What Sex Do You Play?

Dark_Raven

Which sex do you mostly play in RPGs?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Which sex do you mostly play in RPGs?

• Female
    • Male
    • Both

if i play male its kind of weird bc i dont get into it as much (im female btw)... i couldnt bring myself to flirt all that much with chicks

"She was short, she was furry, she was loud, and she was determined to sell him a melon"- random passage from Spector of the Past by Timothy Zahn

Male/Both.

Depends on the game really. If there is a difference in game experience, I play first as male, then eventually as female. My spare girl "Gwynn" will have to do the dishes while "Gorth" is on vacation then.

If there is none or only neglible difference, I play male. Being male is sort of what I'm most experienced with :)"

The one exception is Tomb Raider, but choice of sex is not really an option there :x

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

If there is none or only neglible difference, I play male.

I do the exact opposite. If there is little to no difference I'll play female. Mainly because I prefer to stare at a female avatar for 40+ hours than a male avatar. :)"

:D

A perfectly valid reason.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Bloodlines was the only game I actually played through as a girl. Typically I stick with males, and also human instead of other races. I guess I just like playing myself in these games, albeit a more physically fit and better with swords self.

I said both.

If I have a choice, I'll usually play female for the first run. Unless they're really fugly, then I may go with the male first...

If there's an actual reason to try the other gender (plot points or chr. skills) and I like the game enough to play it more than once, I'll pick the other later.

Occasionally I might pick gender based on the character I'm creating - ie if I wanted a Drizzt-based chr. I'd pick male. But that's not too typical for me, since I don't roleplay to that level very much.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

yeah... i definately like to relate and get way into the game so hence forth i do female (hmm... repeating myself??)

"She was short, she was furry, she was loud, and she was determined to sell him a melon"- random passage from Spector of the Past by Timothy Zahn

I play male. If there's a significant gameplay difference, as in Fallout 2, I'll play both. But I couldn't manage to slog through BG as a female, since the game is actually worse with a female in that case (given the main difference between them is romance)

Both. I just don't pursue the female romance options, especially since it's hard to be attracted to Anomen... :p

Male predominantly, but I'll try a female character from time to time, especially in the rare case where a female character will have skills/abilities a male character doesn't. Though not an RPG per say, I played female characters in D2 a lot because I preferred their skill sets (sorceress, amazon).

...usually I plays a bit o' both (first character always a male, then, if'n it be a good enuff game ta replay, I plays a femme on me next runthrough)...switched it up this time, though; runnin' through NWN2 right now with a femme Paladunce ('nother first fer me; usually I runs through a game a few times 'fore I hits the Paladunce class, but I figured a femme Aasimar Paladunce might be a nice change o' pace this time)... :p

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Both, but I usually start with female. It's Chun Li's fault.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I just realized i've played females in almost all RPGs i've played recently. In HotU i kinda accepted Valens romancing and darn he kept calling me "my love" for the rest of the game. That got a bit freaky pretty quickly. I never finished HotU. If i ever get around to replaying NWN2 it'll be with a male char i swear :ph34r:

In multiplayer games like WoW and Guild Wars i always play males though.

I play male. I would have no problem playing female, if they actually made it more realistic. I mean, come on, a female hero? Maybe it would work if the quest was shoe-shopping, but a woman saving the world, and using all those heavy manly weapons? Come on. What they need are some dish-washing or sandwich making mini-games for female characters, that'd be more realistic.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I bounce between male or female for my characters. Its usually based off a die roll. Even male, odd females.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"