What Sex Do You Play?

Dark_Raven

Which sex do you mostly play in RPGs?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Which sex do you mostly play in RPGs?

• Female
    • Male
    • Both

^ Haha! :(

Both, I guess it is something like 70 % male and 30 % female playing. Depends on game, at first I always pplay game as male. After that it depends. In k1 if I play LS I'm nearly always male, if DS nearly always female.

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I will play both ... usually male on the first run, female on the second ... i freplay value is high enough, I'd say I play female more often on subsequent games for the same reason listed earlier ... I much prefer to watch a female avatar run around for 40+ hours than a male.

I'm a little shocked that the sexist comments haven't drawn a little outrage (I'm a little offended at comments about "women can't", "shoe shopping" and "sandwich making"). Nice to know the ladies here are above responding to obvious flame-baiting.

I once made a female character in World of Warcraft. It was horrible. I had guys hitting on me, giving me things and dancing naked around me all the time.

In retrospect, choosing the name JennaJ may not have been the wisest choice.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Male, of course.

If it was a cooking and cleaning RPG, sure...I'd play a girl. But I like realism in my game. And girls casting magical spells and slaying dragons with the help of pixies just isn't realistic to me.

A famous line in my PnP group stated by a half orc...

You no mage. You got boobs.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I play girls in CRPGs because of the "Lara Croft" syndrome, but generally males in PnP although I have played female once or twice.. but it doesnt really work in PnP because noone could really imagine me as a girl

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I play girls in CRPGs because of the "Lara Croft" syndrome, but generally males in PnP although I have played female once or twice.. but it doesnt really work in PnP because noone could really imagine me as a girl

What are you talking about? In our Bloodlines game you were so convincing that every chance Baley got he was hitting on you. But looking back, I guess it was Baley...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Both. I tend to play females when I find male characters too ugly or fell in love in some pretty face or body shape - NWN, Morrowind, Oblivion, Bloodlines, U5: Lazarus, Martian Dreams were all played with only female characters. In othes games it was usually both, except Kotor 2 - but that`s because I had a bit too close connection with the game.

I just realized that when I play female characters I tend to roleplay more, with males I just play Jean-Luc Picard again (albeit a more tormented, darker Jean-Luc Picard).

Enough with the dancing clown.

Oh for ****s sake. I had nothing to do with the previous remarks. And mine was hardly harmful.

Ok then, I mainly play males. Mostly because I don't get off from pixel characters and therefore the "prefers to stare at a female avatar"-syndrome doesn't apply. I mostly pick what looks fitting, and cool - this applies both to looks and se...gender. Case in point, I played a Tremere female in Bloodlines, because I thought the gothloli outfit was nice and it was refreshing to see an avatar with glasses. The guy was just some dolt with a red shirt. On the other hand, I found the venture male to be a much better-looking alternative to the female. And the lawyer-look just fitted the character I was going for. That Bates-face and demeanor, the one where it seems like you can snap anytime and yet keep your cool in all circumstances. Even when you axemurder demons in the Kappadocian pits.

Fair enough answer now?

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

We could do with out the attitude thank you.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Sheesh, what did I miss?

For me, it's mainly because I end up playing only two or three types of characters in any game (instead of, say, trying out every class). So if I restrict myself to one gender too, then it becomes really repetitive. And since I have no qualms about playing females, why not? Also, the aesthetic side of things is completely unrelated to "getting off from females", which is why you might want to tone it down mus. I see where you're coming from, and I'm sure some *do* "get off from female pixels", but I just enjoy looking at both gender PCs when they are designed well. I'd nearly always play males in multiplayer though, since some people still are uncomfortable with 'fake' genders and you can invariably get the stupid "OMG U GIRL" comments.

Tone it down? It never was up to begin with.

Yeah, I'll bottle it.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

What are you talking about?  In our Bloodlines game you were so convincing that every chance Baley got he was hitting on you.  But looking back, I guess it was Baley...

I resent that; it's a well known fact I never, ever, hit on women. Men with wieners cleaved by the anonymity of mirc, now that, my friend, is a very different affair and a whole 'nother spiel.

As for the thread, well, I haven't actively played a game that wasn't some obscure Ski Jumping simulator, or that EA footie game, in a very long time. I'm rather satisfied with that, meself.

...Riftworm does, for the "jiggly" effect... :)

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Since my previous post was deemed inappropriate I'll expand upon it in a civilized manner.

The previous post read:

At the same time.

I do indeed play both sexes in games where playing a different gender makes a difference. Usually I start out with a female for those sultry little polygons and pixels, and sometimes I'll get bored with it halfway through and start a male game up and play it concurrently. Regardless if gender changes gameplay I'll do a playthrough with both eventually, same as with alignment. But I always start with female.

Does that makes sense now?

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Why are these boards so prudish? Even the underwear that Sargallath posted in the other threads was pruned. Also, any discussion which gets even slightly warm(in the form of heated debates) gets locked.

Of course its definitely good that anti Obsidian statements dont get censored at these boards.

Edited by roshan

You misunderstood, every heated argument that doesn't have Volo in it gets locked.

kirottu said: