions while remembering his family, you can't help but feel a certain loathing mixed with pity mixed with respect.

Of course, you are right. However, I was merely making a general observation on the mobster genre, since astrocreep mentioned The Sopranos as well.

I prefer the second movie myself, as well. The characters had an established depth already which further helped the movie.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Guest The Architect
NO FREAKIN' WAY, JOSE!

'Cause guess what? I like know this guy whose friend's cousin's fiancee...and listen to this because this part's amazing...ALSO used to live in Perth! Hell man, what are the odds?! I guess that makes me related too - freakin' sweet!

Okay, I get it. Given Internet anonymity and that people have lied on the Internet before, and that I can't prove it, and that Tarantino is a celebrity, I'm just full of it, right? Well, I'm not going to hold it against you for not believing me.

I know that I actually am related to him, so that's good enough for me. I shouldn't have said anything, though, because somehow I think some of you will think I'm just bragging or talking crap, but truthfully I just thought I'd mention it because I just saw a Tarantino movie so I thought the timing of it was suitable.

Okay, so why didn't I say anything before, you ask? Well, I just thought that throwing it in randomly in some other post in one of the movie threads would be understandably construed by people as bragging and also it didn't occur to me to say anything before because at some times I wasn't thinking of it and others, when I was, I just had no desire to say anything.

And also, there were times when I was tempted to say something, but didn

You know, everytime someone jabs at you in the Internet, you don't have to make an apologetic essay about it. Everyone here has thick skin and expects thick skin from others, it's not like it's personal or anything.

Anyways, I'm about to watch Over the Hedge, I love the comics, I hope this is at least half as good.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

Rob Roy (1995) - Great movie, featuring one of my favorite villains Archibald Cunningham played masterfully by Tim Roth.

"I will tell you something, to take with you. Your wife was far sweeter forced than many are willing. And truth put to it, I think not all of her objected"

8/10

Romy and Michele's High School Reunion (1997) - Not very good, but I liked it for some reason.

6/10

The Place Promised in Our Early Days. Anime. Easily some of the highest quality artwork I have ever seen in my animu life. Some of the shots were insanely beautiful, sometimes simple, sometimes detailed, either way bad ass. But alas as with games, graphics come at a price. While I have no problem with character/story driven movies which is evidenced by my obsession with Spirited Away this movie just didn't quite strike my fancy as much as I'd like it to. Characters were nice enough but I didn't click with the plot that turns into a multiuniverse crazy dream/technology insaneness. Still a little confused from some parts within the movie. Seemed like quite a few plot holes or just side plots that never get elaborated. I mean yeah I have the attention span of a small retarded dog but I wasn't surfing the internets or anything during the movie so it was genuinely confusing or maybe it was just heavily ambiguous.

The movie was tranquil and sometimes somber but a pretty chill watch. I'd only expect to be wowed by the art and not the story but:

8/10

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Not a movie, exactly, but a friend loaned me the DVD of Ghostwatch, a BBC TV special broadcast on Halloween in 1992 which terrified the nation, albeit briefly. I remembered being scared out of my wits, and fifteen years on it's still pretty frightening and extremely well-made.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

"Next", via Comcast-HD.

It wasn't too bad for a mild action/suspense film, until the ending. But I loved watching the aging but still handsome Nicholas Cage doing his precognition/time-based semi-Matrix-like bits. Leave the brain at the door and it's a fair entertaining time-passer. I haven't read the story it's based on - I need to remedy that.

Edit: I still hate keyboards ...

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

NO FREAKIN' WAY, JOSE!

'Cause guess what? I like know this guy whose friend's cousin's fiancee...and listen to this because this part's amazing...ALSO used to live in Perth! Hell man, what are the odds?! I guess that makes me related too - freakin' sweet!

Okay, I get it. Given Internet anonymity and that people have lied on the Internet before, and that I can't prove it, and that Tarantino is a celebrity, I'm just full of it, right? Well, I'm not going to hold it against you for not believing me.

I know that I actually am related to him, so that's good enough for me. I shouldn't have said anything, though, because somehow I think some of you will think I'm just bragging or talking crap, but truthfully I just thought I'd mention it because I just saw a Tarantino movie so I thought the timing of it was suitable.

Okay, so why didn't I say anything before, you ask? Well, I just thought that throwing it in randomly in some other post in one of the movie threads would be understandably construed by people as bragging and also it didn't occur to me to say anything before because at some times I wasn't thinking of it and others, when I was, I just had no desire to say anything.

And also, there were times when I was tempted to say something, but didn

manthing2.jpg

Dr. Strangelove

Hm, I didn't quite get the ending... What did the russian ambassador do? What was the actual role of Dr. Strangelove?... Anyway, exploding bombs and the music in the end made me want to play Fallout, but that certainly isn't the message the film should carry.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

I just watched Vanilla Sky. Its one of my favorite movies really. Penelope Cruz plays such a good love proximity infatuation. I'm not a big Tom Cruise fan but he did a good job of playing an a-hole.

I rented Perfume a story about a murderer. I heard it was good from a good source.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Guest The Architect
I just watched Vanilla Sky. Its one of my favorite movies really. Penelope Cruz plays such a good love proximity infatuation. I'm not a big Tom Cruise fan but he did a good job of playing an a-hole.

Because he is one, that's why.