Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2, Thread 2

Katphood

Don't care much about Avellone, but the moment they removed Brian is where it died for me.

• Like 3
  • Gasp! 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

On 7/21/2022 at 1:22 AM, BruceVC said:

Here is a summary of the sequence of events of the problems Paradox has had around development, its still in development but the closest the project came to being  cancelled was when the original developers, Hardsuit Labs , were fired

What a shame, Hardsuit Labs made such great games like Killing Floor 2!!! (my favourite coop shooter)

Buy Killing Floor 2 - Xbox Store Checker

Killing Floor 2 (2016) PlayStation 4 box cover art - MobyGames

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

3 minutes ago, Gorth said:

What a shame, Hardsuit Labs made such great games like Killing Floor 2!!! (my favourite coop shooter)

Buy Killing Floor 2 - Xbox Store Checker

Killing Floor 2 (2016) PlayStation 4 box cover art - MobyGames

Thats interesting, I didnt realize they had developed good games 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Just now, BruceVC said:

Thats interesting, I didnt realize they had developed good games 

They probably don't have any RPG pedigree, but the they got the atmosphere and action based combat down pat, that's for sure :)

(and a lot of experience with actual, well working coop design from Killing Floor and Killing Floor 2)

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

1 minute ago, Gorth said:

They probably don't have any RPG pedigree, but the they got the atmosphere and action based combat down pat, that's for sure :)

(and a lot of experience with actual, well working coop design from Killing Floor and Killing Floor 2)

Maybe thats why they dropped the ball with this game, they had no experience with making a RPG ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

• 4 months later...
29 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

The Chinese Room? I don't know who they are but I still hope this rumor is false.

They have created some smaller games but nothing on the scale of this, Im worried that they dont have the experience to deliver on this prestigious title. And the rumors have been around for about 12 months but I was hoping they not true

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chinese_Room

John Milton 

• 4 months later...

I played Dear Esther and Everybody's Goneto Rapture and they were both awful. 

If you want a good walking simulator go play The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.

As for RPGs...I have no idea how such a small inexperienced team is going handle a big game like this. 

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

• Amentep changed the title to Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2, Thread 2

A game that isn't even dead because it never was alive got into a second thread.

I am taking bets on how many threads we can reach before it either releases or gets officially abandoned.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

• 2 weeks later...

To make this thread worthwhile: actual news!

So yeah, there won't be physical editions, plus please feel free to cancel your pre-orders and here are 5 screenshots, three of which are in generic alleys/ sewers. I guess the one with the tree looks kind of interesting, though it looks more like something from the unannounced Thief: tDP remake.

Anyway, please check back in September!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Gasp! 1

• 2 months later...

Ah s- here we go again.

Not sure what to think of it. Too lazy to check the old stuff, but looks kinda the same to me.

/Edit: And more. https://www.pcgamer.com/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-has-been-quietly-rebuilt-by-dear-esther-developer-the-chinese-room-with-different-gameplay-mechanics-and-rpg-systems/

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 2
  • Gasp! 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

1. not sure i really like the look of any of that combat

2. but if they bring back my cheerleader outfit, i suppose i can at least try it out

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

On 7/22/2022 at 1:43 AM, Gorth said:

I'm not sure I would go that far. Killing Floor 2 was originally made by Tripwire Interactive and Hardsuit Labs seems, by all accounts, to have only been responsible for the PS4 port of the game.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

So according to Wikipedia, The Chinese Room sacked all their employees in 2017 and at that point the company was down to just the two directors working out of their house. In the six years since then they've been acquired, released one new mobile game, and re-released one of their old games for mobile.

Alrighty then.

Edited by Humanoid
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G