What you've done today - Days of Our Lives

Amentep

5 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

Time to toss some more magazines and old notebooks and other paper-y things, make room on shelves!

...giant C+ or C++ or something textbook, outta here! (other things too)
...no, can't toss that. Or that. Or that. 
...dangit.

BYTE-081985.jpg

Dear god, I was three months old when that was released 🤣

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Driver when connecting my last dolly on the yard; ABS/EBS fault! I can't drive this.

Me; Did you check your fuses?

Driver; Yes, they're all good.

I go out and check the drivers fuses, fuse is blown.

Me; What's this?

Driver; I dunno...?

Me; 🤬🤬🤬

• Haha 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Finished work, then started installing Windows on the new PC. Wanting to get it set up before transferring stuff (both data and other hardware) from the old PC.

Man, it is reminding me of all the things I dislike about Windows 10. That whole slice of frustration is making me non-excited about all the shiny hardware.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Birthday yesterday, ate too much, so probably should go for a long walk today

• Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Spent some time wondering why Youtube is giving me Muslim dating app ads.   Based on what I've been listening to of late, would have expected they'd flag me as some sort of Communist.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

10 hours ago, Malcador said:

Happy Birthday!!! You Muslim loving commie

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

10 hours ago, Malcador said:

Happy Birthday, I didnt realize you are a fellow Leo 🎂

Malc you know its now been scientifically proven that Leo are the best star signs.....you lucky fish being born into privilege 

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

15 hours ago, Malcador said:

Belated happy birthday!

• Like 1

On 8/14/2020 at 2:29 AM, Azdeus said:

Dear god, I was three months old when that was released 🤣

Dear God I USED that  computer in high school!

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Laundry is done, yard work is done. Taking Sunny and going fishing/swimming in the river.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

It's been real hot here, about 30C, and I've been helping a friend with a house project that today involved shovelling sand and gravel. My friend met my sister when we were unloading gravel at my place, and she made a sterling impression on my friend. His first reaction was "she was kind of rude and grumpy". Feels nice to have my hatred validated.

We are having a heat wave as well. I did track early and it was already hot and humid by 7. I was going to flake on a bike ride, but one of my riding buddies was sitting in my driveway when I got home, so I had no way out of that. Now we are all huddled in our one room with the AC unit.

• Like 1

When I was home a few days ago I did all my bike rides in the morning before the temperature got too high. Prime riding conditions are October through early December and March through early May where I live. Not coincidentally, those are just plain the best parts of the year.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

57 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

We are having a heat wave as well. I did track early and it was already hot and humid by 7. I was going to flake on a bike ride, but one of my riding buddies was sitting in my driveway when I got home, so I had no way out of that. Now we are all huddled in our one room with the AC unit.

Honestly, I'm pretty certain I'd die of dehydration if I were to live where you do. I've had almost 6 litres of fluid so far today, and I've been to the bathroom once.

Gun stores around here SUCK!  I ask for a Beretta 92fs and they laughed and said "Good luck" I'm like "You don't have any?" and he says "No" like I'm an idiot for asking.  I'm sorry, aren't gun stores supposed to have a variety of weapons?

I may have to settle with a Glock 17.  I mean yeah they're ugly as all Hell but they are very reliable and they have a ton of after market accessories you can attach to them to make them look and perform better.  They even have clips that can hold 30 rounds lol.

I recommend everyone get a piece, you really never know what could happen in these upcoming days/months/years.  It's good to have one and not need it than the other way around.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

^ I'm probably going to get a Sig P220 myself; 10mm version.

Not a lot of guns  come in 10mm, you might think to get yourself a more conventional caliber if you might buy another gun. (Which lets face it, you will...cause guns are awesome) Sig P38 are a good investment right now, they're cheap because of army surplus and they're a good gun. But you do what you feel like.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif