What are you playing now?

Darque

Diablo 2, doing act bosses with a level 100 MF sorceress and filling a small portion (300 10x10 pages) of the infinite stash. I modded the game to allow character level 100 (among other things), and got rid of the experience penalties after level 70. It takes about a dozen such games to go from 99 to 100 in /players 8. (I don't like having to play 1000 games to advance one level; been there, done that.) I selected 100 because it's double the level limit in Diablo (50).

Still waiting around on games like DA, HL2:EP2, and MotB. None of the current releases interest me.

Play online? :(

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

haha yea FOE is me

That's right. You've even created your own martial arts style, which I hereby dub Bokjutsu. Even a n00b like me can now inflict major pwnage while being completely unarmed! These are all hand-2-hand kills:

post-1237-1181734093_thumb.jpg

I think this was the game right after you left. There were like 5 guys on the other team. They were all "everyone, we must stick together". So my guys were being all tactical, peaking around corners, setting up proximity mines when I decided to kamikaze rush the enemies' hideout Leroy-Jenkins style. They were all bunched together when I rushed them while slide kicking into them. 3 of them died instantly. I then proceeded to round-house kick the 4th guy in the face (BOOM HEADSHOT) while immediately jump kicking the 5th guy as he was backing up to get some shooting distance. The carnage before my eyes was the most glorious thing I've ever seen. The best part is that I survived the encounter since those little blue things that drop when they die kept replenishing my health. Remember kids: Try this at home 'cause Bokjustsu ninjas flip out and kill people ALL the time. These guys are totally awesome and that's a fact. Bokjustsu is fast, smooth, cool, strong, powerful, and totally sweet. Get ready to love Bokjutsu with ALL your body (including your pee-pee). If you don't believe me then you're a loser and better get a life right now or they will chop your head off JUST LIKE THAT!!!

manthing2.jpg

Diablo 2, doing act bosses with a level 100 MF sorceress and filling a small portion (300 10x10 pages) of the infinite stash. I modded the game to allow character level 100 (among other things), and got rid of the experience penalties after level 70. It takes about a dozen such games to go from 99 to 100 in /players 8. (I don't like having to play 1000 games to advance one level; been there, done that.) I selected 100 because it's double the level limit in Diablo (50).

Still waiting around on games like DA, HL2:EP2, and MotB. None of the current releases interest me.

Play online? :brows:

Only at a LAN party with people I know. :thumbsup: I'm completely burned out and disillusioned with online internet play after 98% bad experiences over the last decade.

Currently playing an English campaign in Medieval 2: Total War.

For some reason, ever since the 1.2 patch, the Portugese will nearly always launch a seaborne raid at Ireland (although, if it's no longer in 'rebel' hands when they arrive, they may divert to Wales instead) very early in the campaign. Odd AI behavior, especially given that there are a number of rebel settlements that they could easily have reached on foot which would have been easier for them to take and reinforce. But still, the 1.2 patch is a dramatic improvement over the earlier versions of the game. Anyhow, chasing the rather large Portugese invasion force around the Isles has slowed my advancement such that the HRE is threatening to grab the low countries before I have a chance at them.

Currently playing an English campaign in Medieval 2: Total War.

For some reason, ever since the 1.2 patch, the Portugese will nearly always launch a seaborne raid at Ireland (although, if it's no longer in 'rebel' hands when they arrive, they may divert to Wales instead) very early in the campaign. Odd AI behavior, especially given that there are a number of rebel settlements that they could easily have reached on foot which would have been easier for them to take and reinforce. But still, the 1.2 patch is a dramatic improvement over the earlier versions of the game. Anyhow, chasing the rather large Portugese invasion force around the Isles has slowed my advancement such that the HRE is threatening to grab the low countries before I have a chance at them.

Do the British forces have a special unit for the Highlanders? Recently I've been reading about a lot of historical campaigns, and the Highland regiments were the shock troops of the British Empire. They were nearly always put in the worst part of a battle, given little consideration and left to be cannon fodder, yet more often than not wound up turning the battle with sheer courage and indefatigable violence. (The shout of "Claymore!", which was the signal for the Scots to change from their muskets/whatever to their broadswords, used to send the opponents scuttling.)

I doubt the British Empire would have been anything like what it ended up as without these doughty fighters in every theatre.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Well, MTW ends around 1500 :mellow:

I so want Colonialism: Total War or something like that :sad:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Colonialism: Total War would be at the top of my TW wishlist, right after China:Total War or perhaps Khan:Total War.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Do the British forces have a special unit for the Highlanders? Recently I've been reading about a lot of historical campaigns, and the Highland regiments were the shock troops of the British Empire. They were nearly always put in the worst part of a battle, given little consideration and left to be cannon fodder, yet more often than not wound up turning the battle with sheer courage and indefatigable violence. (The shout of "Claymore!", which was the signal for the Scots to change from their muskets/whatever to their broadswords, used to send the opponents scuttling.)

I doubt the British Empire would have been anything like what it ended up as without these doughty fighters in every theatre.

Well, the Scots are a separate faction. I haven't played as them, but I think there is a Highlander unit. It's probably pre-gunpowder, though.

I made the musket reference because I'm currently reading 1759: The Year Britain Became Master of the World, and in 1759 wars were fought with muskets, rifles and cannons. The point stands, though, because the Scots were renown for their tenacious fighting for a long time beforehand ... even back in Braveheart times (what's that, the thirteen century?). It just wasn't until after the signing of the Act of Union made it possible for the English to use the Scots, and not until after Bonny Prince Charlie's aborted putsch in the Jacobite Rebellion of 1745 that the English made special efforts to deploy the Highlanders as far away from Scotland as possible. :mellow:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'm going to start Sam & Max now.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

WoW is extremely addicting in month long or so doses ...

The most interesting thing to me, coming back after being essentially gone for 2 years, is how much the economy has changed. Mining in particular has gone completely crazy. I'm rolling in gold and I'm hardly trying.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

@LC: Ya, mining is where its at now. Probably has something to do with the new Jewelcradting profession.

@Hurlshot: All you gear will become instantly obsolete upon entering Outlands.

Me, Im still chugging along on the endless road that is getting the Kara key. Pity me.

I'm not too concerned with being obsolete. I just want to look cool. It's more important to look good than to avoid death.

yes but you'll look even cooler when you get outland gear.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

"Maybe I can get a map of the Netherlands tattooed on my nether lands!"

GOLD.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

"loin-grinding"

is the word of the day

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Now that's pure gold :lol:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)