Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2, Thread 2

Katphood

15 hours ago, melkathi said:

I just assumed it was a Sherlock Holmes short story.

The Hound of Baskerville

The speckled band

The Chinese room

Melkie what would you think if you came across a development  company called " The BruceVC room ", would you make the  assumption its eponymous and  named after me?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

11 hours ago, BruceVC said:

what would you think if you came across a development  company called " The BruceVC room ", would you make the  assumption its eponymous and  named after me?

I would make sure that said company at the very least took me out to a fancy dinner before it tried to romance me.

• Haha 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Read an article saying development of the new version of the game is already far along, past alpha (which should mean it is in beta), and that we'll see a gameplay trailer in January.

They need 4-5 months of beta to get it to a point where gameplay is presentable for a trailer?

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/games/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2/news/welcome-to-the-chinese-room

While making decisions about Bloodlines 2, one constant reference is our first game pillar: “Feel like a Vampire”. Everything you do in this game should make you feel like a predator of the night.

In video games, we often get to be a mighty hero fighting against the darkness. Vampires, especially as playable characters, are underrepresented. We’re building the game around the experience of doing things only a Kindred can. With non-combat gameplay, we found early on we were doing the RPG tropes: find a keycard to open a door, turn on a generator to restore power to a lift. We put in a rule that the non-combat gameplay should be about something only a vampire could do; keep it aspirational. 

When we were exploring combat, it started off playing like Dishonored (which we love), but that didn’t feel right for a vampire: players were very cautious and afraid of the enemies they encountered. To us, a Kindred should stalk its prey and strike fearlessly like a predator. We want to build an action experience where players feel confident, almost trolling the enemies with their disciplines. Testers use the phrase “playing with your food,” which we love and illustrates how we think a Vampire: The Masquerade ARPG should feel has come up in playthroughs.

Somehow mixed messages. As a Nosferatu, I guess (played a Toreador), the experience was to hide in the sewers until no one is watching, because of the possible Masquerade violations.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Welp

https://www.ign.com/articles/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-reveals-its-main-character-phyre-the-elder-kindred

They're going the Mass Effect route of a set but customizable PC with their own background and history.

Also, 4 clans in the base game with a supposed day 1 DLC adding a fifth and plans for a future sixth.

I'm already down on the game so this doesn't move the needle for me. Will probably wait to see if anyone here gets it and see how they feel about it.

PS, how does a thinblood end up in the head of an elder?

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

On 11/1/2023 at 3:54 AM, ShadySands said:

Welp

https://www.ign.com/articles/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-reveals-its-main-character-phyre-the-elder-kindred

They're going the Mass Effect route of a set but customizable PC with their own background and history.

Also, 4 clans in the base game with a supposed day 1 DLC adding a fifth and plans for a future sixth.

I'm already down on the game so this doesn't move the needle for me. Will probably wait to see if anyone here gets it and see how they feel about it.

PS, how does a thinblood end up in the head of an elder?

While I am not fond of voiced PCs, the render/model of the PC looks quite good/androgynous. Haven't watched the video, so just replying - I am glad to have several clans to choose from, even if it is fewer than in the original, though not so glad to have DLC or post-launch content. I guess, no Nosferatu or Malkavian, as they had the most distinct playstyles and dialogue options? Also I am curious, how the replies about the MC's history will affect this history - are the events set by the answers or predetermined?

Edited by Hawke64

7 hours ago, Hawke64 said:

While I am not fond of voiced PCs, the render/model of the PC looks quite good/androgynous. Haven't watched the video, so just replying - I am glad to have several clans to choose from, even if it is fewer than in the original, though not so glad to have DLC or post-launch content. I guess, no Nosferatu or Malkavian, as they had the most distinct playstyles and dialogue options? Also I am curious, how the replies about the MC's history will affect this history - are the events set by the answers or predetermined?

Im still  concerned about  the lack of  experience that  TCR has  with this type of massive and iconic  development  project. Its   not  like Larian because they had   previous success with D:OS1&2 so I was always confident they would  create the overall  global  success that BG3 has  become 

I realize TCR  has hired  new people which is expected but if you look at the previous games  they have released they not on the same scale or type   as  BL2 ....can anyone make  me  feel better  about my doubts :unsure:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, BruceVC said:

....can anyone make  me  feel better  about my doubts :unsure:

I can try:

You have very reasonable, good, quality doubts. 

You are not alone in your doubts. Your doubts are shared by others, even in this community.

Your doubts do not make you a bad person. 

You may try mantras like these to help you accept your doubts:

These are my doubts,

There are many like them,

But these ones are mine.

I am at one with my doubts,

That are with me on this adventure.

This is me breathing.

• Haha 5

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

You are a vampire. You strike from the shadows and drink the blood of both mortal and vampire prey. In a gritty main narrative that includes several side missions and dialogue options, explore a dark and mysterious Venice to improve your abilities and become the most powerful vampire. Vampire: The Masquerade - Justice is a first person single player Adventure RPG set in the World of Darkness.

Available on Meta Quest 2, Meta Quest 3 and PlayStation VR2.

I thought that it was a mod for Dishonored when I first watched the trailer. Can't check how similar the gameplay is, unfortunately - no VR.

Very boring, modern take of the first game it sounds. That they destroyed the entire story and characters that were already written by the game's original writers is both hilarious and unforgivable. Does anybody in their right might actually believe the story, characters, quests and roleplaying elements are going to be anything remotely close to the quality of the original outside of the delusional team putting this slop to market? 

now just hold on, we haven't seen her in the cheerleader outfit yet

Spoiler

that 1-2 seconds of gameplay sure looked a bit dishonor-y

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

• 4 weeks later...

bummer, I want my Emo Lasombra catholic chicks :(

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

41 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Brujah, Tremere, Banu Haqim, and Venture are the clans that the game is shipping with if anyone cares. They sent me an email about it so that's how I know.

Well, if nothing else, it seems to cover the violence (melee/magic)/stealth/persuasion approaches. So, technically fine. Curious if Banu Haqim can utilise the social and stealth aspects at the same time (will there be enough skill points?).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/games/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2/news/visceral-immersive-combat

Gameplay trailer due in January.

But it is the 28th, there isn't much January left!

Eh, it's Bloodlines 2, dates are just a construct.

vicera and combat - last things I care about in VtMB

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"