Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2, Thread 2

Katphood

I am open to them proving themselves up to the task to make a fun game.

It turns out even Werewolf: Earthblood was actually good (in an AA or possibly Aa kind of way).

The WoD has potential for good games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

2 hours ago, Wormerine said:

Hmmm… the developer raises my eyebrows - they haven’t ever developed an actual game, have they? Just narrative walking sims. 

Nonsense, they made a platformer for apple stuff!

Still, going from Dear Esther (which is good for what it is), to an AAA game seems like a bit step up... We'll see how it goes.

17 hours ago, Lexx said:

Ah s- here we go again.

Not sure what to think of it. Too lazy to check the old stuff, but looks kinda the same to me.

/Edit: And more. https://www.pcgamer.com/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-has-been-quietly-rebuilt-by-dear-esther-developer-the-chinese-room-with-different-gameplay-mechanics-and-rpg-systems/

That looks really good and Im hoping they finish this game, Im excited because I was starting to think this game would be vaporware 

And one positive already it looks like there are hot women in it which means woke influence isnt dictating the artistic and aesthetic direction of the game . That will be a nice change :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

38 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Nonsense, they made a platformer for apple stuff!

Still, going from Dear Esther (which is good for what it is), to an AAA game seems like a bit step up... We'll see how it goes.

Don't forget, they made the 1 Amnesia game that everybody pretends doesn't exist.

• Thanks 1
  • Gasp! 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

57 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Don't forget, they made the 1 Amnesia game that everybody pretends doesn't exist.

Im still skeptical about if they can create a game as prestigious, iconic  and grand as Bloodlines 2 

I enjoyed Amnesia and Penumbra  but they tiny games compared to this project 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Tbh, that trailer gives me nothing. All we see is some combat action, but simple truth is, I rather do the talky or sneaky way in my roleplaying games. And that's pretty much what would be important to me in a new Bloodlines game... How is the dialog, what stuff can I do, and how avoidable is the combat. The new company has no (good) track record in any of that stuff, but since everyone got fired some years ago, who knows what's going on now. Maybe they did find good replacements, maybe not. tl;dr - need to see actual gameplay if they want me to get excited.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

26 minutes ago, Lexx said:

Tbh, that trailer gives me nothing. All we see is some combat action, but simple truth is, I rather do the talky or sneaky way in my roleplaying games. And that's pretty much what would be important to me in a new Bloodlines game... How is the dialog, what stuff can I do, and how avoidable is the combat. The new company has no (good) track record in any of that stuff, but since everyone got fired some years ago, who knows what's going on now. Maybe they did find good replacements, maybe not. tl;dr - need to see actual gameplay if they want me to get excited.

Im having a similar debate on Codex and someone correctly pointed out that Chinese Room is basically a new company with none of the previous people working for it that worked on previous adventure games 

But that doesnt mean it cant succeed if you think of Owlcat but  it still concerns me 

John Milton 

2 hours ago, BruceVC said:

And one positive already it looks like there are hot women in it which means woke influence isnt dictating the artistic and aesthetic direction of the game . That will be a nice change :thumbsup:

Hey, you could be a nekkid hot woman in Saint's Row reboot. People still review bombed it for being woke :p

but Vampire always had a bit of eroticism in the genre, and you can't cut that out. It isn't a vampire story without some seduction. Some forbidden promises whispered in an ear. The lips slowly traveling lower. Without the goosebumps as they brush the neck. And the white flash as the fangs come out and pierce the flesh.

and you know why they only let me paint cats and not write anymore :p

• Haha 3
  • Gasp! 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

3 minutes ago, melkathi said:

Hey, you could be a nekkid hot woman in Saint's Row reboot. People still review bombed it for being woke :p

but Vampire always had a bit of eroticism in the genre, and you can't cut that out. It isn't a vampire story without some seduction. Some forbidden promises whispered in an ear. The lips slowly traveling lower. Without the goosebumps as they brush the neck. And the white flash as the fangs come out and pierce the flesh.

and you know why they only let me paint cats and not write anymore :p

Dont stop ...just pause, I need to get a handkerchief and dab my forehead :wub:

• Haha 1

John Milton 

1 hour ago, BruceVC said:

Im still skeptical about if they can create a game as prestigious, iconic  and grand as Bloodlines 2 

I enjoyed Amnesia and Penumbra  but they tiny games compared to this project 

The Chinese Room didn't develop Amnesia: The Dark Descent nor Amnesia: Rebirth nor Amnesia: The Bunker nor any of the Penumbra games, those were all developed by Frictional Games. The Chinese Room developed Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs which is generally considered the black sheep of the series. That doesn't mean that they can't make a great game, hopefully Bloodlines 2 is fantastic, but I'm not holding my breath. 

• Thanks 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

1 hour ago, Lexx said:

Same, but they might have wanted to show a short trailer with functional gameplay, which is easier to do with combat rather than dialogues.

55 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

but I'm not holding my breath. 

In general I would advise against holding one's breath when it comes to games development. How much more when the game is already many years delayed and on its second Dev team.

• Haha 1

The Chinese Room Devs talking how awesome TCR is.

Then you realise that TCR is short for The Chinese Room and that they have been talking about themselves the whole video. It's a bit awkward.

On 9/5/2023 at 4:28 AM, Theonlygarby said:

Am I stupid for being surprised the Chinese room is a bunch of white guys?

No but why would that matter? What does it imply or suggest for you 

John Milton