What You've Done Today - We do not remember days, we remember moments

ShadySands

3 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

hopefully you are still close enough to work to commute by bike.

HA! Good Fun!

I've actually started to take the train with my bike, which cuts it down to 10 miles each way, so that's been great. I am moving further down the tracks, but it won't change my commute time by much.

• Like 3

Watching more Russian dubs of Star Wars films, as I have the lines near memorized it's great practice :lol:

• Haha 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On 10/20/2023 at 2:45 AM, Hurlshort said:

We bought a house. Well, a townhome, but it's pretty nice. We have been renting for about 15 years, so it is a big deal. We just cleared to close, so sometime next week we will get the keys and start moving.

Congratulations.

---

I am delighted to share that I have earned my MSc Data Science with Distinction degree and was granted permission to work. Currently looking for work (IT Support Technician with 4 years of experience or Junior Data Engineer with no experience).

Edited by Hawke64
  • Like 6

I went to the ren fair today:

gsg58Zu.jpeg

I'm not presumptuous enough to dress up as a noble so there I am in my gambeson and cloth coif.

dsKur5u.jpeg

m0S965R.jpeg

A good time was had. The Carolina Renaissance Festival always puts on a great show.

vFiLE7m.jpeg

vtMe8RF.jpeg

• Like 7

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

One of my old university friends was visiting the city, so she invited a group to get together at what had been her favourite ****tail bar for the night. Booked a table. Agreed and turned up, and then we found out it was a Magic Mike tribute night, bottomless ****tails, and the table she had booked was in the splash zone...

• Haha 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Had a craving for kiwifruit. Ate a kilogram of kiwi. Still have a craving for kiwi. ._.

Edited by Azdeus
  • Haha 3

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

7 hours ago, Azdeus said:

Had a craving for kiwifruit. Ate a kilogram of kiwi. Still have a craving for kiwi. ._.

Mu tongue would not survive it. After about 5 of them it start to sting.

• Like 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

54 minutes ago, Sarex said:

Mu tongue would not survive it. After about 5 of them it start to sting.

Not gonna lie, my tongue did feel a bit felty 😄

• Haha 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Go to grocery A, buy 12 of an item.  Go to grocery B and see item on sale for $1.50 less each.

Unable to properly articulate the rage I experienced

• Haha 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

No Man's Sky has filled my chill-game-vibe needs for a while. But I'm still waiting for news on Avowed.

Hopefully I won't need a 4090 to just try it. :shifty:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Saw a praying mantis in person for the first time. It was on my balcony hanging upside down. When I got close with a shoe box and it turned its head towards me, I took a step back. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

Just now, Sarex said:

Saw a praying mantis in person for the first time. It was on my balcony hanging upside down. When I got close with a shoe box and it turned its head towards me, I took a step back. 😂

What was the shoe box for? Were you hoping to capture it and keep it as a pet?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

6 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

What was the shoe box for? Were you hoping to capture it and keep it as a pet?

No just to bring it outside to the ground. I am high up and didn't want to risk killing it. The female occupants of the house didn't want to share the balcony, said female occupant didn't want the shoe box back. 😂

• Haha 4

22 hours ago, Sarex said:

I too have only ever seen one in person in the wild, and it was such a momentous occasion to me that I called all my coworkers outside to see it. One guy got too close and it flew at him chasing him a few parking spots. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

2 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

I too have only ever seen one in person in the wild, and it was such a momentous occasion to me that I called all my coworkers outside to see it. One guy got too close and it flew at him chasing him a few parking spots. :lol:

This one did not want to fly away.

Bought some nice candy from lakrits.se that got delivered to me today, svenskjävlar are delicious as always, but I was quite dissapointed in the hot svenskjävlar, liquorice and salmiak cream surrounded by salmiakliquorice, salmiak, caramellized white chocolate, strawberries and carolina reaper. It didn't mix really well, but I'm going to have to try them again when I have less coffee taste in my mouth. They were really hot though 😄

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Azdeus said:

svenskjävlar

😂 👍

• Haha 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

So. Much. Moving.

I miss the days in college where I could pack all of my belongings into a compact car. Getting married and having kids comes with a lot of baggage.

That being said, the new house is great. My fridge communicates with me now and can tell me when the kids leave the door open too long. I'm exhausted. :)

• Like 6

Did the MCM London Comic-Con this weekend. Originally with everything going on I didn't think I'd be able to attend, so I didn't volunteer to be a steward.

Then last week everything clicked and I realised I could attend Friday and Saturday. Turned up, and was like "Wow, first time in 5 years as a tourist. What do I actually do?", felt weirdly on edge during the Friday. Checked in with the folks I know where I normally steward, catching up and all that with folks. They also had the WCS early rounds starting up (one of the World Cosplay championships), and Emma (the person who runs all of the Cosplay slice of things) saw me and did a "Can you help out tomorrow?" due to all the chaos. I agreed, and ended up doing 10am till some point after 7pm as an off the books steward over the course of Saturday (which I had already paid for a general ticket) 😄

Got invited to look into becoming actual Crew for future Cons. So we'll have to see about that.

Now had that blah Monday back at work and a bout of the con-crud had me napping earlier.

• Like 2

I guess I have to decide semi-soon if I'm going to try to keep my YT account or let them one day delete it. Technically they can do so if you don't log in for two years, although it's always possible they wouldn't get around to it 'cause you're too small fry for them to notice. I have a secondary account that I haven't touched in like 13 years and I just checked - it seems to still technically exist.  :p

Edit: did I say already that the doc's think the steroid injections would do nothing for hubby? That local anesthetic shot didn't help him thus....may have to get a smoother ride car if he still has to do long drives twice a month. Either that or move back to the Bay Area next year and rent this one out instead etc. Or something. Just don't know what'll happen. I most certainly don't want to move again but oh well.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

7 hours ago, Raithe said:

Did the MCM London Comic-Con this weekend. Originally with everything going on I didn't think I'd be able to attend, so I didn't volunteer to be a steward.

Then last week everything clicked and I realised I could attend Friday and Saturday. Turned up, and was like "Wow, first time in 5 years as a tourist. What do I actually do?", felt weirdly on edge during the Friday. Checked in with the folks I know where I normally steward, catching up and all that with folks. They also had the WCS early rounds starting up (one of the World Cosplay championships), and Emma (the person who runs all of the Cosplay slice of things) saw me and did a "Can you help out tomorrow?" due to all the chaos. I agreed, and ended up doing 10am till some point after 7pm as an off the books steward over the course of Saturday (which I had already paid for a general ticket) 😄

Got invited to look into becoming actual Crew for future Cons. So we'll have to see about that.

Now had that blah Monday back at work and a bout of the con-crud had me napping earlier.

Where all the photos and the cosplay girls, dont forget the cosplay girls :wub:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

42 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Where all the photos and the cosplay girls, dont forget the cosplay girls :wub:

20231028_161745.jpg?ex=654f9b6a&is=653d2

IMG_20231028_082429.jpg?ex=654fce64&is=6

20231028_155808.jpg?ex=654fd58f&is=653d6

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1